Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I thought it looked bad too. Of course, I also never understood what was so hard about seeing orange numbers and letters on a white jersey.

I don't understand how it looks "bad" or "hideous". Don't get get wrong, I don't care, I can understand one thinking it looks better one way or the other, just not hideous. Lol.

Funny thing with me is I don't even notice that kind of stuff until someone brings it up. 1, 2 or 3 stripes down the pants? Didn't even notice there were any at all.

Sorry. It will be professional sports as things are going with no "amateur" participates . If college sports is to remain a "college/amateur" game, then out and out paying players can't happen. I still say, if you want "pro" sports, then follow a "pro" team. When you start "paying" a guy/gal who messes up, will the powers that be come around and say, "sorry, we don't need you any more" or will the program just have to keep the person on and suffer losses while they waste time and money trying to teach them how to make the program money. If as it stands now where a person can move on to another program, will a student/paid employee still be able to do this? Or will each "employee" have their own contract and lawyer and agent and public relations staff and on and on to handle these things? Sorry if this sounds overboard, but this or something like this will happen when you start paying or allow money making by a player.

I suppose i fall on the side of the folks out there 5 days a week busting their ass to entertain the fan, instead of the whiny fans who proclaim " I paid my money, now dance for me you student athletes"..

These guys and gals, when playing by the rules have neither the time to have a part time job to help them along and have to worry about stupid NCAA rules should they actually get a job. Which means most don't have shitton of money to hangout with friends, go on a date or even buy new underwear. All because so many people get hung up on " i demand you not get paid" . Of course they don't mind pointing out how well paid these kids are already with their scholarships, room and board, all the good food they can eat but demand that NO CASH be given to these folks...ridiculous.

If you want true amateurs, then go watch DivIII games. We are already watching paid players at this level. Why not pay them in a way that will help them on a day-to-day basis?

Locklear was the one I remembered most. Im not sure I even remember Heather Thomas.
She was on the show Fall Guy with Lee Majors. Heather Locklear was on T.J. Hooker with William Shatner.

I really tried to like at least one but I wasn’t able to.
Thought I would like the interlocking UT, but after seeing it I didn’t care for it.

Reactions: Offset Eye
Well I love most. They are all representative of our glorious past. It’s time we used some of the older unis. For those who say the black unis aren’t UT.. well they were actually some of our first ones! So I’m all for some mixing up. But let me say I am a traditional type

Wait, I didn’t realize that there were 13 pages. I think the problem with some of the retro designs is that they don’t look right on a modern helmet style.

Alternate Uniform Concepts for Tennessee Football

Disclaimer: I am a fan of the traditional Orange/White and the all white Stormtrooper uniforms and think we should wear them for the majority of our games. However, I will admit, I do like going with the alt uniforms sometimes. I don’t mind the Smokey grey and my personal favorite (for many years) has been the all orange. I was very excited last week that we wore them again for the first time in years. Add to that we got a much needed win in them made it all the sweeter.

The above article has several interesting concepts that the board might enjoy. Curious to hear which ones you all like or hate.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Not a fan of changing the helmet logo or going to an orange helmet. Otherwise, I liked most of the uniform ideas and would be fine for sparing use of them.

Reactions: BeecherVol
I really like the throwback uniform, the second all black uniform isn’t bad either.

Wouldn’t mind an orange helmet to go with the away jerseys either.

VN Store

Back