USC QB JT Daniels Enters Transfer Portal

I personally would love to see Maurer win the job and put up huge numbers as a QB. Is he capable? Don’t know. I do thing JG has had enough time to prove he could put up big numbers.
Do you really think JG or any QB would have made a difference considering the OL and DL and overall talent the Vols had his 1st 2 years starting? Add to the fact that we had 2 terrible offensive coordinators as well on those 2 teams. I think it's ridiculous to think that any QB would have been successful under the conditions JG was put in. I thought JG showed a lot of grit and resolve during last season's winning streak and I think the way he competed down the stretch while playing injured will springboard him to a good Sr campaign. The difference this year from last is simply HB now being on the roster.

I agree, its QB 101. That's the main reason JG plays. #1 rule of the QB is protect the football. #2 rule is NEVER throw off your back leg across your body and back to the middle of the field. Go look at film, both BMs and JTs last 2 pass attempts broke Cardinal rule #2. JG is and has been our best option up to this point and time. HB may change that but it's yet to be proven.

That last throw BM made against Indiana was admittedly quite puzzling...

That last throw BM made against Indiana was admittedly quite puzzling...
There were a few puzzling throws he made throughout the season. Just as there were many that puzzled me that JG threw himself as well as Shrout. There will be some that puzzle us of Baileys too. But we’re talking about freshman not juniors or seniors. What Pulaski will not admit is BMs only drive vs IU ending in 3 points proved critical in a 1 point win.

There were a few puzzling throws he made throughout the season. Just as there were many that puzzled me that JG threw himself as well as Shrout. There will be some that puzzle us of Baileys too. But we’re talking about freshman not juniors or seniors. What Pulaski will not admit is BMs only drive vs IU ending in 3 points proved critical in a 1 point win.

Of the four, I will take BM to start against Charlotte...….assuming he comes back strong and mentally ready in August.

Reactions: 1vol8
I agree, its QB 101. That's the main reason JG plays. #1 rule of the QB is protect the football. #2 rule is NEVER throw off your back leg across your body and back to the middle of the field. Go look at film, both BMs and JTs last 2 pass attempts broke Cardinal rule #2. JG is and has been our best option up to this point and time. HB may change that but it's yet to be proven.

I wasn’t necessarily talking about Maurer or JT‘s improvement or play. I was talking about JG’s improvement and how it’s hard to have confidence in him. He’s on year 5 and last season he was making the same mistakes he was making as a RsFr. We all know what those are. I want him to correct those mistakes, he needs to take control of the ball club, but I feel that sometimes there is a huge mental hurdle he needs to get over when the lights come on. That’s why I don’t have a great deal of confidence in him. I like him, I want him to succeed, but I don’t have confidence in him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I wasn’t necessarily talking about Maurer or JT‘s improvement or play. I was talking about JG’s improvement and how it’s hard to have confidence in him. He’s on year 5 and last season he was making the same mistakes he was making as a RsFr. We all know what those are. I want him to correct those mistakes, he needs to take control of the ball club, but I feel that sometimes there is a huge mental hurdle he needs to get over when the lights come on. That’s why I don’t have a great deal of confidence in him. I like him, I want him to succeed, but I don’t have confidence in him.
That's a fair take, one I agree on. I just think folks blow up way overboard when it comes to JG. He's nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be. Pruitt likes him because he's tough and a fighter which matches Coach's mentality. I don't think many QBs could have had much success with the roster and pathetic OCs we had his 1st 2 years. He made a bunch of big plays last season that helped us win games. I also think it's a big benefit that we have his experience at the position, especially considering the hand everyone has been dealt. I think young QBs in the SEC are likely to get roasted this year without much preperation. Teams with new QBs are going to struggle this year. I also think CJP will have JG on a short list. I think we'll know at halftime of the Oklahoma game who our QB will be. If JG plays well enough to beat Ok and/or Fl then he'll be our guy for the year.

You realize he did that by playing parttime as a scrawny true freshman. Any Qb will learn to make better decisions than they did as a freshman. In NFL, Peyton set record for most rookie interceptions. But he learned from that and got better.
Manning had 6 INT in 144 attempts as a Freshman at UT (4%). Mauer: 5 INT in 35 attempts (14%). I rest my case.

Future All-Pro and HOF even before he retires from the NFL.
- David Pollack prolly

For a coach named "Smart", he sure has gone thru a lot of top tier quarterbacks.

Yes, it appears the one he chose as the best, in reality was the third best, Eason, and Fields appear to be better. Eason went higher in the draft, and Fields did very well at OS

Transforms significantly better I might add. No more 5% better send him out there, after the amount of time he's had on The Hill, he needs to be a lights out type player or move on early IMO.

I would like to see either Maurer or Bailey start from game one, to get game expierence for the year, I thought it was very bad for Maurer to have his first start against Ga. one of the best defenses in the country. If jg is not going to be the qb the whole year, I think whoever the coaches think it will be should be starting, and be more prepared when conference play starts. With all this said I will support the coaches decision on who plays qb.

I cant believe there is a single UT fan on this planet...other than JGs parents maybe...that honestly thinks that JG is the most talented QB on the roster. Nobody who has ever played football with pads on could possibly think that...nobody that has seen SO MANY ducks, balls underthrown by 5 yards , rifled at 100mph on a swing pass...he still cannot throw a swing pass or wheel route. Still. After what seems like 7 years on the Hill...cannot throw the easiest, high completion % pass that a QB makes. The guys I played with both in jr high and in HS could throw a more accurate ball in the backfield than JG does. I played on pretty crappy teams too BTW.

Nobody who has decent vision and an understanding of the game of football could possibly believe that JG is a good QB. It just isn't possible. Not at the most important part of his job...throwing the football. He absolutely sucks at it, and will forever go down as the only QB in the modern era to start for 3 years or more and leave with a LOSING RECORD. Much of which is his fault, because he doesnt see wide open WR, throws terrible, late, underthrown deep balls, and of course that play at Bama will forever be remembered as the single dumbest, most off the wall, stupidest sheit in at least the last 40 years of UT football...because that is how long I have been watching faithfully.

1 of the worst things to me about this stupid panic from the virus is that we lost spring camp. Bailey enrolled early and Maurer had been working his butt off so that they could give JG a seat where he belongs....on the bench. If he is our starter day 1, and CJP is stubborn and slow to sit his azz down when he inevitably stinks it up...again...for the 3rd or 4th year in a row...we will be hard pressed to win 7 games and coach will be under serious pressure to perform in 2021. Conversely, if we get a decent QB under center who can, you know...actually THROW A FOOTBALL ACCURATELY then we can win 8 games and maybe 9 before going to a nice bowl game. We will have a good OL, a good defense, and good skill players...the only thing that can ruin our season is another garbage season from our loser QB.

Yes, it is perfectly OK to call JG a loser when discussing football. Thats his record, he owns it. .and it will be here long after he is gone. Seems to be a good guy and a tough young man. On the football field, he is a loser. He simply cannot get it done in the SEC. His record vs this conference is shameful. I wish him the best after football...which will be very soon.

I feel we have a good hc in Pruitt, but if jg is the best qb on our roster then we are doing a very poor job in recruiting qb.

How will JT to bulldogs affect the 5* QB currently committed ,as well as other Qbs on the roster? interested on your take.
Given that Brock Vandergriff has grown up 10 minutes from campus and won't enroll until 2021 anyway, I doubt it matters to him.

How will JT to bulldogs affect the 5* QB currently committed ,as well as other Qbs on the rooster? interested on your take.
Other QBs (other than Newman) looking for exit strategies. Doubt it affects Vandagriff.

VN Store

Back