Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I actually am a bigger fan of the one Cordarelle is wearing, but I agree with the above posters who said:
1. Who cares just win
2. Big numbers were better

I like the REAL orange that number 2 is wearing above. Don't care for the yellowish tint that much.

In the grand scheme of things, who cares as long as we take care of our opponents!!
Nike home orange is MONEY. Crisp, clean and bold. For me, yellow get's too pumpkinish? I do agree that it doesn't really matter if we go orange from helmet to toe, as long as we win!

636723743562952645-nasdc5-5diaam27oyebz4fw7cn-original.jpg

This color orange

Every now and then, I'd like to see the Vols try some variety the way the Oregon Ducks do. Let players and game fans reactions dictate if they're likable or not. At the least, it would be fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: oz615 and peaygolf
Would love to see a throwback to the 1940 khaki uniforms that Cafego wore. We had orange helmets with a white cross and khaki pants with orange jerseys.

Yea it’s the off season...
I really want our VOLS to win! Curb stomp and Neyland becomes of old, where teams come to in the fall to get their a$$ whipped!
If memory serves me, I remember stripes as a Coach Majors look, Phil’s coup removed stripes. With mixed looks in thru the years.
Every vol fan in the world wears big orange shirts with khaki shorts or pants. Why not khaki pants? Or some combo
I believe VOLS wore a similar colors years ago, so to continue a tradition?
GBO
repost from the wrong thread, my bad

@DeerPark12 I was wondering when would the orders for next Fall‘s uniforms go out? And if you are aware of any changes that have been made or will be made? TIA

I would still like to see a throwback type uniform each season for Homecoming. You know, something for the returning alumni, as well as the rest of us who just enjoy Tennessee football.
Throwbacks are the way to go. Honoring the past would fit the new culture Pruitt is building better than a random novelty alt. And, it would scratch the itch those of us that like a change of pace crave. It's funny that the 90's uni is somehow the "traditional" one now. You'd think we're Virginia Tech and didn't have anything to hang our hat on before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
@DeerPark12 I was wondering when would the orders for next Fall‘s uniforms go out? And if you are aware of any changes that have been made or will be made? TIA

Everything for all sports is ordered by November, so the hay has been in the barn for some time on that. I expect striped pants for the home uniforms. No alternate that I know of. There is some talk about some high-profile Nike teams doing a throwback for rivalry weekend, but that's not a home game for us, so I don't believe we are included in that.

Reactions: VolinMC and shoney
Everything for all sports is ordered by November, so the hay has been in the barn for some time on that. I expect striped pants for the home uniforms. No alternate that I know of. There is some talk about some high-profile Nike teams doing a throwback for rivalry weekend, but that's not a home game for us, so I don't believe we are included in that.

Thanks for the response. Good to hear stripes coming back to home pants. Any reason they wouldn’t be on both ? Again, always appreciate the info.

National signing day is over and the off-season is now in full swing. Perfect time for a uniform thread. Of the two recent shades of orange that we have worn over the last decade, which is better?

View attachment 260018
The lighter one that Patterson is wearing. People may not like it but Tennessee orange is almost yellow. Picked because of the American daisy. Which looks almost yellow to me.
CED840A1-0BC2-4D02-B88A-A04FAF528F34.gif

VN Store

Back