UAW On Strike

It’d make for some interesting political debate should a large group of undocumented workers make their way across the picket lines for some automotive jobs.

That would put the rubes in a bit of a philosophical/political bind, eh?

Amazon workers should be unionized. Nobody works harder. Indeed, Amazon workers are supposedly the human equivalent of robots.
They are timed on how fast they fulfill orders in the warehouse--and sacked if they're slow. And there is a 24/7 tsunami of orders.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Amazon workers should be unionized. Nobody works harder. Indeed, Amazon workers are supposedly the human equivalent of robots.
They are timed on how fast they fulfill orders in the warehouse--and sacked if they're slow. And there is a 24/7 tsunami of orders.
Don’t worry…. All this union BS, strikes and demands for 40% pay raises will help the company decide robots truly are the answer.
Then they can rest

They have great benefits too. No way in hell a union is getting in there. Those output requirements are there for a reason. Also, because they must meet those requirements, is the main reason they are paid a fair wage.

these people better start thinking about their futures and updating their resumes

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider

these people better start thinking about their futures and updating their resumes

Good!

Now all of the lame KFC employees in KTOWN can take their lazy azzes to Cali.

Why are some people so sold on the idea that only the republicans are in the pocket of corporations? Dems are making as much on the side as republicans. The congressional good cop / bad cop game is a charade.
Did I say they weren't?

Did I say they weren't?

Sorry if I took you a little too literally. This concept that dems are for the people and republicans are for the corporations has worn really thin with me. I'm not fond of either party, but I'm absolutely disgusted that one misrepresents itself as a friend of the people and their protector from the corporate world.

UAW workers make more money and have better benefits than auto workers who are not unionized. Hmmm: can't decide who are the real puddin' heads. Why do you think manufacturers come to the South? Because it's full of puddin'heads.
The UAW is also draconian in its enforcement of UAW only products amongst its members, operating as a monopoly. Members can't drive a foreign car, or a car that isn't made by UAW workers without facing direct physical threats or destruction of property. same with tools. most UAW jobs will have a multiple page "ban" list of things you can't use as a UAW member. they will even go out of their way to place similar "pressure" aka threats and violence, on non-union members at the job site or in competition with them.

they are paid more because the union runs a monopolistic protection scam that they are willing to enforce with violence. they are the mob. they are only tolerated because they funnel money back to the politicians.

The UAW is also draconian in its enforcement of UAW only products amongst its members, operating as a monopoly. Members can't drive a foreign car, or a car that isn't made by UAW workers without facing direct physical threats or destruction of property. same with tools. most UAW jobs will have a multiple page "ban" list of things you can't use as a UAW member. they will even go out of their way to place similar "pressure" aka threats and violence, on non-union members at the job site or in competition with them.

they are paid more because the union runs a monopolistic protection scam that they are willing to enforce with violence. they are the mob. they are only tolerated because they funnel money back to the politicians.

In 1997 the Teamsters struck UPS and a few times they threatened our techs going into various centers, only once did it get dicey. So yeah unions can absolutely get thuggish. What's funny is I have an acquaintance who is a union pipefitter and he hates the UAW and Teamsters. Says it's a complete different mindset of members, says the pipefitters union stresses work quality and performance while most of the others stress getting by doing as little as possible.

Reactions: 85SugarVol and AM64
Interesting… they’re lazy yet you aren’t cooking your own food at home.

I typically do cook my own food at home or my wife has Thai cuisine available daily. The last time I went to KFC, employees were just standing around avoiding customers. Really odd bunch TBH. The post you are commenting on was not really meant to be taken seriously. Have a joyous day buddy.

Members can't drive a foreign car, or a car that isn't made by UAW workers without facing direct physical threats or destruction of property. ber.

If that was completely true, my neighbor’s two Toyotas should have been on blocks at least once over the past decade. And after hearing a few of those yahoos talking while I was out and about the weekend before, I was surprised at how hardcore and radicalized his co-workers are.

Maybe this is true in Detroit or very true 40 years ago, but not so much now.

I typically do cook my own food at home or my wife has Thai cuisine available daily. The last time I went to KFC, employees were just standing around avoiding customers. Really odd bunch TBH. The post you are commenting on was not really meant to be taken seriously. Have a joyous day buddy.
It may have been a light not-so serious comment on your part. I get it… let’s have a little fun. I’m just not too quick to dump on service industry folks in a time when we have raging inflation.

Last edited:
Reactions: PEPPERJAX
It may have been a light not-so serious comment on your part. I get it… let’s have a little fun. I’m just not to quick to dump on service industry folks in a time when we have raging inflation.

Oh I get it. The last time I went to KFC was little over a year ago.

It may have been a light not-so serious comment on your part. I get it… let’s have a little fun. I’m just not to quick to dump on service industry folks in a time when we have raging inflation.
Non skilled employees starting at $20/hr is a factor in driving that raging inflation.

VN Store

Back