UF looks to spoil TN's season

Quote to remind everyone how Negavols do their best to make anyone who has hope for this season sorry that they come on these boards.

Unless you've been living under a rock, which it seems you may have ....the Tennessee OL has appeared very weak. As a reminder, conference play starts in less than 2 weeks and if they don't get it together then all this preseason hype will be a lost cause.

It's not the negavol in us.... it's being a realist and recognizing what we have and what will be if improvements are not made.

I could easily be wrong but I think this game will be the coming out party for team 120. I just have a feeling our kids have been looking forward to playing on 9/24 and 10/3 this year and it may have contributed to our slow starts.

I agree with this 100%! They are going to be ready for 9/24!

I'm hoping our o line comes together and we have no injuries or turnovers, score at least 27 and our d line pressures Del Rio with 4. I'd rather not have my annual mid September nut punch for a change.

Reactions: 2 people
Many think the Gators defense is a notch or two above that of the Vols and I won't argue the point, because Florida has one of the the best D's in the country

Too close to call so I'm preparing early.
1) Glenlivet Nadurra 16yo CS - check
2) Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado, box-pressed - check
3) Zantac - check

At this point, it's a toss up as to whether I'll be reaching for (2) or (3).

Guy guys guys.. It's okay! The Westgate Superbook says you're 9.5 point favorites.

Nothin' to worry about..... :good!:

Last edited:
Im admittedly a little worried about the kicking game. While Pineiro's leg is a freaking trebuchet. before the UMass game he had never kicked in a live game. He's made some kicks but i'm worried about his consistancy, the 100,000 fans doesn't help the situation either.

The last Florida kicker who played in Neyland was horrible...yet when it came time, he looked like an All-American and drilled the game winner from nearly 50 yards in front of a frenzied UT home crowd.

FWIW, I think you win this year. Ironically, this may the the year where Florida starts slow and gets better as the year goes on. The game being early this year hurts UF's chances, whereas it has helped us the last several. Slow starts have been the m.o. for UT the last five years, but this year, with the experience you have, you might be stronger early.

Our "slow start, fast finish" is and almost always has been a reflection of our schedule, not the team itself.

Reactions: 5 people
they hate us, they hate the hype train every year and look to beat us and stop all the speculation that we are a good/decent team.....

nothing to see here they dont respect us and after the years and losses we had to them, why should they....respect is earned not given.....

Gotta win this week and then next week got to beat the Gators....simple as that

ATTN: Vols are not cursed, we did not lose to F.U. the last decade because we're cursed. We just sucked for ten years.

We've played Florida 35 times since 1954.....We've lost 26 of those 36 games to Florida. Have we "sucked" all those years too?

The last Florida kicker who played in Neyland was horrible...yet when it came time, he looked like an All-American and drilled the game winner from nearly 50 yards in front of a frenzied UT home crowd.

the kicker they have now is pretty solid....soccer player got a leg for days....
FWIW....

Reactions: 1 person
the kicker they have now is pretty solid....soccer player got a leg for days....
FWIW....

Yep, they've definitely upgraded. The good news is that Florida hasn't really missed any kicks vs Tennessee the last few years so his presence won't necessarily add anything per se. In other words, it's not as though the Gators have missed a ton of kicks and still won, so even though he's much better than any recent kicker they've had, he really doesn't have anything to improve upon with respect to their kickers' performances vs UT. The only thing really is his range, so they may attempt some kicks and get some extra points this year as compared to the last 2-3 because they let him attempt some kicks that they wouldn't have previously.

Yep, they've definitely upgraded. The good news is that Florida hasn't really missed any kicks vs Tennessee the last few years so his presence won't necessarily add anything per se. In other words, it's not as though the Gators have missed a ton of kicks and still won, so even though he's much better than any recent kicker they've had, he really doesn't have anything to improve upon with respect to their kickers' performances vs UT. The only thing really is his range, so they may attempt some kicks and get some extra points this year as compared to the last 2-3 because they let him attempt some kicks that they wouldn't have previously.

hopefully it doesnt even come close to kicks, rite

but the history says it will be fairly close...smh :no:

I think this is the year we skull drag them. An early lead, then the damn breaks, unleashing years of frustration. Demons be gone!!

Until we actually beat them again I don't get hyped for this game anymore. I have so many friends who went the last few years to the FL game and talk about hot wild air feels before the game and into the game the stadium is rocking, only to be let down time and time again. I know we need to stay positive for the players and all that, but after so may years of being the fan it is hard to get up for this game anymore.

FWIW, I think you win this year. Ironically, this may the the year where Florida starts slow and gets better as the year goes on. The game being early this year hurts UF's chances, whereas it has helped us the last several. Slow starts have been the m.o. for UT the last five years, but this year, with the experience you have, you might be stronger early.

Slow starts have been UT's M.O. for the past 30 years. That amazing young player for UT almost always seems to start playing just after the UF game.

Until we actually beat them again I don't get hyped for this game anymore. I have so many friends who went the last few years to the FL game and talk about hot wild air feels before the game and into the game the stadium is rocking, only to be let down time and time again. I know we need to stay positive for the players and all that, but after so may years of being the fan it is hard to get up for this game anymore.

Alcohol is the answer .. not only for getting up for the game but getting over the result or as will be the case this year celebrating the victory! :pepper: GBO!!

O'l green teeth says he's going to put rocks in Butch Jones cereal and then make him eat it rather quickly:eek:hmy:

The pressure isn't just on us to break the streak. It's also on Florida to keep it going. Do they seemingly have magical powers over us every year? Sure. Am I going to cower down and give those scurvy swamp lizards the pleasure? Hell no. If they're going to beat us this year I say we all make them earn it the hard way. Bring the noise.

Until I see zero's on the clock, I can't feel optimistic about this game. I've been burned 11years in a row thinking we could beat them.

We're 3-0 and haven't played a great game yet.

I believe we put it all together this week while taking care of business. :rock:

VN Store

Back