Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

This would be interesting the 1963 uniforms

View attachment 489847
I don’t care too much for black numbers. Something that would be interesting though is if we have a big time neutral site game over the next 3 years as an away team and wear these helmets with white jerseys with gray numbers and white pants with a similar style single stripe down the side. It’d be a nice touch to our “storm trooper” look

Attachments

• E7E05A09-340D-4C88-BB0E-BB315979B3AD.jpeg
    E7E05A09-340D-4C88-BB0E-BB315979B3AD.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 32
You don’t have to call UGA or Bama fans to notice their record. Whether we like it, or not, they are the news.
Those teams are great because they developed a program to buy the best players without getting caught. Kirby Smart brought it from. Alabama to Georgia. Pruitt tried it but was just a bonehead. It has nothing to do with uniforms, either way.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Was told in the summer black for Akron and grey for Kentucky, haven’t heard anything to the contrary since.

If that is still the plan, I would imagine they will say something earlier in the week rather than later to boost the sales of the Nike Dark Mode line at retail. They would be wearing the black helmets for practice as well, but since that is closed to the media it might be a little easier to keep it under wraps.

Some of the “dark mode“ fan gear is still stuck in the supply chain hold up, so they are wearing all orange this week.

I believe this is what some would call the tail wagging the dog, with what is being worn on field being dictated by what is currently available at retail.

Other than jerseys, which are already in stock at retail, there is not a separate Smokey Grey line coming this year, so I would assume those are available to be worn right away, provided all the pieces have been received by the team. No idea if the team has all the Smokey Grey yet. They definitely didn’t have the helmets as of two weeks ago.

Some of the “dark mode“ fan gear is still stuck in the supply chain hold up, so they are wearing all orange this week.

I believe this is what some would call the tail wagging the dog, with what is being worn on field being dictated by what is currently available at retail.

Other than jerseys, which are already in stock at retail, there is not a separate Smokey Grey line coming this year, so I would assume those are available to be worn right away, provided all the pieces have been received by the team. No idea if the team has all the Smokey Grey yet. They definitely didn’t have the helmets as of two weeks ago.

Thanks for the update. So you still think they will wear the all black including helmets this year?

This would be interesting the 1963 uniforms

View attachment 489847
I remember back then. Were the invention of Jim McDonald, interim coach after Bowden Wyatt. Fans rebelled against them and were canned next year when Dickey took over. Also remember the away jerseys used by Condredge Holloway . Were discontinued in middle of season because they said fans disliked them.

Just wish the Smokey Grays were all one color gray instead of the two-tone. A solid jersey of the lighter shade and a horizontal orange stripe on the sleeve would be perfection. Same lighter gray on the helmets, too.

I don’t care too much for black numbers. Something that would be interesting though is if we have a big time neutral site game over the next 3 years as an away team and wear these helmets with white jerseys with gray numbers and white pants with a similar style single stripe down the side. It’d be a nice touch to our “storm trooper” look
Ummmm, I like that helmet

Reactions: berryvol
Just wish the Smokey Grays were all one color gray instead of the two-tone. A solid jersey of the lighter shade and a horizontal orange stripe on the sleeve would be perfection. Same lighter gray on the helmets, too.
I think the 2 tone is what makes them so good. It’s also sort of a nod to the old Holloway jerseys

304964421_5326574897397768_1587411299085410175_n.jpg

@DeerPark12 I wonder if anyone at Tennessee has noticed that awhile back UTEP changed there orange away from theirs to really close to ours, and under certain lights, hit the same shades? ( It makes be aggravated a little that they did it. lol ) I only ask out of curiosity since a lot of people want to see orange helmets, and wondering if it would look like theirs color wise? Any insights about Staff talking about UTEP or Checked out their helmet results?
367A2031-850x560.jpg

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Was on Joe Milton's IG live a little while ago this morning and someone pointed out the black helmet in his locker behind him and he immediately turned the camera away and was joking about there not being anything up there. Something is coming for sure.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back