UAB is Back!

2nd CUSA Championship in 3 years. Best story in college football continues.

Program disbanded in 2014; restored in 2015.
Returned to play 2017 - picked to finish dead last in all football - won 8 games and went to a bowl (2nd in team history)
2018 - won CUSA Championship; won first bowl game
2019 - won CUSA West Division
2020 - won CUSA Championship

Go Blazers!
Definitely a story, program, and coach who do not get enough attention. Very happy for that program.

Reactions: volinbham
Bill Clark should be on every programs short list. Phenomenal job in rebuilding that program. Wouldnt be upset to have him at all. We need someone who knows how to build a program from the ground up. Butch and Pruitts problem is that theyve only been at places that already had success. They never had to build something from the ground up like Clark. He has done really well.

I love Bill Clark. The only weakness I've seen from him is that his teams get stupid (personal foul) penalties with regularity. That said, he's insanely better than Pruitt.
He’s my choice if a change is made. Not just for how good I think he can be at a place like Tennessee, but also getting him out of C-USA to help out my alma mater ODU!!!

He’s my choice if a change is made. Not just for how good I think he can be at a place like Tennessee, but also getting him out of C-USA to help out my alma mater ODU!!!

Lol, Gus is my number 1 choice. Clark is my number 2 pick.

UAB is playing S Carolina in a bowl game. If they win that will be the third SEC team they've beaten (LSU under Saban and Miss St).

Potential interesting dilemma for UA Board of Trustees (the UAB football killers) - pay more to keep Bill Clark or let him go to Auburn and make them a bigger threat to UA.

I truly believe this is a great coach, and was given a serious look by UT at one point. He flat out stated he needs ABSOLUTE control of a program tho. It's going to take the right fit.

Clark continues to show he's a helluva coach

Maybe it is just me, but in watching that game how slow the players looked kind of jumped off the screen. This was on both sides mind you.

Was it just me or did some of the runs look like they were in slow motion?

Maybe it is just me, but in watching that game how slow the players looked kind of jumped off the screen. This was on both sides mind you.

Was it just me or did some of the runs look like they were in slow motion?
Not sure, didn't pay much attention to that

VN Store

Back