Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

RTI-Uniforms-Black-out-1024x1020.jpg

RTI-Uniforms-WHM-5-1024x1020.jpg

Reactions: jpope9
I’m not locked in on any certain color combo. I have more pressing issues in life. However, any combo/color scheme that interferes with “seeing” the players number does interfere with my enjoyment of the game. Maybe I’m odd but I follow the game that closely.

If you think it's a game changer for a program that's been irrelevant for the entire life time of an 18 year old you're delusional.
I get it , youngsters like them but so many programs have them I just don't think it's going to move the needle.
What will move the needle is beating the likes of Ga, Fla, bama consistently. No matter what color the uniform is.

never said it's game changer, only helps. Truth is most kids these days are all about image, and if having some cool looking uniforms helps persuade a few recruits that are needed to beat the georgia's and bamas, then I'm all for it.

Wouldn't it be great if we told everyone we are wearing Black, and then run through the T wearing Orange and White?

Reactions: Zues1
You make a good point. We were behind the nobody schools for decades on alternate uniforms and gimmicks. We were 2 years behind UGA and Bama with led lights. Its almost like we keep stealing other schools worn out stuff that isn't even new or exciting anymore. Again, embracing being the little brother loser school. Zero self awareness. The whole sec laughs and makes fun of us every single year, and it isn't bc they're jealous and want to be like us lol
Oh come on. None of that matters. If we start winning again against our top rivals, it won’t matter if the coaches wear clown noses on the sideline.

Just read an article about the players have a leadership council and they have input regarding the uniforms. Coach promised the players a say so in the matter and they choose each week. Paraphrasing, he likes our tradition and loves our fans but it's about the players on the field and what they want. I like our coach alot

You make a good point. We were behind the nobody schools for decades on alternate uniforms and gimmicks. We were 2 years behind UGA and Bama with led lights. Its almost like we keep stealing other schools worn out stuff that isn't even new or exciting anymore. Again, embracing being the little brother loser school. Zero self awareness. The whole sec laughs and makes fun of us every single year, and it isn't bc they're jealous and want to be like us lol
lol oh no the rest of the SEC laughs at us....

who cares, we make fun of bama and gators and their fans all the time. Besides, only the big 3 can truly poke fun at us, the mizzu's, gamecocks, kentucky, vandy, etc can't say **** about anyone at the moment.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
The Black uniforms are ok every once in a while, but that’s about it for me
Once in a while………. I like the Storm Troopers

Just going to be real here.. the only "tradition" we've had the last 15-20 years is losing, so the argument about being traditionalist.. ruining the university's tradition, etc are gone to me. If the kids want black uniforms and the recruits want black uniforms, let's do it. They're pumped for it and so should you. GBO.

The guy on the drive that sounds like he smokes 3 packs a day and pounds 10 monster drinks a day says he heard that there will be black helmets.

Oh, miss the part where the yellow mustard bottle go along with the Big Orange, wait a minute...its a recruiting tool!
Why Tennessee hasn't joined Mr. French's mustard for an endorsement is beyond me. That was the best free advertisement they've ever had for a condiment company lol.

Reactions: volinvegas

I'd rather Tennessee go solid black or the lighter Smokey Gray that both Nike and Adidas played with. The really dark gray on those uniforms is just meh to me. Also, those white helmets are, uh, genuinely Not Good.

I'd rather Tennessee go solid black or the lighter Smokey Gray that both Nike and Adidas played with. The really dark gray on those uniforms is just meh to me. Also, those white helmets are, uh, genuinely Not Good.
I kinda like that white helmet. Kinda grows on me. Maybe once.........

VolsHelmets2014DaveyB-e1411145553487.jpg

Why do we wear black uniforms against the black based colored teams? Makes no sense.

They should be once a year and not worn again until we have a black or solid orange helmet.
Tennessee colors are Orange & White Alternative colors once a year is ok but our colors are Orange & White.............

Reactions: Volaholic320
Why do we wear black uniforms against the black based colored teams? Makes no sense.

They should be once a year and not worn again until we have a black or solid orange helmet.

Yeah it's stupid, but if the kids want it, the kids will get it. I guess they'll be happy when their down by 4 TD's

Safeties are a little slow the back ups are more athletic so the future is bright… Charles, McDonald, slaughter, turnage, are all more athletic but Theo flowers and JM play good ball and seem to be in the right spot a lot.
You talking about Tank? I disagree

Just read an article about the players have a leadership council and they have input regarding the uniforms. Coach promised the players a say so in the matter and they choose each week. Paraphrasing, he likes our tradition and loves our fans but it's about the players on the field and what they want. I like our coach alot
I wish they were spending time discussing things that matter. That’s the concern here. That resources at every level are perseveration good on meaningless things that don’t help performance.

The black helmet really helps that look. Then we'd have a Vader look available at home and a Stormtrooper available for the road . . . but I'm a man who constantly gets reminded that I have no taste, so what do I know?

No, the black helmet does look sick. It's too bad there are supply chain issues with literally every product known to mankind right now, because the all-black uniform looks slick and I'd kill to see it in action this weekend.

I wish they were spending time discussing things that matter. That’s the concern here. That resources at every level are perseveration good on meaningless things that don’t help performance.

Please, good sir, do tell what the players are ignoring and should be focusing on instead. We're 5-4, have an elite offense, and I've seen our guys fighting with intense energy every week, so effort is definitely not lacking,

Besides, you do realize players can....I don't know....spend time discussing more than one thing at once? I bet you this uniform conversation took all of 10 minutes of their day.

VN Store

Back