UF looks to spoil TN's season

I am. I think that their defense gets exposed. Offensively they will be good, but our defense should get enough stops to get the win.

In regards to UF. I see us boat racing them. UT 45-UF-13

IMHO, against Shoop's defense, they'll be lucky to get 13

Last edited:
florida has a first year, journeyman QB, big issues at RB, wide receiver and a mediocre Oline---the QB will get rattled early and throw a couple of INTs---this game could get ugly. Hopefully butch runs it up, but he will pull the starters in the early fourth quarter. UT 33-Fla 13

Thinking we were Going to win is different than Could win.

My optimism for could win went as follows....

07? Yes
08? No
09? No
10? No
11? No
12? Yes*
13? Yes
14? Yes*
15? Yes*

*thought we were GOING to win (and should have).
Any year with Dooley at the helm and butch's first two years were big far no chances.

One important thing to remember is that Florida was vulnerable to giving up a lot of yards on the ground in certain games. Tennessee shredded them on the ground last year. I don't think there is any way that they could possibly be better in that category this year. It's not like they've added a bunch of talented run stuffers since last year. Couple that with a lot of question marks on offense, and the Gators are in trouble against the better teams in the SEC.

The Vols will crush them this year. Can't wait to see disappointment on Horse teeths face.

Any year with Dooley at the helm and butch's first two years were big far no chances.

Butch's first year, 2013, I agree. But his second year, 2014, when we were up 9-0 at home.....we absolutely should've won.

Also, we were picked to win the 2012 game at home under Dooley. And we were up 20-13 midway through the 3rd and were tied with :40 left in the 3rd. Very well couldve and probably should've won that one.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch's first year, 2013, I agree. But his second year, 2014, when we were up 9-0 at home.....we absolutely should've won.

Also, we were picked to win the 2012 game at home under Dooley. And we were up 20-13 midway through the 3rd and were tied with :40 left in the 3rd. Very well couldve and probably should've won that one.
Doesn't mean they weren't better than us. That means we were at home and had the edge. We were up on GA that year as well and lost. It's ok to say that we have been bad for the past ten years. FL has not been and therefore have beaten us. Last year was the first year in a long time I felt we were ready to beat them. With that, FL only lost one SEC game. Simply put, they were still better than us last year and therefore we lost to a better team.
The dooley comment is stupid. You lost your argument when you said Dooley. You lost credibility when you followed it with should have won.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean they weren't better than us. That means we were at home and had the edge. We were up on GA that year as well and lost. It's ok to say that we have been bad for the past ten years. FL has not been and therefore have beaten us. Last year was the first year in a long time I felt we were ready to beat them. With that, FL only lost one SEC game. Simply put, they were still better than us last year and therefore we lost to a better team.
The dooley comment is stupid. You lost your argument when you said Dooley. You lost credibility when you followed it with should have won.

2014 game was what it was. Florida was dead in the water after Driskell gave us 3 interceptions in their territory. We had full control of the game for 3 full quarters and pissed it away. That was a bad loss that just shouldn't have been.

The 2012 game, yeah, Dooley was the coach, which is why ultimately lost. I can agree with that. But we were good enough that day to win the game.

All the other years, yeah, we shouldn't have beaten Florida all those other times. But the 2014 game?.....no....we'll agree to to disagree on that one.

Last edited:
2014 game was what it was. Florida was dead in the water after Driskell gave us 3 interceptions in their territory. We had full control of the game for 3 full quarters and pissed it away. That was a bad loss that just shouldn't have been.

The 2012 game, yeah, Dooley was the coach, which is why ultimately lost. I can agree with that. But we were good enough that day to win the game.

All the other years, yeah, we shouldn't have beaten Florida all those other times. But the 2014 game?.....no....we'll agree to to disagree on that one.

Deal, I can agree that we could have upset them. But us pissing away a game when you aren't the best team falls on no one but Dooleys poor recruitment.

The wins by Florida the last 2 years were flukes! UT gets big revenge this year 33-13! Florida will end up in a minor bowl again

I hope we win, I can't take another loss by Florida and 365 more days of them talking about 12 in a row. If we win anything this year let it be Florida game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It won't be the first time the Gators ruin the season for the Vols, that's a given for most Vol fans, no?

Reactions: 1 person
In this Gators opinion its gonna be a close one. Its going to come down to a couple factors.

If we can keep Dobbs in the pocket and keep him from using his legs to hurt us I like our chances. However if we tackle like crap like we did last year and let him run up and down Neyland then you guys will win.

Really so much is unknown with both of these teams, Shaky starts followed by dustings of slightly better competition. So ill hedge my predictions. If we force Dobbs to throw from the pocket UF wins 24-16. If Dobbs turns on the afterburners and is able to keep our defense honest. UT wins 27-17

This game will be won in the trenches by the team that makes the fewest mistakes, especially in the kicking game

This game will be won in the trenches by the team that makes the fewest mistakes, especially in the kicking game

Im admittedly a little worried about the kicking game. While Pineiro's leg is a freaking trebuchet. before the UMass game he had never kicked in a live game. He's made some kicks but i'm worried about his consistancy, the 100,000 fans doesn't help the situation either.

In this Gators opinion its gonna be a close one. Its going to come down to a couple factors.

If we can keep Dobbs in the pocket and keep him from using his legs to hurt us I like our chances. However if we tackle like crap like we did last year and let him run up and down Neyland then you guys will win.

Really so much is unknown with both of these teams, Shaky starts followed by dustings of slightly better competition. So ill hedge my predictions. If we force Dobbs to throw from the pocket UF wins 24-16. If Dobbs turns on the afterburners and is able to keep our defense honest. UT wins 27-17

I think if UT does actually win it will be even closer than you think. I am thinking it would be a 3-7 point win. IMO we have the advantage of having Shoop and I dont see UF going 5-5 on 4th down again.

But your defense will again be very stout and will cause our OL MAJOR grief unless we improve significantly. I think its going to come down to our D being able to confuse and pressure LDR. If we cannot limit your offense, then its going to be a UF win. Right now I dont see UT putting up 27 on UF with our OL.

VN Store

Back