US State Department Stirring It Up With Iran...

We can patrol our own borders in this hemisphere. And besides, is that really a good use of our resources and intellectual knowledge (war making)? Couldn't we just as easily be using all of those resources and knowledge for peacetime activities and pursuits in the Tidewater area just as well?

Some of you people just think war making is just fine and dandy. meanwhile, all of the military might we have spend in the last few years and we are brought down by a stinking virus... not Iranians. Make that make sense.
I'm not a proponent of war and actually I agree with you about a lot of things especially about getting out of the middle east and patrolling the persian gulf. I do believe in having a strong military so when some 3rd rate dictator led nation like Iran wants to mess with us we don't take any crap.

I'm not a proponent of war and actually I agree with you about a lot of things especially about getting out of the middle east and patrolling the persian gulf. I do believe in having a strong military so when some 3rd rate dictator led nation like Iran wants to mess with us we don't take any crap.
When has Iran "messed" with us in our own hemisphere or in our own backyard? We are the ones on their side of the planet poking at them in the Persian Gulf.

We have zero business over there other than commerce and trade.

When has Iran "messed" with us in our own hemisphere or in our own backyard? We are the ones on their side of the planet poking at them in the Persian Gulf.

Are we doing anything in the gulf other than commerce? I'm pretty sure we're not attacking Iran.

Which is exactly why we patrol those waters. To protect our commerce and trade interests in the region.

Do you propose letting the Saudis, Iraqis, or Iranians protect US Flagged vessels in those waters?

Maybe we can outsource to 3rd party Somali Pirates?

Ferguson. Campus right next to the NN airport
The hvac company? They have places everywhere. HQ in NN isn't exactly a major employer, but continue on and tell me about all of these other places in Norfolk and Hampton.

Which is exactly why we patrol those waters. To protect our commerce and trade interests in the region.

Do you propose letting the Saudis, Iraqis, or Iranians protect US Flagged vessels in those waters?

Maybe we can outsource to 3rd party Somali Pirates?

Yes, if they are doing trade with us, that obvious means they either need our exports or imports. Tie for them to start paying up instead of having the US taxpayer pay the tab to protect the goods and services they need.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We have a military presence there. That is provocative wouldn't you agree?

Provocative is a Russian sub zig sacking down our coast line just inside and out of that 12 mile marker. It happens all the time . The navy here doesn’t even get excited about it .

The hvac company? They have places everywhere. HQ in NN isn't exactly a major employer, but continue on and tell me about all of these other places in Norfolk and Hampton.
A few thousand professional jobs at the hq of an intl corp in NN isn't a major employer? Anyone who had lived in Newport News would vehemently disagree since ferg is a huge part of that city. That would be like saying Pilot oil isn't a major employer in Knoxville

also, there are 7 cities in Hampton roads

I agree with you but you severely underestimate the incompetence of most of those ME nations. The US has been training the Saudi military for decades, and these fools still cant do simple things like maintain their own equipment, let alone fight. They could never provide any type of tangible security and Iran would have a field day. I hate to use the word retarded but, most of them are retarded. We decided to become World Police with Korea, I dont see it ending anytime soon.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Uhh, we didn't have and wouldn't have had trouble at our doorstep in WWI or WWII. WTF are you talking about?
LOL, Are you Charles Lindbergh incarnated?
Germany had plans for eventually attacking the United States! Had the Battle of Britain not succeeded with the British prevailing.

Germany would have set its sights on North America with help from the Japanese. Let's say Germany was successful in destroying/crippling the RAF on the heels of the Dunkirk Invasion failure and had actually succeded in invading Britain in say early to mid 1941. Six months later Hitler would be chomping at the bit for an attack/invasion of North America. The Japanese would probably have attacked not only Pearl Harbor but perhaps simultaneously attacked parts of the west coast namely San Diego & San Francisco at the same time German & Italian forces attacked the East Coast.

No I wouldn't. I have guns in my house, would you consider it provocative if my neighbors stood outside my house and harassed me?

Read they highlighted and think about how we have treated Iran since 1953 and ask that very same question again in your mind.

That is a poor analogy on your part, but to answer your question, yes, I would find that provaocative.

LOL, Are you Charles Lindbergh incarnated?
Germany had plans for eventually attacking the United States! Had the Battle of Britain not succeeded with the British prevailing.

Germany would have set its sights on North America with help from the Japanese. Let's say Germany was successful in destroying/crippling the RAF on the heels of the Dunkirk Invasion failure and had actually succeded in invading Britain in say early to mid 1941. Six months later Hitler would be chomping at the bit for an attack/invasion of North America. The Japanese would probably have attacked not only Pearl Harbor but perhaps simultaneously attacked parts of the west coast namely San Diego & San Francisco at the same time German & Italian forces attacked the East Coast.

They would have failed miserably. Have you even thought about the logistics of how that would even be able to occur during that time?

Read they highlighted and think about how we have treated Iran since 1953 and ask that very same question again in your mind.

That is a poor analogy on your part, but to answer your question, yes, I would find that provaocative.
I admit history on the middle east is lacking but wasn't Iran a relatively friendly country to the United States until the overthrow of the Shaw in early 1979?

So are you saying we should bring our ships home and attack the Chinese & Russian Navy ships that are 12 miles off our coast? 🤔 After all they are being provocative.

Now you are using your head for something other than to hold a ball cap...

That may actually force those countries to pull back into their part of the world in response.

I admit history on the middle east is lacking but wasn't Iran a relatively friendly country to the United States until the overthrow of the Shaw in early 1979?
It was a friendly country with the west until Churchill and the CIA decided to overthrow Mossadegh in 1953 because he had the audacity to demand a larger cut of the revenues from British Petroleum. That is when The Shah was put in as the puppet dictator by the West.

I didn't say it would be easy but Hitler wasn't exactly playing with a full deck.
Hitler would have had his hands full just dealing with eastern Europe and Russia in the East...

Japan would have had trouble trying to even occupy Hawaii, much less mainland United States.

VN Store

Back