Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Disagree that “150” on the uniform was placed in a terrible spot.... it is very noticeable.... I honestly don’t like the placement but whatevs

I was asked about changes to the uniform. I don’t consider a mandatory patch that every team in the country has to wear on the left or right chest to be a design change.

To the posters that asked about the number size, they’re exactly the same as they’ve been since Nike took over in 2015.

They have orange pants in house this year, so they have the option to wear them. Will they? I’d side with probably not, but at least they’re an option this year.

I was asked about changes to the uniform. I don’t consider a mandatory patch that every team in the country has to wear on the left or right chest to be a design change.

To the posters that asked about the number size, they’re exactly the same as they’ve been since Nike took over in 2015.

They have orange pants in house this year, so they have the option to wear them. Will they? I’d side with probably not, but at least they’re an option this year.

I had read somewhere that the 150 patch was supposed to go above the conference logo. What happened to that?

I had read somewhere that the 150 patch was supposed to go above the conference logo. What happened to that?

I'd say it has to do with the round SEC logo and the oval-ish 150 patch. That would be way too crowded on that side. Prolly done for balance to put it above the swoosh. Patch is too big, IMO.

I'd say it has to do with the round SEC logo and the oval-ish 150 patch. That would be way too crowded on that side. Prolly done for balance to put it above the swoosh. Patch is too big, IMO.

It was my understanding that it wasn’t supposed to be an oval patch but just the 150 and football just so it wouldn’t take so much space up. And it was supposed to go above the SEC logo.

86842AC8-4D5E-4E3E-8320-91BDB543E911.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol

Sure would be nice if those pants and the white pants actually have 2 stripes down the side.

So I take that to mean they didn't even have any orange pants at all last year?

So I take that to mean they didn't even have any orange pants at all last year?

Correct. They still had the set of orange pants with the checkerboard stripe in stock, but did not have a plain set. Nike could produce 150 pairs of plain white pants with the T in the four months UT gave them. The custom orange needed a much longer lead time.

Reactions: oz615
There’s about 5 shades of orange with the old Adidas unis in that photo.

Our orange is very reactive to light in photos, based on the material. Laid out on a table in the equipment room, every piece of that Patterson uniform and helmet had matching oranges. Put under stadium lights and photographed, it's a hodgepodge. The numbers were a twill that was a little reflective under the lights. The helmet decal was shiny. The pant strips were a matte finish. Nike is a little closer because they use a matte fabric for the trim and the numbers, but the helmet decals will always look a little off under the lights.

It's the biggest reason we don't have an orange alt helmet. A dozen samples have come through that all end up clashing under one light or another.

VN Store

Back