Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I would just trace the numbers with blue or make the Nike logo or patches or trim pieces blue… and the shoes maybe… I think they will do it right.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Hey @DeerPark12 . Do you know the story of why we decided to start wearing black cleats ?
I'm not Deer Park but I believe it is to match the black gloves. They wear black gloves in road games so holding calls won't be as noticeable by seeing white gloves or orange gloves against a dark color jersey. Notice they wear white gloves at home so they can blend in with the visiting team's white jersey more easily. It is an old trick players & coaches will use. Notice a lot of players wore white gloves with the dark mode set against Carolina. We all know the best way to prevent a holding call is to wear a crimson uniform though.

I'm not Deer Park but I believe it is to match the black gloves. They wear black gloves in road games so holding calls won't be as noticeable by seeing white gloves or orange gloves against a dark color jersey. Notice they wear white gloves at home so they can blend in with the visiting team's white jersey more easily. It is an old trick players & coaches will use. Notice a lot of players wore white gloves with the dark mode set against Carolina. We all know the best way to prevent a holding call is to wear a crimson uniform though.
The gloves thing definitely makes sense. I know Belichick has done that for a while . It makes sense.

When will the UTAD announce the UCONN game uniforms?
my hope is for the Summitt Columbia jersey.
orange pants
orange helmet (to get the 2022 SCarolina stink off of them…lol).

I'm honestly thinking maybe something like a blue outline on the t on the helmet and like a blue collar would look clean as hell

This would be amazing, but I don’t see them being able to do a totally different jersey. Now, the Orange helmet with blue accents plus regular home unis with blue accessories seems possible. I hope that happens!
That looks terrible. Didn't know the Lady Vols played football.

Reactions: sami
Considering the Vols are honoring the legendary Lady Vols coach Pat Summit this weekend against her old rival UConn, it seems perfectly appropriate.
Sounds like a cop out for wearing an awful uniform to me. Pat was a great coach but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to football uniforms. We gonna start wearing pinstripes to honor Vitello if he wins a national championship too?

Reactions: BDP! and sami
Sounds like a cop out for wearing an awful uniform to me. Pat was a great coach but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to football uniforms. We gonna start wearing pinstripes to honor Vitello if he wins a national championship too?
Love Tony V. He’s got a long way to go to be on the same planet as Pat.

That said I’m fine with it being just the blue accessories. Would honestly make more sense for the men’s basketball team to do an entire uniform with the blue (the women’s team already has a blue uni, correct?).

F9uPXV_WUAA5DDr

I would like that but take the checkers off the sleeves and put the orange helmet on.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Has already been announced the Pat Summit blue that will be part of the uniform is just accents like sweatbands and sleeves. Will not be on the jerseys themselves.
If it were an actual Alt uni, you'd bet they would have announced it on Monday and had them in The VolShop, Alumni Hall, and Dicks first thing Monday morning.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I wasn't aware that Vitello was the one who created pinstripes and fostered a legendary legacy for UT surrounding the pinstripes

I wasn't aware that Vitello was the one who created pinstripes and fostered a legendary legacy for UT surrounding the pinstripes
I wasn't aware Pat created a legacy for the football team. No disrespect intended towards Pat. She was a great basketball coach. Honor her with basketball unis.

Reactions: BDP!

VN Store

Back