Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

If we're talking alternates, maybe this in place of the T:

202-2026656_orange-tri-star-3-inch-all-weather-sticker-tennessee-state-flag-stars.png

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
I'm all for the black, but they need to do it right and use black helmets too if they are going to do it
I think it would be cool to do for Halloween home games, but the helmet definitely should be either black or orange. I would begrudgingly accept white helmets, black jerseys, and black pants, but the combination that we wore against South Carolina in 09 was an abomination.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I am generally a uniform traditionalist, but I loved that black jersey in '09. Fans can debate all day long about orange pants, stripes or no stripes on the pants, orange, gray or black helmets; those black jerseys were awesome. Rarely do the home team's jersey fire up a crowd for an entire game, but that was the case in '09 against USC East. And really, until 1921, black was the primary jersey color. That's my two pennies worth.

Last edited:
@DeerPark12 Any idea when we should expect to see new sideline gear for this upcoming season? Thanks for any info you have regarding that or any info you may have regarding Nieds tweet or what Pruitt said on Foxsports radio about uniforms .

All of the Nike production factories in China were shut down for more than a month due to COVID19, so what is usually starting to appear right now will probably be mid-July or so.

No alternates were ordered when the uniform order was done in November. Even though uniforms are produced domestically, the materials are produced overseas. It would be very difficult for something to be designed/ordered now and be on the field this fall. Very difficult. I think any potential alternate would have to be for 2021.

They do have a full set of smokey grey uniforms from two years ago and more than enough blanks that could be lettered if they wanted to wear them. I don't expect that to happen, but it is technically possible. Fulmer put an end to Smokey Grey uniforms in all sports other than baseball and softball, so I don't expect there to be a reversal there.

As for black, the Nike contract and style guide prevent black from being used as a primary or accent color on uniforms. I'm sure there's language in there to make a change in that, but it hasn't changed yet.

I am generally a uniform traditionalist, but I loved that black jersey in '09. Fans can debate all long day long about orange pants, stripes or no stripes on the pants, orange, gray or black helmets; those black jerseys were awesome. Rarely do the home team's jersey fire up a crowd for an entire game, but that was the case in '09 against USC East. And really, until 1921, black was the primary jersey color. That's my two pennies worth.
27D017F4-024B-40C8-B998-3BD078E4E2B0.pngF6812661-4C97-4868-AE52-FC90395E3D6A.png

All of the Nike production factories in China were shut down for more than a month due to COVID19, so what is usually starting to appear right now will probably be mid-July or so.

No alternates were ordered when the uniform order was done in November. Even though uniforms are produced domestically, the materials are produced overseas. It would be very difficult for something to be designed/ordered now and be on the field this fall. Very difficult. I think any potential alternate would have to be for 2021.

They do have a full set of smokey grey uniforms from two years ago and more than enough blanks that could be lettered if they wanted to wear them. I don't expect that to happen, but it is technically possible. Fulmer put an end to Smokey Grey uniforms in all sports other than baseball and softball, so I don't expect there to be a reversal there.

As for black, the Nike contract and style guide prevent black from being used as a primary or accent color on uniforms. I'm sure there's language in there to make a change in that, but it hasn't changed yet.
Thanks man. That was an even better response than what I was expecting .

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

The left one is very Oklahoma State to me. I could see Oregon State but the overall look feels more Oklahoma State, particularly the colors selected. Always get the impression they've got more focus on black than on white for the color, and this jersey definitely does that. Maybe the shade too. Anyway, the right one looks ... like something I would never want to see.

And please no Times New Roman on a jersey. Please.

Reactions: tbwhhs
The left one is very Oklahoma State to me. I could see Oregon State but the overall look feels more Oklahoma State, particularly the colors selected. Always get the impression they've got more focus on black than on white for the color, and this jersey definitely does that. Maybe the shade too. Anyway, the right one looks ... like something I would never want to see.

And please no Times New Roman on a jersey. Please.
The Orange jersey with black #'s is a throwback to 1963......
I don't really like either one either. IO was just thinking "Hallowen":)

The Orange jersey with black #'s is a throwback to 1963......
I don't really like either one either. IO was just thinking "Hallowen":)
Why would you want to throwback to 1963 uniforms? Very average team. I want to see a 1940 uniform to honor Coach Cafego. Orange jersey with Khaki pants with orange helmet with a white cross.

Reactions: Model12
Why would you want to throwback to 1963 uniforms? Very average team. I want to see a 1940 uniform to honor Coach Cafego. Orange jersey with Khaki pants with orange helmet with a white cross.
I’m not advocating for either of those uni’s. I just posted them because of the Halloween discussion.
I like your idea

Oh just pull a Bama and stay traditional. But man just one game in checkerboard britches just to see what they look like.

VN Store

Back