USC QB JT Daniels Enters Transfer Portal

You fail to mention that he went 16-16 the next 2 years. The greatest that ever played took 4 years before he stayed above a .500 winning pct. Like I said, in college football you don't have time to wait on your QB to quit throwing it to the other team. BM continues to throw the ball off his back leg across the middle of the field. He did it numerous times last season and his last pass of the year he threw vs Indiana was off his back leg and was almost picked. He didn't improve 1 bit last year and I don't think he'll ever be the QB at UT again unless JG or Bailey gets injured.

How you cant see his potential is almost as mind numbing as this Peyton Manning argument you've come up with.

Yes he went 16-16 after that, but still one of those years he went to the FREAKING PLAYOFFS!!!!

3-13
13-3 *pro bowl
10-6 *pro bowl
6-10

So what he was .500

He made two pro bowls and made it to the playoffs in year two and three.

More than four years to have a winning record, but he was obviously already one of the best QB's in the league BECAUSE HE WENT TO THE PRO BOWL TWICE. Took two teams to the playoffs!

He was great already in year two and that is a FACT.

So yes, Maurer can get better. He was 18 years old and about to run away with the job before the bama concussion.

Same thing I told Pulaski. If you were from his area you would hear it. And truth is I don’t understand what’s so hard to believe about it. Aaron Rodgers is known for his ability to throw accurately from off platform, ability to escape a dirty pocket and his ability to run when needed. Brian is known for all the same things. So is the real problem with the comparison the fact that Aaron Rodgers is a successful qb? If so that’s cheap to assume that BM can’t be.
So if Randy from Forney says that JT Shrout throws better than Mahomes, I can claim “they’re” saying it? At this same stage in his career, Rodgers was preparing for his first year at Cal after a season in JUCO...after not receiving a scholarship offer from a four year school post high school. Someone in Oroville posting on a message board that the local product was as good or better than Donovan McNabb would EVENTUALLY prove to be correct, but in no way was it conventional wisdom...cuz the FACTS hadn’t happened. This next example predates your Vol fandom because it occurred more than two years ago, but a regular poster back then was pontificating on DB’s on the team and who we needed to offer based on his evaluations from working at player camps in Bama. I simply posted that a much maligned figure on the roster (Emmanuel Moseley) had pro potential with proper teaching. Much LOL and derision from the poster who taught the craft for a living...so I can relate. Moseley went undrafted but played his way into a second contract and played in the most recent Super Bowl. Difference is I didn’t KNOW what I opined on and didn’t represent otherwise. Being a FACT from your purview and experience and expecting acknowledgment from others leads to the constant disconnect. Sometimes wait for it to happen.

So if Randy from Forney says that JT Shrout throws better than Mahomes, I can claim “they’re” saying it? At this same stage in his career, Rodgers was preparing for his first year at Cal after a season in JUCO...after not receiving a scholarship offer from a four year school post high school. Someone in Oroville posting on a message board that the local product was as good or better than Donovan McNabb would EVENTUALLY prove to be correct, but in no way was it conventional wisdom...cuz the FACTS hadn’t happened. This next example predates your Vol fandom because it occurred more than two years ago, but a regular poster back then was pontificating on DB’s on the team and who we needed to offer based on his evaluations from working at player camps in Bama. I simply posted that a much maligned figure on the roster (Emmanuel Moseley) had pro potential with proper teaching. Much LOL and derision from the poster who taught the craft for a living...so I can relate. Moseley went undrafted but played his way into a second contract and played in the most recent Super Bowl. Difference is I didn’t KNOW what I opined on and didn’t represent otherwise. Being a FACT from your purview and experience and expecting acknowledgment from others leads to the constant disconnect. Sometimes wait for it to happen.
Fair enough. Everyone has someone that just hits them wrong and the Pulaski/KTown duo do it to me. I’m only saying that multiple people from his area who have seen him play the most make those comparisons and I can see the similarities. I’ve heard Marcus Merriotta (spelling) and Carson Wentz as well but the most common opinion seems to be Aaron Rodgers. So I was only repeating the talk in central Florida.

Fair enough. Everyone has someone that just hits them wrong and the Pulaski/KTown duo do it to me. I’m only saying that multiple people from his area who have seen him play the most make those comparisons and I can see the similarities. I’ve heard Marcus Merriotta (spelling) and Carson Wentz as well but the most common opinion seems to be Aaron Rodgers. So I was only repeating the talk in central Florida.
If it comes to fruition, all of you get a nod.

How you cant see his potential is almost as mind numbing as this Peyton Manning argument you've come up with.

Yes he went 16-16 after that, but still one of those years he went to the FREAKING PLAYOFFS!!!!

3-13
13-3 *pro bowl
10-6 *pro bowl
6-10

So what he was .500

He made two pro bowls and made it to the playoffs in year two and three.

More than four years to have a winning record, but he was obviously already one of the best QB's in the league BECAUSE HE WENT TO THE PRO BOWL TWICE. Took two teams to the playoffs!

He was great already in year two and that is a FACT.

So yes, Maurer can get better. He was 18 years old and about to run away with the job before the bama concussion.
The point was never to compare him to Peyton genius, your reading comprehension sucks, the point was that in college if a QB throws it to the other team a bunch you don't have time to wait out his development. You guys act like BM is going to change overnight and that's not how it works.

The point was never to compare him to Peyton genius, your reading comprehension sucks, the point was that in college if a QB throws it to the other team a bunch you don't have time to wait out his development. You guys act like BM is going to change overnight and that's not how it works.
In all fairness, they don't have to change "overnight." But they definitely can study, get coached up by Chaney, learn and grow, from one season to the next. Spring practice woulda been helpful to any one of our Qbs. Aw, well.

For the record, i am not promoting any one of our guys at the expense of bashing any other one. I hope they all improve.

In all fairness, they don't have to change "overnight." But they definitely can study, get coached up by Chaney, learn and grow, from one season to the next. Spring practice woulda been helpful to any one of our Qbs. Aw, well.

For the record, i am not promoting any one of our guys at the expense of bashing any other one. I hope they all improve.
I agree and I think they will all likely improve and that includes JG as well. I just think that BM is not going to improve enough in this offseason to be effective for more than a handful of snaps. I also believe that HB is simply a better player than BM whose only claim to fame is that he threw for a ton of yards, TDs, losses and interceptions in one of Florida's weakest districts.

Never said you were comparing him to Peyton, but you're basically saying it took five years for Peyton to become a winner at the NFL level.

You said something like "even the greatest took time, took four years to win in the NFL."

It took TWO.

Half the time Maurer just got thrown in there halfway through the game after JG had zapped the game of any momentum.

I could see both JG and Maurer playing well for us.

We just know the one attribute JG is best at is inconsistency.

Maurer, is more athletic and has a better arm.

Didn't always make great decisions, but did JG?

How could one really feel confident that Maurer won't possibly improve by next season? Most people develop quite a bit after they're 18 years old.

Never said you were comparing him to Peyton, but you're basically saying it took five years for Peyton to become a winner at the NFL level.

You said something like "even the greatest took time, took four years to win in the NFL."

It took TWO.

Half the time Maurer just got thrown in there halfway through the game after JG had zapped the game of any momentum.

How could one really feel confident that Maurer won't possibly improve by next season? Most people develop quite a bit after they're 18 years old.
How can one really feel confident that JG won't possibly improve by next season as well? BM was never recruited to be the starting QB here once HB committed. Whoever led Maurer to UT simply set him up to be a backup once HB committed and JG returned. Maurer had 4 good shots at becoming the face of the program early as a freshman, he really never made it past halftime to secure the job. Watch his film, at least 6 throws across his body, off his back leg and back across the middle of the field, he did it twice in a short span vs Indiana. He didn't improve during the year, he didn't get any bigger physically his 1st year which was what he needed the most, and he seems to me to be a bit immature. If he had big arm talent it might be different but his arm talent is average at best. He runs good and lots think that makes you a college QB prospect but it doesn't matter how well you run if you can't take the hits physically. He'll be a good QB at a lower level I feel.

How can one really feel confident that JG won't possibly improve by next season as well? BM was never recruited to be the starting QB here once HB committed. Whoever led Maurer to UT simply set him up to be a backup once HB committed and JG returned. Maurer had 4 good shots at becoming the face of the program early as a freshman, he really never made it past halftime to secure the job. Watch his film, at least 6 throws across his body, off his back leg and back across the middle of the field, he did it twice in a short span vs Indiana. He didn't improve during the year, he didn't get any bigger physically his 1st year which was what he needed the most, and he seems to me to be a bit immature. If he had big arm talent it might be different but his arm talent is average at best. He runs good and lots think that makes you a college QB prospect but it doesn't matter how well you run if you can't take the hits physically. He'll be a good QB at a lower level I feel.

There wouldn’t be this ongoing debate if people were confident that he would improve. I think we can hope that JG will improve, but I’m not sure how anyone can be confident that he will improve. Yes it has been a tough hand he’s been dealt with the number of OCs, but I don’t think he gets a complete pass because he hasn’t had the same scheme. IMO there is a lot more to it than that. Some of the stuff is just QB class 101 stuff.

If you only knew what you think you do.
No one says that. If some local yokel at the Walmart who watched him play with his kid said it it doesn't count. Not one person who is considered a national or even regional football expert/professional has said that.

No one says that. If some local yokel at the Walmart who watched him play with his kid said it it doesn't count. Not one person who is considered a national or even regional football expert/professional has said that.
How many qb coaches do you know from around the nation personally? Because I can tell you quite a few that disagree with your every assumption.

How many qb coaches do you know from around the nation personally? Because I can tell you quite a few that disagree with your every assumption.

If they are "coaches" like you I assume you know a lot. There are a ton of twitter "coaches" around the country.

Still doesn't change the FACT that not one regional or national expert or professional has said what you claim "people" are saying.

If they are "coaches" like you I assume you know a lot. There are a ton of twitter "coaches" around the country.

Still doesn't change the FACT that not one regional or national expert or professional has said what you claim "people" are saying.
My point is conversion and comparison takes place behind every closed door. Which means, It doesn’t have to become public to become truth. That’s the kind of thinking that’s gets the two of you called out. You have no idea what Trent Dilfer, Brian Stomph, Bucky Brooks or Brian Tequillo among others think of Brian Maurer. Just because it isn’t public doesn’t mean it’s untrue. Just like his late offers that you and your boy told me he never received. The fact that the two of you THINK that the offers suddenly stopped after committing to UT is laughable. There were another 10 that no one knows about simply because HE didn’t want it public knowledge.

Wouldn't it be easier to look at A A Ron's college career, or better yet, his freshman year and compare that AR to BM? It's just tough to compare any freshman college player to any NFL player.

My point is conversion and comparison takes place behind every closed door. Which means, It doesn’t have to become public to become truth. That’s the kind of thinking that’s gets the two of you called out. You have no idea what Trent Dilfer, Brian Stomph, Bucky Brooks or Brian Tequillo among others think of Brian Maurer. Just because it isn’t public doesn’t mean it’s untrue. Just like his late offers that you and your boy told me he never received. The fact that the two of you THINK that the offers suddenly stopped after committing to UT is laughable. There were another 10 that no one knows about simply because HE didn’t want it public knowledge.

If they didn't put it out in public they haven't made the comparison. Stop acting like Dilfer or someone actually credible has said to you that BM reminds them of Aaron Rodgers. Just stop.

If Dilfer said that he must have said JG is Brady mixed with Mahomes. He had more praise for JG than BM.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Do you know he wasn’t recruited to be a starter for a fact? Because I can tell you for a fact that the one that recruited him, Tyson Helton, thought pretty highly of him and couldn’t wait for him to get on campus.

You seem just as confident as you were last year at this time despite your predictions blowing up in your face as the season progressed. A year ago you claimed you KNEW BM was going to be #3 behind Shrout and he wouldn’t sniff the field outside of garbage time. 0-1. You claimed there was NO WAY he would beat out JG. 0-2. You claimed THEN he’d never start outside of injury. 0-3. That being true, how confident are you that he CANT beat out JG,HB or even Daniels this year? Every judgement you’ve passed on the kid so far has made you look bad and yet you keep going.

If they didn't put it out in public they haven't made the comparison. Stop acting like Dilfer or someone actually credible has said to you that BM reminds them of Aaron Rodgers. Just stop.

If Dilfer said that he must have said JG is Brady mixed with Mahomes. He had more praise for JG than BM.
Dilfer May have a stronger relationship with BM than you give it credit for. You may need to watch the 2018 elite 11 series 1-6 and realize that more happens behind the scenes than in front of the camera.

And THATS where you’re wrong. You think EVERYTHING is made public and you don’t realize how much more there is going on. These kids don’t have cameras in their faces 24/7. You only get a small fraction of the whole truth from TV or social media. You think offers automatically load to a prospects offer list? No.... the prospect him/herself determine what’s made public knowledge. Once THEY make it public it gives the media the green light to report.

Do you know he wasn’t recruited to be a starter for a fact? Because I can tell you for a fact that the one that recruited him, Tyson Helton, thought pretty highly of him and couldn’t wait for him to get on campus.

You seem just as confident as you were last year at this time despite your predictions blowing up in your face as the season progressed. A year ago you claimed you KNEW BM was going to be #3 behind Shrout and he wouldn’t sniff the field outside of garbage time. 0-1. You claimed there was NO WAY he would beat out JG. 0-2. You claimed THEN he’d never start outside of injury. 0-3. That being true, how confident are you that he CANT beat out JG,HB or even Daniels this year? Every judgement you’ve passed on the kid so far has made you look bad and yet you keep going.
We have all heard that his less than stellar evaluation of qbs helped lead to him being ran out of town. Not really helping your case.

And THATS where you’re wrong. You think EVERYTHING is made public and you don’t realize how much more there is going on. These kids don’t have cameras in their faces 24/7. You only get a small fraction of the whole truth from TV or social media. You think offers automatically load to a prospects offer list? No.... the prospect him/herself determine what’s made public knowledge. Once THEY make it public it gives the media the green light to report.

Why has he publicly declared some prospects, like JG, as super talents and compared them to NFL guys? He obviously believes in some more than others.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...see-qb-commit-he-s-almost-too-talented-070915

Where is the praise like this for Bm from someone like Dilfer?

Him agreeing with to placate an uncle proclaiming a kid Aaron Rodgers isn't him comparing the kid to Aaron Rodgers.

BM can do it...I'm convinced. Give him a year, and teach him how to throw it away on a bad play instead of getting mauled. Fantastic athlete.

JG may come on....aka, Jonathon Crompton..a senior bloomer.

HB will be a SEC stud: but, not in 2020.

However, plenty of room for JT Daniels. You must have a QB...the good ones will compete.

I
We have all heard that his less than stellar evaluation of qbs helped lead to him being ran out of town. Not really helping your case.

Why has he publicly declared some prospects, like JG, as super talents and compared them to NFL guys? He obviously believes in some more than others.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...see-qb-commit-he-s-almost-too-talented-070915

Where is the praise like this for Bm from someone like Dilfer?

Him agreeing with to placate an uncle proclaiming a kid Aaron Rodgers isn't him comparing the kid to Aaron Rodgers.
I never heard a single word spoken about Helton and his qb evaluation in a negative light. His play calling on the other hand was a concern for many. However in his defense, he was limited with one option in 2018 and JG didn’t do him any favors that year. I do remember distinctly that Pruitts evaluation of the qbs last year had many calling for his job. From what I understand it may have went even deeper than just the fan base. So maybe you have the two confused?

And I’m not going to get into anything said or done by anyone that was not previously made public. You just need to understand that not everything is made public.

Lol, your high school fantasy football league is not considered as a QB coaching guru club.

It took TWO.

I personally would love to see Maurer win the job and put up huge numbers as a QB. Is he capable? Don’t know. I do thing JG has had enough time to prove he could put up big numbers.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
There wouldn’t be this ongoing debate if people were confident that he would improve. I think we can hope that JG will improve, but I’m not sure how anyone can be confident that he will improve. Yes it has been a tough hand he’s been dealt with the number of OCs, but I don’t think he gets a complete pass because he hasn’t had the same scheme. IMO there is a lot more to it than that. Some of the stuff is just QB class 101 stuff.
I agree, its QB 101. That's the main reason JG plays. #1 rule of the QB is protect the football. #2 rule is NEVER throw off your back leg across your body and back to the middle of the field. Go look at film, both BMs and JTs last 2 pass attempts broke Cardinal rule #2. JG is and has been our best option up to this point and time. HB may change that but it's yet to be proven.

VN Store

Back