UCF vs LSU

FWIW

This is the year before LSU was the best college football team in the last 20 years. Came down to the last few minutes and UCF was lighting LSU up with their 3rd string quarterback.

I always Laugh when I see this referenced for supporting our garbage hire. LSU had 12 players out for this game and still won

I always Laugh when I see this referenced for supporting our garbage hire. LSU had 12 players out for this game and still won

I don’t support this hire but I looked it up and it was 7 starters out for LSU, not 12. Also, UCF’s recruiting classes consistently rank around what? 60s? LSU’s were all top 10.

I don’t support this hire but I looked it up and it was 7 starters out for LSU, not 12. Also, UCF’s recruiting classes consistently rank around what? 60s? LSU’s were all top 10.
7 starters and 5 who play usually play is still a substantial amount. And they still lost. Ed O isn’t a good coach either so he’s naturally gonna do less with more

How would UT have faired in that game against LSU with more talent than UCF? Honest question...
What does UT have to do with this? I know our previous coach was garbage and would have a losing record if we switched rosters with the Kansas City chiefs. I’m merely pointing out our new hire is a joke of a hire and everyone pointing to the LSU game never mentions LSU was missing 12 contributors 7 being starters

7 starters and 5 who play usually play is still a substantial amount. And they still lost. Ed O isn’t a good coach either so he’s naturally gonna do less with more

UCF had lost their QB as well a couple games before this. Also, LSU had Joe Burrow. You can make whatever excuse you need for LSU, but they had top ranked classes and still almost lost.

I think it’s fine to have reservations about the hire. I do. I want to see his recruiting evolve and he’s got to implement an identity on defense. He’s the first coach since Kiffin’s staff to have evidence of developing talent. To dismiss his hiring as a garbage hire is just BVS. We could have hired James Franklin and paid a ton a money and more than likely it would be similar results for awhile. I think a lot of fans will be shocked at how long you can hang in games by just scoring an ass ton of points.

So UCF having 10 players opt out last year didn't have anything to do with their record? Everyone keeps saying he got worse every year, so it ok for LSU but not for UCF? They also had a true freshman as QB.
Everyone was impacted by Covid. By this logic we should give Pruitt a pass too right? Did Covid cause his defense to give up nearly 500YPG last season?

It’s funny because this season is pointed to as the start of the “decline” from Frost. They went 12-1 with a loss to LSU after losing their star quarterback near the end of the season. Then the next year they did “terrible,” with with a freshman starting quarterback going 10-3. This past year looks like they had some tough games, but they also only played 10 total. I believe they would have had an 8-9 win season if they played all games.

Ultimately, I’m happy we hired a coach with 2 10+ win seasons versus a 5-7 Dooley

Not saying this is you, but according to a lot of folks on this board, any SEC's 3rd stringers should be able to stomp any G5 team's starters. That's obviously absurd, but some people would want you to believe that.

UCF had lost their QB as well a couple games before this. Also, LSU had Joe Burrow. You can make whatever excuse you need for LSU, but they had top ranked classes and still almost lost.
I’ll take losing my QB over losing 7 starters and 5 contributors. But that’s just me, doesn’t mean I’m making the right decision

Everyone was impacted by Covid. By this logic we should give Pruitt a pass too right? Did Covid cause his defense to give up nearly 500YPG last season?

Name the number of players that opted-out for each team. Now list the number of practices that each player on every team lost due to covid. If they all add up, then we can say it affected everyone equally.

FYI, some of us did give Pruitt a pass due to the covid year, which is why everything that's happened in the last three months is stupid as hell.

It’s funny because this season is pointed to as the start of the “decline” from Frost. They went 12-1 with a loss to LSU after losing their star quarterback near the end of the season. Then the next year they did “terrible,” with with a freshman starting quarterback going 10-3. This past year looks like they had some tough games, but they also only played 10 total. I believe they would have had an 8-9 win season if they played all games.

Ultimately, I’m happy we hired a coach with 2 10+ win seasons versus a 5-7 Dooley
His teams still got worse as more of his recruits came in. The guy was a terrible recruiter at UCF too 7th in the AAC this past year. UCF fans on their forum are glad we took their problem off their hands.

I’m willing to give JH a chance I’m just expecting a disaster

Yeah, Orgeron really sucks with that natty ring he wears. Look, we get it.....you had dreams Kiffin or Freeze dancing in your head and now reality is setting in about just how far we have fallen, so you’re going to act like a child and piss and moan about it for the next 8 months. Do us all a favor and take a break from VN while the rest of us do our best to look to the future with some shred of hope

Yeah, Orgeron really sucks with that natty ring he wears. Look, we get it.....you had dreams Kiffin or Freeze dancing in your head and now reality is setting in about just how far we have fallen, so you’re going to act like a child and piss and moan about it for the next 8 months. Do us all a favor and take a break from VN while the rest of us do our best to look to the future with some shred of hope
Nobody in their right mind considers Ed O a elite coach. That LSU team was beyond loaded. Also I’m ironically watching breaking bad right now, amazing show

Bottom line the guy is Tennessee New Head coach period!!

Should have, could have, bla, bla means nothing now, it is over, get a life and get behind our new coach and team and see what they can accomplish. This guy is light years ahead of Pruitt that is for certain.

I look forward to his aggressive, high scoring offense that can keep you in the game, even if you get down. We have not had that in many years here. So sick of the "we have to do a better job of protecting the ball", which means 3 running plays and punt.

So LSU had 7 players out, who were all replaced by backups who were more highly rated than UCFs starters??
I think it’s a bit ridiculous to assume SEC backups are automatically better than starters for programs unless it’s a total dump of a team like ours was this past season.

VN Store

Back