UT administration after Kiffan bolted...

Now, it seems like a Homerun because he has learned how to navigate the media giving them fodder for rating bumps. When at UT the media was hounding the wet behind the ears brat even minuscule violations were headlines. They were gonna take him down and UT with him. When he went to USC and got Tarmaced that humbled him and gave the media what they wanted. He is like a criminal coming up from the ashes and they're there to assist now everybody loves a comeback story and it's good for ratings.
Best season in school history at his current job. Lots of good job openings this cycle, and possibly more to come. So far, it doesn’t appear that any of the top schools have come knocking. Maybe he has just told them all that he doesn’t want an insane pay raise at a more traditional football power. If that’s the case, he won’t ever come back to UT either. They all obviously made that call to him right? I mean, it was a no brainer that he would have turned Florida into the next Alabama according to some on this board, but they gambled on a much lesser known. So please tell me why they would pass on guaranteed unprecedented greatness by not calling Kiffin.

I think we blundered post Kiffin for mainly two reasons. We were cheap, unwilling to spend what was needed at the time. The UT during Fulmer's time was too generous. I've read that the football program handed over millions to academics, then when that money was really needed, we just didn't have it and academics wasn't willing to give a dime back. I've read, not too long ago, this generosity is no longer available from the athlete department for that very reason.

You had an incompetent AD in Hamilton doing the hiring and your pool of candidates was slimmer than usual due to the timing and a pending NCAA investigation as well. It’s absolutely mind boggling how Hamilton was allowed to make that hire.

You had an incompetent AD in Hamilton doing the hiring and your pool of candidates was slimmer than usual due to the timing and a pending NCAA investigation as well. It’s absolutely mind boggling how Hamilton was allowed to make that hire.

Naw, it's was expected, you have to remember what the first three letters of his last name spells.

Best season in school history at his current job. Lots of good job openings this cycle, and possibly more to come. So far, it doesn’t appear that any of the top schools have come knocking. Maybe he has just told them all that he doesn’t want an insane pay raise at a more traditional football power. If that’s the case, he won’t ever come back to UT either. They all obviously made that call to him right? I mean, it was a no brainer that he would have turned Florida into the next Alabama according to some on this board, but they gambled on a much lesser known. So please tell me why they would pass on guaranteed unprecedented greatness by not calling Kiffin.

I will say this and by no means am I comparing Kiffin to Butch but when Butch won 9 with Dobbs. He or no OC or anybody drew up the cuts and dynamic plays that just happened because of a Great running QB. That team without Dobbs & Butch coaching is a 6 win team IMO.Ole Miss is a 7 win team without the dynamic Corral because some of the same variables JMO.
We will see next year, it is still the SEC west. Kiffin is a very good OC but you just don’t teach that kind of improvising it’s instincts and having a feel for when to go or pass. 195 yards rushing by QB hard to beat that one dynamic, we still came close.

Reactions: Fightmaker
And Fulmer would have been a lot better if DAVE CLAWSON was allowed to develop! Remember Phil took a chance on the Richmond HC? Then was fired because of it? Clawson is looking pretty sporty now. Imagine if they had a chance to mesh? Perhaps Phil would've retired about 2012 and Clawson would have 9 years in by now. F'n Mike Hamilton! Single handedly buried Tennessee Football.
Phil said he overruled Clawsons play calls about 30% of the time, translation 50-60% is more realistic. Clawson was never allowed to install his offense because someone was afraid a successful OC might stab them in the back and take their job! Not that its ever happened or anything?!

With all the coaching turmoil, I picked up my copy of Mark Nagi's book about the last decade of Tennessee's coaching debacles last night again, and the Dooley hire was the worst. Jones and Pruitt were bad coaches, but understandable decisions considering the situations we were in, but jumping the gun with Dooley was just such a colossal blunder when Cutcliffe had verbally agreed to take over, only to have Hamilton tell him he couldn't bring his staff. A lot of that goes down to Hamilton's ego. Cutcliffe wasn't going to win a natty anytime soon, but he would have kept us at a respectable level until he could hand over a program with much more stability and one that was still seen as a desirable destination.
Mike Hamilton is the worst AD we've ever had, Hart wasn't much better although he gets a little credit for hiring Barnes.

Reactions: perico

VN Store

Back