UAB is Back!

They did it. UAB went on the road and beat UNT while Lane Kiffin's FAU beat So Miss - UAB wins CUSA West Div and heads to Boca Raton to face the Lane Train for the CUSA Championship.

No one expected UAB to contend but here they are again. Each year back has exceeded expectations. Go Blazers!

Go Blazzers!

UAB (3-1) wins at home over 3-0 UTSA (3-1). Runs home winning streak since the return to 20-0. Hopefully the new stadium will be as hospitable to Bill Clark as Legion Field has been.

The stadium is going to be really nice for the city. I am just wondering where the parking is going to be.
EC02EA1E-49DB-4704-B9FC-AA312F47FB9D.jpeg

Reactions: volinbham
You can’t keep playing at legion field. There is parking around the uptown area but I’m not sure if they’re adding more parking decks. I haven’t been to that area of town in a hot minute.

Last edited:
Why not? It looks like it going to be nice.

Not sure other options were even considered but Legion Field has a special place in SEC lore. The thought of the Old Gray Lady being abandoned/torn down sort of pains me at a molecular level.

Not sure other options were even considered but Legion Field has a special place in SEC lore. The thought of the Old Gray Lady being abandoned/torn down sort of pains me at a molecular level.

As much as Tennessee fans would riot, probably myself among them, starting over is way cheaper than trying to renovate and update and that extends to the Neylands of the world.

Reactions: zjcvols
As much as Tennessee fans would riot, probably myself among them, starting over is way cheaper than trying to renovate and update and that extends to the Neylands of the world.

Not when the private sector buys in. The Citrus Bowl being the best example and BOA Stadium in Charlotte was built in the heart of Crack Alley, try buying a house anywhere around there now. LOL

Reactions: feathersax
Not when the private sector buys in. The Citrus Bowl being the best example and BOA Stadium in Charlotte was built in the heart of Crack Alley, try buying a house anywhere around there now. LOL

This has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of the stadium. This is an educational institution. Not a pro team.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of the stadium. This is an educational institution. Not a pro team.

Do you work for the Birmingham City Council? They're both development projects, rebuilding Legion Field and reclaiming the adjacent property would be a development project. And FYI there ain't no pro teams in Orlando.

Legion Field is beyond saving and not as well suited to the multi-use that is planned for the new venue. Birmingham made the right choice

UAB wins CUSA W. Division for the 3rd straight year. Football has only been back 4 years. No other CUSA team has won their division 3 consecutive years.

God bless Bill Clark.

Reactions: volnbama_
2nd CUSA Championship in 3 years. Best story in college football continues.

Program disbanded in 2014; restored in 2015.
Returned to play 2017 - picked to finish dead last in all football - won 8 games and went to a bowl (2nd in team history)
2018 - won CUSA Championship; won first bowl game
2019 - won CUSA West Division
2020 - won CUSA Championship

Go Blazers!

VN Store

Back