Under Consideration: ncaa announces one-time immediate eligibility transfer exception

Didn't bother to read the article............

Simple: you enroll in a school for a particular coach, coach leaves, you get to leave no issue.....one time. No delay, no veto's, just allowed to enroll at any school the kid wishes and is accepted.

Fair? Unfair? Since scholarships are supposed to be year to year agreements, and part of that agreement is a coaching staff( in the mid of a player), if the university can decide to not allocate that same scholarship to you the following, year, which they can, why not be able to leave after the annual scholarship is up as a student athlete?

Yes, the 18-22 year old college athletes that
Play Football are still mentally kids. Disagree if you want, but comparing the brave Men that fought in a World War in the 40's, that went in as kids and died or came back as heros, to college football players playing a game.... in 2020, is IMO a level.of stupid I don't even understand.

I AGREE you do not understand! I guess your saying, 21 year old's should be tried as minors when they commit crimes? Are you saying the 20 year old MEN and WOMEN that have served in combat in Iraq are children, at least mentally children? Or, are you saying, if you play football, and are 22 you are still mentally a child? Again, I agree with your statement, "I don't even understand". Would you allow an 18 year old child to vote? How about 21 year old children to vote? How old does one need to be before they are grown men, at the age or 18.19.20,21.22? Would you allow 21 year old men to purchase whiskey? I guess If you play football, in your opinion, your brain just hasn't developed as quickly as the rest of society! Are there any sports that make players minds develop faster than average? I do agree your level of stupid is not compatible with our criminal or civil laws-those you do not understand.

Last edited:
If its a one-time immediately eligible transfer u could literally leave at any point without consequence and the current school couldnt do squat about it

You are way behind. The transfer model changed a couple years ago away from a "request to transfer" model to a "notification of transfer" model. Thus, the "portal". Coaches can no longer control if a kid wants to leave.

That's not what the news story said:

"Should this rule pass, there still will be some restrictions on transfers seeking to gain their eligibility immediately at a new school. Athletes will have to have gained a release from their previous school, have to be in good academic standing, maintain academic progress at their new school and have no pending disciplinary actions or suspensions before gaining eligibility at a new school. "

That's not what the news story said:

"Should this rule pass, there still will be some restrictions on transfers seeking to gain their eligibility immediately at a new school. Athletes will have to have gained a release from their previous school, have to be in good academic standing, maintain academic progress at their new school and have no pending disciplinary actions or suspensions before gaining eligibility at a new school. "
Yeah, not really sure what they are getting at. Completely scrapping the current system and returning to the old one? Hope not. Or maybe it was just a poor description of something less strict, idk. These releases by PR have done that before, used inaccurate language. I'd wait to see the official proposal in the system to see how the language reads.

I AGREE you do not understand! I guess your saying, 21 year old's should be tried as minors when they commit crimes? Are you saying the 20 year old MEN and WOMEN that have served in combat in Iraq are children, at least mentally children? Or, are you saying, if you play football, and are 22 you are still mentally a child? Again, I agree with your statement, "I don't even understand". Would you allow an 18 year old child to vote? How about 21 year old children to vote? How old does one need to be before they are grown men, at the age or 18.19.20,21.22? Would you allow 21 year old men to purchase whiskey? I guess If you play football, in your opinion, your brain just hasn't developed as quickly as the rest of society! Are there any sports that make players minds develop faster than average? I do agree your level of stupid is not compatible with our criminal or civil laws-those you do not understand.

Tl;Dr.

The AA has had chances in the past to fix many things that they have chosen to ignore. Its now come to a point where they can't keep it from happening and they are going to get steamrolled on just about every aspect. Right now they are scrambling to put together ideas that they don't really want to and wouldn't normally do because they have bowed their neck in the past.

VN Store

Back