Urban Meyer retiring

The man lost 20+ pounds in 3 months

U gonna ignore that ha ok that’s just normal coach stuff I guess
Weren't there some alleged...indiscretions, let's say, that actually had more to do with him leaving Florida than the health stuff? I've heard that even from Gator fans on this board.

I don't go as far as some do by saying that the health stuff was completely concocted by him. It's just that both of these departures for "health reasons" have come in the wake of other extenuating circumstances. Leads me to believe that in the absence of the extenuating circumstances, he'd manage the health issues and just deal with them, as he likely does before the other circumstances come into play. He manages the health stuff until something else comes up that leads him to leave, but speaks only of the "health issues" in his reasons for leaving.

Reactions: hUTch2002
I want to see the outrage from the national media, especially hacks like Pat Forde, that Day and not Schiano is going to he taking over. My guess is not a peep will he heard about it.

Reactions: alaVOL and DixieVol
Weren't there some alleged...indiscretions, let's say, that actually had more to do with him leaving Florida than the health stuff? I've heard that even from Gator fans on this board.

I don't go as far as some do by saying that the health stuff was completely concocted by him. It's just that both of these departures for "health reasons" have come in the wake of other extenuating circumstances. Leads me to believe that in the absence of the extenuating circumstances, he'd manage the health issues and just deal with them, as he likely does before the other circumstances come into play. He manages the health stuff until something else comes up that leads him to leave, but speaks only of the "health issues" in his reasons for leaving.
But why lie OSU owns the big ten he ain’t running this time nobody can say that

I suspect he isn't leaving this time because he's running away. I think he's still really upset about his suspension and how he was treated, because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. He had a huge falling out with the admin there and wants out.

Since he got to Florida, if conditions aren't what he deems perfectly ideal for him to win national titles, he wants out. If recruiting isn't perfect, he wants out. If competitive conditions within the conference aren't ideal, he wants out. If he doesn't have the exact type and level of support from his admin that he wants, he wants out.

Reactions: alaVOL
I suspect he isn't leaving this time because he's running away. I think he's still really upset about his suspension and how he was treated, because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. He had a huge falling out with the admin there and wants out.

Since he got to Florida, if conditions aren't what he deems perfectly ideal for him to win national titles, he wants out. If recruiting isn't perfect, he wants out. If competitive conditions within the conference aren't ideal, he wants out. If he doesn't have the exact type and level of support from his admin that he wants, he wants out.

If he ran a tighter ship at Florida the dynasty might be there instead of Alabama. When Urban is locked in and focused he’s right there with Saban

I can't believe we're over a hundred posts in and this hasn't popped up. VN, we are letting the public at large down.

giphy.gif

Can't stand the guy, but I think the health concerns are legit, and...

17 Seasons
186-32 Record
12 Ten-Win Seasons
10 Top-Ten Finishes
7 Conference Championships
3 National Championships
10-3 Bowl Record
Best W/L Percentage of the Modern Football Era (D-1)

Dude has had an incredible run.
One of the greatest

😂😂😂😂 I know that shouldn’t be funny but I Literally just busted out laughing
After watching the Michigan game, It looked like he was having a Heart Attack. No joke intended; He was having breathing problems as well as you could tell he was in pain on the sideline.

Here's the thing. He's earned the right to go out on his own terms and even name his successor if that's the case. If he has medical problems, get out while the getting is good so to speak. Same thing happened with Bob Stoops (his father dropped dead of a heart attack) and nobody said a thing.

Here's the thing. He's earned the right to go out on his own terms and even name his successor if that's the case. If he has medical problems, get out while the getting is good so to speak. Same thing happened with Bob Stoops (his father dropped dead of a heart attack) and nobody said a thing.
Stoops also didn't leave another job for the same stated reason and leave under a cloud of any kind of scandal.

I think he was told to resign at the end of the season before it ever started by their BOT. They give him a 3 game suspension and a way to keep his benefits. He will be USCs coach in 2020.

Last edited:
Urban takes a year off to recuperate and jumps to the NFL. Unless he is offered an NFL HC job right away, then he will have had a miracle procedure done and made a full recovery.

There will come a day when it leaks out that this was agreed upon back before Urban was suspended. tOSU got to posture like they cared, Urban got to be "vindicated," and they all got to move on before more terrible crap surfaced.
Ding ding ding

VN Store

Back