Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Uniforms are the
giphy.gif

to VICTORY!

I like the throw back ones.

Some of the alt helmets were neat but I’d rather not.

But I agree that alt unis should be used few and far between.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I suppose i fall on the side of the folks out there 5 days a week busting their ass to entertain the fan, instead of the whiny fans who proclaim " I paid my money, now dance for me you student athletes"..

These guys and gals, when playing by the rules have neither the time to have a part time job to help them along and have to worry about stupid NCAA rules should they actually get a job. Which means most don't have shitton of money to hangout with friends, go on a date or even buy new underwear. All because so many people get hung up on " i demand you not get paid" . Of course they don't mind pointing out how well paid these kids are already with their scholarships, room and board, all the good food they can eat but demand that NO CASH be given to these folks...ridiculous.

If you want true amateurs, then go watch DivIII games. We are already watching paid players at this level. Why not pay them in a way that will help them on a day-to-day basis?

I do watch the "true amateurs" when I get a chance. (my town sponsored the NAIA football championship for a few years sometime back, loved it"
As to these youngsters with no money or time (dispute no time, NCAA has almost cut out practice), they are the ones I say need to be in a pro minor league. If they want an education that is paid for by sports scholarships, then they need to be subject to the same financial limits and problems a true academic scholarship student of limited means endures. These kids are out there, the difference is they just don't feel the need to be a "social big shot" or what ever "sports stars" feel they need to be.

I do watch the "true amateurs" when I get a chance. (my town sponsored the NAIA football championship for a few years sometime back, loved it"
As to these youngsters with no money or time (dispute no time, NCAA has almost cut out practice), they are the ones I say need to be in a pro minor league. If they want an education that is paid for by sports scholarships, then they need to be subject to the same financial limits and problems a true academic scholarship student of limited means endures. These kids are out there, the difference is they just don't feel the need to be a "social big shot" or what ever "sports stars" feel they need to be.
Those academic scholarship students can get a job anywhere in, at or around their university. Athletes cannot do that as this is considered booster involvement.

Again, why is ot okay to provide these athletes with better eveything..tutoring, food, dorms ehatever you can think of but not ok to pay them in actual money? Money that theu deserve. Do the athletic departments of the Div III schools make as luch as any SEC AD? Of course not and we both know why...its because the athletes arent drawing large crowds.

Those academic scholarship students can get a job anywhere in, at or around their university. Athletes cannot do that as this is considered booster involvement.

Again, why is ot okay to provide these athletes with better eveything..tutoring, food, dorms ehatever you can think of but not ok to pay them in actual money? Money that theu deserve. Do the athletic departments of the Div III schools make as luch as any SEC AD? Of course not and we both know why...its because the athletes arent drawing large crowds.

Sorry, you have your valid points to support your view on this subject, just as I have mine. To argue over this dilemma that faces the college sports world in a new and challenging way will get us nowhere. I see your point of view and if I'm around when the dust settles, if you and those who see things as you do turn out to be right then I will be one of the first to say "I'm glad this worked out for the good of the players and the sport. I look at the Olympics; the "pro involvement" has ruined these games as far as I am concerned and by looking at the viewership, I think the world viewers of the games agree.

Would love to see a throwback to the 1940 khaki uniforms that Cafego wore. We had orange helmets with a white cross and khaki pants with orange jerseys.

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
NOT fair to post this for us old guys during a workday...

ONLY reason to watch "The Fall Guy"

NOT being fair might put you old guys in a better mood so you are nicer to your employees. Tell them I said, "Your Welcome."

VN Store

Back