USA Today Poll finds 58% of Republicans believe Capitol Riot was organized by Antifa

Boundaries and whatnot

Ra9aba5c0a3c2c5cb2ba26b6862fbcfba

It's gonna be okay. Just stop wishing people dead because you don't like their opinion. Other than that, let the insults fly.

A coup is an attempt to take over government (in your mind). It requires a position of strength - like the military assuming power over a civil government because it has the mass and the weapons to do so. This was a demonstration pure and simple. Protestors have interrupted congressional proceedings for decades seeking to change policy. A book I'm reading mentioned Viet Nam antiwar protestors interrupting congressional proceedings - they were physically present and interrupted - it wasn't a coup.

The point of the “demonstration” was to implement an alternative method of government. That’s a coup.

The other stuff you’re talking about was an effort to influence the existing government to implement different policies. Not a coup.

Try again.

Reactions: Septic
The point of the “demonstration” was to implement an alternative method of government. That’s a coup.

The other stuff you’re talking about was an effort to influence the existing government to implement different policies. Not a coup.

Try again.
You’re pretty damn stupid for a “lawyer”. The event didn’t meet the requirements and definition of a “coup”
And the Cline Center is wrong in their classification (which frankly the Cline Center used mental gymnastics to apply the event to fit one of their 12 categories as an “attempted coup”). My source? Other academics. Feel free to point this out to the kid. I don’t want him to think I’m picking on him. 😂

An actual coup comes from within and has specifically defined players. To be fair Trump is loose with the word also. But frankly Trump is closer to being correct than anybody applying it to Jan 6

What is a coup and did we see one on Wednesday?

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Isnt it in the name? Protest.

What the cause of a protest has to be preapproved now?

No. Their stated purpose was to thwart the transfer of power. They were trying to pressure the legislature to overturn the election. The method of selecting a government does need to be preapproved. The Congress or Vice President making that decision is not the preapproved method. That is, definitionally, a coup.

The structure of this (ignoring the available facts and resorting to deflection) seems like more of an admission than a defense.

No. Their stated purpose was to thwart the transfer of power. They were trying to pressure the legislature to overturn the election. The method of selecting a government does need to be preapproved. The Congress or Vice President making that decision is not the preapproved method. That is, definitionally, a coup.

The structure of this (ignoring the available facts and resorting to deflection) seems like more of an admission than a defense.

Worst coup in history. 🤣😂

The scandalous efforts to thwart Trump’s election would be more of a coup attempt as it involved people from many branches of government and positions of power.

Reactions: AM64 and Grand Vol
Worst coup in history. 🤣😂

The scandalous efforts to thwart Trump’s election would be more of a coup attempt as it involved people from many branches of government and positions of power.

[👆 cartoonish deflection.gif]
1615051485746.gif
Oh look, it worked.

You’re pretty damn stupid for a “lawyer”. The event didn’t meet the requirements and definition of a “coup”
From your article:

“So, was what happened a coup?
What happened Wednesday could be called a coup under the definition of the Cline Center for Democracy, but not under the professors’ definition.”

From your article:

“So, was what happened a coup?
What happened Wednesday could be called a coup under the definition of the Cline Center for Democracy, but not under the professors’ definition.”
LMFAO yeah and then the academics quoted in the article proceed to decimate the Cline Center on the mental gymnastics they contorted thru to make the narrative fit into one of their 12 definitions. I’m stating to go with not a real lawyer for you. This was some stupid **** reply from you.

Reactions: AM64
It does not address the merits of what I said. It brings up an unrelated event.
That’s a deflection.

You brought up trying to delegitimize an election. It’s entirely related. You want to bring up a politician making comments that cause and encourage civil unrest? You have no argument when you ignore the same s**t, AND WORSE, from your side. That’s actual deflection.

LMFAO yeah and then the academics quoted in the article proceed to decimate the Cline Center on the mental gymnastics they contorted thru to make the narrative fit into one of their 12 definitions. I’m stating to go with not a real lawyer for you. This was some stupid **** reply from you.

So your argument relies on substituting those academics narrow definition. over some other academics broader definition? The Bill Clinton “it depends on your definition of “is” argument?

My decision to skip your post and just read the article has been thoroughly validated.

So your argument relies on substituting those academics narrow definition. over some other academics broader definition? The Bill Clinton “it depends on your definition of “is” argument?

My decision to skip your post and just read the article has been thoroughly validated.
Nope. It wasn’t a coup. And the link clearly establishes that. You’ve got to have a horrible win/loss record pettifogger 🤡

You brought up trying to delegitimize an election. It’s entirely related. You want to bring up a politician making comments that cause and encourage civil unrest? You have no argument when you ignore the same s**t, AND WORSE, from your side. That’s actual deflection.
Nobody but you has used the word “delegitimize” in this thread.

Nobody but you has used the word “delegitimize” in this thread.

I guess my thesaurus is broken.

I concede that link establishes that it doesn’t meet the definition of those two guys.
LMFAO that’s awfully convenient for you. It also doesn’t meet one of the 12 cases that the Cline Center poses and the academics in the article rightly mock their mental gymnastics.

Not a coup, pettifogger 🤡

LMFAO that’s awfully convenient for you. It also doesn’t meet one of the 12 cases that the Cline Center poses and the academics in the article rightly mock their mental gymnastics.

Not a coup, pettifogger 🤡

Is the US President selected by the states or by congress/the Vice President?

If you correctly answered “the states,” then it was a coup.

VN Store

Back