Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I wasn't aware Pat created a legacy for the football team. No disrespect intended towards Pat. She was a great basketball coach. Honor her with basketball unis.
And I should be clear in stating no disrespect towards Vitello. But I really don't have a problem wearing Summit blue accessories against uconn. Her legacy extends through the whole university. And while football was well established before her legacy, I do think that the football team does indirectly benefit from it.

Sounds like a cop out for wearing an awful uniform to me. Pat was a great coach but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to football uniforms. We gonna start wearing pinstripes to honor Vitello if he wins a national championship too?
This is a bad take my dude. What Pat Summit did for women's basketball and college athletics in general is legendary. The fact she represented Tennessee while doing it is amazing. You couldnt ask for a more iconic representative of your school. It is alzheimers awarenes month, Pat fought this disease while coaching on the sidelines. I am more than proud that our University honors her in every sport in the month of November. The fact you put her and Tony V in the same sentence shows how disconnected with reality you are.

This is a bad take my dude. What Pat Summit did for women's basketball and college athletics in general is legendary. The fact she represented Tennessee while doing it is amazing. You couldnt ask for a more iconic representative of your school. It is alzheimers awarenes month, Pat fought this disease while coaching on the sidelines. I am more than proud that our University honors her in every sport in the month of November. The fact you put her and Tony V in the same sentence shows how disconnected with reality you are.
Agree, and baseball has had pinstripes before.

Using the your quoted poster’s logic, then nobody except the mens basketball team should have blue accents or more blue….and since Mears was a great coach Pat and Lady Vols were irrelevant then she should not have used the blue in their uniforms either? The lunacy!

FWIW, I think the concepts of blue with orange stripes is stunning, or orange pants blue jersey etc visually very unique.

Or maybe you completely missed the point of the comparison. It was based on theoretical future situation. I'm all for honoring her. I'm not all for wearing an ugly blue football uniform

Reactions: BDP!
Nobody cares about your awful opinion.
I don't care about your awful opinion of my opinion
You two need to get a room...

giphy.gif

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and Vol865
Or maybe you completely missed the point of the comparison. It was based on theoretical future situation. I'm all for honoring her. I'm not all for wearing an ugly blue football uniform
If Tony V wins 8 national championships at UT and dies of some disease (praying that the dying part never happens) then yes, i would fully expect UT to honor him in some sort of way.

If Tony V wins 8 national championships at UT and dies of some disease (praying that the dying part never happens) then yes, i would fully expect UT to honor him in some sort of way.
With a baseball uniform, sure.

With a baseball uniform, sure.
Why does it have to be sport specific? For a normal coach, sure but Pat meant more this school and this state than your average coach. In fact, she is arguably the most famous coach to be associated with the school and her talent for coaching and moral character transcended her sport. I see no issue with honoring her across different programs and to be quite honest, I'm not sure why any Tennessee fan would either...

Why does it have to be sport specific? For a normal coach, sure but Pat meant more this school and this state than your average coach. In fact, she is arguably the most famous coach to be associated with the school and her talent for coaching and moral character transcended her sport. I see no issue with honoring her across different programs and to be quite honest, I'm not sure why any Tennessee fan would either...
Because the uniform is hideous for one. Tennessee Football is the flagship for Tennessee Athletics. It doesn't need a uniform for every occasion. The black uniforms are awesome. The grey ones we wore this year were ugly as hell. Light blue and orange uniforms would be ridiculous.

Because the uniform is hideous for one. Tennessee Football is the flagship for Tennessee Athletics. It doesn't need a uniform for every occasion. The black uniforms are awesome. The grey ones we wore this year were ugly as hell. Light blue and orange uniforms would be ridiculous.
So you aren't opposed to football wearing a uniform for her as long as it isn't hideous?

So you aren't opposed to football wearing a uniform for her as long as it isn't hideous?
I'm ok with alternates that look good. Period. I don't believe in coming up with a new gimmicky uniform every week to "honor" someone, especiallyone that bad. The traditional uniforms pay homage to everyone who came before them.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back