Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

UGAs alternates were still red and black. You know, their actual colors. If they did an alternate design in orange & white, I hardly doubt those of us that think wearing black just for the sake of wearing black would care.
FSU wore black uniforms and won a NC. That's not their colors either. Black is a neutral color. They're called alternates for a reason.

FSU wore black uniforms and won a NC. That's not their colors either. Black is a neutral color. They're called alternates for a reason.
1. FSU didn't wear them until 2 years after the title and we've seen what they've accomplished since then
2. Tennessee (and Bama, multiple) have won titles without.

Why people are so fascinated about looking like others (the blacks look like they came straight out of Stillwater, OK) is baffling.

And they may not, but that was the plan that was put out this summer. As for why, the new branding guidelines that the UTAD developed for its sports say that teams should wear traditional uniforms for the traditional matchups and when championships are on the line. So for example, you won’t see the baseball team wearing black jerseys for the SEC tournament championship ever again.

They didn’t intend to wear black again, since they were designed and ordered by a previous coaching staff. But with the black helmets already back ordered, as well as a ton of retail gear that never made it last year, but was still in the pipeline, they were kind of forced into it for this year. The intention was to just shift back to the Smokey Grey and wear that as the alternate uniform once a year for the next four years. But the supply chain issues last year forced their hand into carrying over the black uniform for one more year.

Well the blue hairs should be happy then. I wouldn’t want to see an alternate for Alabama or Vanderbilt, say, but I’d be fine with them for our less historic rivalries like Florida. Oh well.

1. FSU didn't wear them until 2 years after the title and we've seen what they've accomplished since then

Why people are so fascinated about looking like others (the blacks look like they came straight out of Stillwater, OK) is baffling.
Are orange with the black and grey and white is what makes Tennessee look good and different. Are white look the same as Bama's white or stillwater's ?

Are you really trying to correlate winning to always wearing traditional uniforms? I'm fairly traditional but I see no harm in an alternate and the black uniform looks way better than the current smokey grey.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
Are you really trying to correlate winning to always wearing traditional uniforms? I'm fairly traditional but I see no harm in an alternate and the black uniform looks way better than the current smokey grey.
Says the one whose original reply was this, which correlates winning to wearing an alternate.Snag_b9e635.png

I honestly would like a win vs Florida with us wearing orange. Doesn't really matter as long as we win but would like a classic look for that one.
They could wear pink as far as I care as long as they win. I’d personally like to see Smokey Gray become a tradition also. It was the best uniform in college football for years, and it’s something that’s significant for Tennessee. Dark mode can be an alternate gimmick, but I think Smokey Gray should be an official color. Because baseball wears them too and I think the basketball team has as well

Reactions: Vfl2407
They could wear pink as far as I care as long as they win. I’d personally like to see Smokey Gray become a tradition also. It was the best uniform in college football for years, and it’s something that’s significant for Tennessee. Dark mode can be an alternate gimmick, but I think Smokey Gray should be an official color. Because baseball wears them too and I think the basketball team has as well
Can't say I agree. I'm fine with wearing something different like one game a year and never doing it against Bama and maybe 25% of the time or less vs UF

Can't say I agree. I'm fine with wearing something different like one game a year and never doing it against Bama and maybe 25% of the time or less vs UF
I like keeping standard colors against Bama too. Although I would like to see Chad Fields’s version of the Conridge throwbacks against them one time

Attachments

• AF948B3F-6CD4-49B8-B653-E7BA9A6598AD.jpeg
    AF948B3F-6CD4-49B8-B653-E7BA9A6598AD.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 7

VN Store

Back