ULTRA MAGA!

I think the coolest part of this is that we have a President who is at once so powerful and so inept that he purposefully caused fuel prices to skyrocket across the entire planet. I mean, that's almost godlike. And timing it to coincide with the spinning back up after a major world history event? That's just devious. Evil genius stuff.

The oil companies raking in record profits and taking part in massive stock buybacks would love to lower prices for everyone, but Biden single handedly won't let them.

Wow!

Biden was late to the game in tapping the strategic reserve, has taken hostile tactics to permits/leases which impacts futures prices, and has a hostile relationship with the Saudis.

You combine those factors with Ukraine and inflationary pressures from printing money (which Biden has continued from 2020) and you get where we are today.

I think the coolest part of this is that we have a President who is at once so powerful and so inept that he purposefully caused fuel prices to skyrocket across the entire planet. I mean, that's almost godlike. And timing it to coincide with the spinning back up after a major world history event? That's just devious. Evil genius stuff.

The oil companies raking in record profits and taking part in massive stock buybacks would love to lower prices for everyone, but Biden single handedly won't let them.

Wow!

I read an article yesterday that said a lot of the problem was refining capacity. It sounded pretty much like nuclear power woes. Refineries are getting old, none have been added in decades (according to the article), several refineries have been shut down. This (the processing) was the first thing I've seen that made much sense in the diesel/gas price disparity, so I tend to believe it.

Where it sounds like nuclear power is that investors are going to be loath to put money into plants that government (in this case) is trying to end and even more so when those plants won't even be returning an investment for a few years. Additionally it sounds like some refineries like nuclear plants are probably operating beyond their normal expected lifetime. Government shares a big part of the blame, and stock markets are so perverted that they don't fund what's necessary because those things don't meet short term profitability goals of investors.

The US Can't Make Enough Fuel and There's No Fix in Sight

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f4623e-cb83-11ec-b7ee-74f09d827ca6_story.html

Oil Refining Should Be America’s Strength | National Review

They went out in mass and voted for a racist old white man who is more racist than Trump could ever be.

Second. Devotion to an ideology or set of beliefs is also a characteristic of a cult. Being devoted to the democrat party is devotion to an ideology.

Are you really trying to deny that there is no fanatical support for Biden? Go on Facebook and spend some time on Occupy Democrats and onTwitter and you will see he and the democrat party have their hardcore followers. Maybe spend some time reading the Washington Post comments as well.

Last but not least. Are zealots just as bad as cult followers?
For a group to be considered a cult, there must be veneration for a charismatic leader. The cult can be devoted to an ideology, but only if the leader dictates it. The leader must come first. He originates the group and he sets the rules. The cult revolves around the leader; not the leader's ideology, which will often change in order to suit the leader's needs.

In no way does this ^^^^ describe the Democratic Party.

Reactions: tvolsfan
For a group to be considered a cult, there must be veneration for a charismatic leader. The cult can be devoted to an ideology, but only if the leader dictates it. The leader must come first. He originates the group and he sets the rules. The cult revolves around the leader; not the leader's ideology, which will often change in order to suit the leader's needs.

In no way does this ^^^^ describe the Democratic Party.
Are you really wanting to revisit this conversation and embarrass yourself once again?

Your political party demands loyalty from its followers. Plus, people who are in the cult known as the democrat party strongly deny they are in a cult. That's another sign that they are in a cult. As Rose McGowan said the democrat party is a deep cult.

Biden was late to the game in tapping the strategic reserve, has taken hostile tactics to permits/leases which impacts futures prices, and has a hostile relationship with the Saudis.

You combine those factors with Ukraine and inflationary pressures from printing money (which Biden has continued from 2020) and you get where we are today.
Opinion | Biden’s War on Oil Hits Consumers

SEC Climate Rule Opens A New Front In Biden’s War On Oil And Gas

Biden Opens New Fronts In His War On U.S. Oil And Gas

Are you really wanting to revisit this conversation and embarrass yourself once again?

Your political party demands loyalty from its followers. Plus, people who are in the cult known as the democrat party strongly deny they are in a cult. That's another sign that they are in a cult. As Rose McGowan said the democrat party is a deep cult.
LOL. That is some twisted logic you're applying there. So if the Boy Scouts of America strongly deny that they're a cult... that really could just be a sign that they are a cult?

I have posted multiple links which you are either ignoring, or failing to comprehend, which make it clear that the common denominator among cults is the veneration for a charismatic leader who the rest of the members revolve around.

This charismatic leader is responsible for the origin of the cult, and he establishes the criteria for membership. He also makes the rules which every member must follow to remain in good standing. However, these rules don't always apply to him.

Acquiring the credentials for cult membership, and then complying with the rules necessary for retaining this membership, will often involve devotion to an ideology espoused by the cult leader. However, this ideology will only serve the purpose of advancing the leader's personal agenda, and will change as the leader's objectives change.

Therefore, it's not the cult leader's ideology which cult members follow. They follow the cult leader.

Reactions: TN Ribs
I read an article yesterday that said a lot of the problem was refining capacity. It sounded pretty much like nuclear power woes. Refineries are getting old, none have been added in decades (according to the article), several refineries have been shut down. This (the processing) was the first thing I've seen that made much sense in the diesel/gas price disparity, so I tend to believe it.

Where it sounds like nuclear power is that investors are going to be loath to put money into plants that government (in this case) is trying to end and even more so when those plants won't even be returning an investment for a few years. Additionally it sounds like some refineries like nuclear plants are probably operating beyond their normal expected lifetime. Government shares a big part of the blame, and stock markets are so perverted that they don't fund what's necessary because those things don't meet short term profitability goals of investors.

The US Can't Make Enough Fuel and There's No Fix in Sight

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f4623e-cb83-11ec-b7ee-74f09d827ca6_story.html

Oil Refining Should Be America’s Strength | National Review

A lot of this refinery capacity issues is due to the Feds putting insane amounts of rules and regulations and blocking projects.

For example, here in Memphis, the Biden Administration killed the Byhalia pipeline and other huge investments which would have eased a lot of the refinery issues here in the U.S. They've done this in TX and Louisiana as well in the past 16 months.

LOL. That is some twisted logic you're applying there. So if the Boy Scouts of America strongly deny that they're a cult... that really could just be a sign that they are a cult?

I have posted multiple links which you are either ignoring, or failing to comprehend, which make it clear that the common denominator among cults is the veneration for a charismatic leader who the rest of the members revolve around.

This charismatic leader is responsible for the origin of the cult, and he establishes the criteria for membership. He also makes the rules which every member must follow to remain in good standing. However, these rules don't always apply to him.

Acquiring the credentials for cult membership, and then complying with the rules necessary for retaining this membership, will often involve devotion to an ideology espoused by the cult leader. However, this ideology will only serve the purpose of advancing the leader's personal agenda, and will change as the leader's objectives change.

Therefore, it's not the cult leader's ideology which cult members follow. They follow the cult leader.
We've gone over this before. You are about to embarrass yourself once again. A cult is also devoted to an ideology. A cult can have leadership. In this case one can make the argument that the DNC as an organization sets the ideology for its politicians to follow. Therfore the politicians with the help of their friends in the media help push the messaging to its followers.

However your current leader is Jim Crow Joe Biden. You guys voted for him because that is who is representing your cult and your religious representatives in the media and you democrat politicians told you to vote for him. Right now Joe Biden along with the DNC is setting the ideology for your political party.

Reactions: AM64
We've gone over this before. You are about to embarrass yourself once again. A cult is also devoted to an ideology. A cult can have leadership. In this case one can make the argument that the DNC as an organization sets the ideology for its politicians to follow. Therfore the politicians with the help of their friends in the media help push the messaging to its followers.

However your current leader is Jim Crow Joe Biden. You guys voted for him because that is who is representing your cult and your religious representatives in the media and you democrat politicians told you to vote for him. Right now Joe Biden along with the DNC is setting the ideology for your political party.
Projection

You can have a cult of personality (the right with DJT) and a cult of ideology (both sides).

4 traits of a cult

The group is focused on a leader or ideology to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.

The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

The group is preoccupied with making money.

Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

LOL.

We have been over this before. I've posted links to multiple sources which confirm my assertion that membership in a cult can require devotion to an ideology, if the cult leader establishes ideological faith as criteria for inclusion in the group.

However, it's not the cult leader's ideology that cult members follow, and it's not the ideology that cult members feel a sense of loyalty for. It's the cult leader himself.

In a cult, ideology will often change to suit the needs of the cult leader's personal agenda, but loyalty to the cult's leadership, doesn't change with it.

LOL.

We have been over this before. I've posted links to multiple sources which confirm my assertion that membership in a cult can require devotion to an ideology, if the cult leader establishes ideological faith as criteria for inclusion in the group.

However, it's not the cult leader's ideology that cult members follow, and it's not the ideology that cult members feel a sense of loyalty for. It's the cult leader himself.

In a cult, ideology will often change to suit the needs of the cult leader's personal agenda, but loyalty to the cult's leadership, doesn't change with it.
And I've posted links as well. No matter how many times it's leaders change you are devoted to the ideology and organization known as the democrat party.

Democrat Party = Cult

And I've posted links as well. No matter how many times it's leaders change you are devoted to the ideology and organization known as the democrat party.

Democrat Party = Cult

I don't think either political party is a cult. I think there are constituencies within each party that are cults based on a cult of personality (Trump) or cult of ideology (abortion, gun control, other social issues).

You can have a cult of personality (the right with DJT) and a cult of ideology (both sides).

4 traits of a cult

The group is focused on a leader or ideology to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.

The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

The group is preoccupied with making money.

Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
You don't have a cult without a leader.

I don't think either political party is a cult. I think there are constituencies within each party that are cults based on a cult of personality (Trump) or cult of ideology (abortion, gun control, other social issues).
An entire political party can't accurately be described as a cult because there is a democratic system of accountability for elected officials in the United States. Politicians are accountable to voters... and indeed, Donald Trump was voted out of the presidency.

However, the more homogeneous MAGA faction within the Republican Party, is a different story.

An entire political party can't accurately be described as a cult because there is a democratic system of accountability for elected officials in the United States. Politicians are accountable to voters... and indeed, Donald Trump was voted out of the presidency.

However, the more homogeneous MAGA faction within the Republican Party, is a different story.

The MAGA faction, especially the really zealous members, is a cult.

Question, are the extremely zealous NRA members a cult?

VN Store

Back