Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Backed by other progressive groups on campus, such as the Progressive Student Alliance and the Students for Justice in Palestine, the Sweat Free Tennessee Coalition draws its inspiration from adidas' refusal to pay their severance package payments to over 2,800 overseas workers.

With this premise, who do they suggest we get to sponsor us?

Under Armour perhaps? Alta Gracia can't be considered a legitimate alternative. I think Nike has a plenty of sweatshop-type environments all across the world

and replace them with...

bunch of dumb students who want a cause

That was kind of another thing I got out of it, bc I'm sure Nike and other brands are not perfect with paying other countries their money. I just ignored the part about Alta Gracia.

Kids are morons... No chance in hell any bigtime program trades in Adidas for Alta Gracia or whatever it is.. Money is king and no1 wants to buy that crap or play in it..

If they get rid of Adidas they would just replace it with Nike, which is accused of the same things they want to "cut ties" with adidas for.. Some kids at my school make me smh.

Reactions: 1 person
No matter who you get, it's my opinion that all major manufacturers have sweatshops somewhere. Some are just more talked about than others.

I thought the black jerseys were incredible. It was really intimidating i thought, and a really cool sight.
I really hope jones brings em back for a game or 2.

I don't care if the team wears Adidas, Nike, UA or any other brand.
I just want to see more W's than L's.

These 7 probably didn't know what sweat shops were until the world studies professor talked about it in her lecture last week.

UA is a joke and ripoff for what they are.

i don't have an issue with adidas as long as alumni hall keeps discounting their stock after every football season!

seriously, tho, i've got a pair of adidas gym shorts that i bought in 2001 that still look brand new, and i wear them often.

i've also seen how nike has transformed over the past decade with respect to material they use. a t-shirt that used to last five years is now lucky to survive one season.

We could always go back to Sports Belle.

for years (and possibly still?) Sports Belle was still making the game day jerseys just putting a swoosh and then three stripes on them. The plant burned down 5 years ago and I'm not sure if they ever reopened.

Another thing is that these seven kids aren't even original. Wisconsin has been fighting this issue for almost two years.

Last edited:
Indeed. Their 9-spike cleat design was incredible back when everyone else was using 6. Plus their gloves, especially catcher's mitts, are second to none IMO.

I bought a real cheap fielder's glove about 10 years ago that's still like brand new. I always buy Easton catcher's mitts, but the Mizuno one I used a bit in Japan was super nice.

Plus in Japan Mizuno's gloves come in a ridiculous array of colors.

VN Store

Back