USC QB JT Daniels Enters Transfer Portal

Vandergriff won’t come now he s going somewhere else. IMHO

I'd tend to disagree. He won't enroll until 2021, probably sit his freshman year, and take over as a sophomore when JT moves on to the NFL. I know there have been a lot of freshman starters lately, but it's still the exception more than the rule. BVG will learn behind Daniels, Beck, and Mathis, and compete for the starting job when Daniels leaves. Plus - Daniels isn't a proven commodity - had one year at USC prior to a major knee injury. He's not guaranteed anything either, so if I'm BVG, this changes nothing.

Reactions: Atlanta917
If I have learned anything over the years, it is QBs are only as good as their protection. If they begin to worry about the oncoming rushers, you have already won.

The 1986 Sugar Bowl might be the best example of this ever.

If I have learned anything over the years, it is QBs are only as good as their protection. If they begin to worry about the oncoming rushers, you have already won.

The 1986 Sugar Bowl might be the best example of this ever.
Vinny was scared to death. He should have been, Ken Donahue had the Vols teeing off on a tell.

I agree with you guys Vandergriff has to be weighing his options now. The Wilcox/Eason/Fromm debacle has to be fresh in recruits minds. I am not 100% sure we need another true freshman rock star. I would hate to lose Harrison if we pick up Vandergriff.

I agree with you guys Vandergriff has to be weighing his options now. The Wilcox/Eason/Fromm debacle has to be fresh in recruits minds. I am not 100% sure we need another true freshman rock star. I would hate to lose Harrison if we pick up Vandergriff.
You absolutely have mastered the art of fanciful, unnecessary worrying. 😎

Reactions: Boca Vol
I had the same thought.... Avoid the rush...PANIC NOW!
Bailey didn’t immediately transfer when Salter committed...prolly plans to compete with whomever whenever. But he’ll hike up his skirt and flee if someone in that same class signs on? Football ain’t easy for some.

Does smart pay you for carrying uga's water on this board?
I'm sure this seemed clever when you posted it . . . but what are you even talking about?

Somebody asked about Brock Vandagriff. I happen to know a little about the kid because he plays in the same league as the school my kids go to. We actually got eliminated from the playoffs by them this year. Not sure how that's carrying anybody's water.

I'm sure this seemed clever when you posted it . . . but what are you even talking about?

Somebody asked about Brock Vandagriff. I happen to know a little about the kid because he plays in the same league as the school my kids go to. We actually got eliminated from the playoffs by them this year. Not sure how that's carrying anybody's water.

Mostly tongue in cheek, but your comments were a bit pro-uga, IMHO. You guys tolerate a lot of uga supporters on here spouting off, why not let them offer the pro-uga comments?

Each his own, I just have nothing positive to say about that program. Ever.

I am conflicted on this. He was a 5 star, #2 ranked pro-style qb in his class. I think he is worth a look. But do we want a QB battle in Knoxville? Look at Kirby Smart. His coaching career at UGA has been marred by all these 5 star QB's and his inability to develop them all. They leave Athens and become rock stars at other schools. It might be better to just focus all of our efforts on Bailey. Teach him the system inside and out and have one true leader in the locker room.

That being said, the #2 pro style QB from the '18 class is tempting and if Tee really has the inside track he has to at least make that phone call.
This is an actual question?

Given that Brock Vandergriff has grown up 10 minutes from campus and won't enroll until 2021 anyway, I doubt it matters to him.
If I recall correctly, Daniels still needs a waiver to play in 2020 and has 3 years of eligibility left. If that’s the case then a 2021 recruit certainly would be very interested in what happens with Daniels. Now if Vandergriff is going to UGA due to being a lifelong fan then UGA could bring in Tom Brady and Vandergriff wouldn’t care.

Let me paraphrase the uga reply:

“Vandergriff will come because uga is the most awesome thing in the history of awesomeness. Dont you agree? Please agree because I crave validation as a needy uga fan. Oh, and (insert backhanded, passive aggressive slap at Tennessee here)”

Really, who cares. The kid will make his decision, and we will play uga each year regardless. We need to, and will, begin to win those games.

Reactions: butchna
I'm back in the portal again.... 🎶🎵🎶🎵

Sung to the tune Back in the Saddle Again, Aerosmith or Roy Rogers... Your choice...

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back