U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

So 82% of the Midshipmen who violated the Honor Code were allowed to stay at the Naval Academy.

Not much of a "code", or even a "concept". More like a "suggestion".

The internal decomposition of our Armed Forces continues. Like they say, a fish rots from the head down...
Yeah that was what got me scratching my head. If that’s true that’s really bad.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So 82% of the Midshipmen who violated the Honor Code were allowed to stay at the Naval Academy.

Not much of a "code", or even a "concept". More like a "suggestion".

The internal decomposition of our Armed Forces continues. Like they say, a fish rots from the head down...
Yeah, this is the first time students have done this at a service academy.LMFAO

Explain. What changed? The academy used to turn out some top notch leaders in both the military and later industry and politics.

Changed? I don’t have an answer for you there.

I’ve always thought the requirement for a congressional recommendation to be admitted to a military academy is absurd since it breeds political activism. Officers commissioned through ROTC should receive regular commissions and all branches should be doing more to commission from the enlisted ranks.

Changed? I don’t have an answer for you there.

I’ve always thought the requirement for a congressional recommendation to be admitted to a military academy is absurd since it breeds political activism. Officers commissioned through ROTC should receive regular commissions and all branches should be doing more to commission from the enlisted ranks.
Ah ok. Absolutely agree on the bolded the Mustang path breeds great officers I think.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Ah ok. Absolutely agree on the bolded the Mustang path breeds great officers I think.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. I guess my biggest beef is officers (at least when I was in) weren’t allowed to fail. If they ****ed up and couldn’t successfully pin it on an enlisted person their career could be over. Nobody learns in that environment. That attitude started to trickle down to the NCO corp.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. I guess my biggest beef is officers (at least when I was in) weren’t allowed to fail. If they ****ed up and couldn’t successfully pin it on an enlisted person their career could be over. Nobody learns in that environment. That attitude started to trickle down to the NCO corp.
All of the OCS path ones I’ve encountered were solid. Granted I didn’t work for them.

5 crew members unaccounted for after US Navy helicopter crashes off the San Diego coast

(CNN)Search and rescue efforts are underway after a US Navy helicopter crashed off the San Diego coast Tuesday, officials said.

One crew member was rescued and the search is ongoing for five others, a Navy spokesperson told CNN. The condition of the rescued crew member was not disclosed.

The helicopter, based on the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier, "crashed into the sea while conducting routine flight operations approximately 60 nautical miles off the coast of San Diego" at around 4:30 p.m. local time, the Navy's 3rd Fleet said in a statement.

US Navy helicopter crashes off the San Diego coast. 5 crew members are unaccounted for - CNN

Reactions: Silence Dogood
New Navy guidelines allow men to be bald and wear Earrings and women to have 'very short' hair

The Navy has adopted new grooming and accessory policies for male and female sailors, giving them more leniency to dress as they want.

“Navy uniform policy updates are the result of Fleet feedback, uniform working group discussions, command sponsored requests and direction from Navy leadership,” wrote Vice Adm. John B. Nowell Jr., chief of naval personnel, in the announcement . “Navy uniform policy updates directly support Sailor 2025 objectives to attract and retain the very best Sailors by finding greater flexibility in our policies and practices, including uniforms.”

Men are now allowed to be bald, have a flat top or fade, or have a high and tight cut, though sideburns restrictions remain stringent. If a male sailor has sideburns, that hair must not exceed the length of hair “where it intersects with the haircut,” while the requirement regarding sideburns length “remains unchanged.”

New Navy guidelines allow men to be bald and wear earrings and women to have 'very short' hair

Read ex-PM's blistering 200-word rant about American nuclear submarines - warning 'if the US can't beat a bunch of Taliban rebels in pick-up trucks, what chance would it have against China?'

Former prime minister Paul Keating has slammed the new nuclear submarines deal between the US, UK and Australia, arguing the US military can't beat a bunch of Taliban rebels in pick-up trucks.

Mr Keating, the famously acid-tongued Labor PM from 1991-1996, released a statement that questioned the wisdom of Australia locking in its military equipment and defence forces with the US to counter the growing power of China.

'If the US military with all its might could not beat a bunch of Taliban rebels with AK-47s rifles in pick-up trucks. what chance would it have in a full-blown war with China, not only the biggest state in the world but the occupant and commander of the biggest land mass in Asia,' Mr Keating wrote.

Read ex-PM's blistering 200-word rant about American nuclear submarines | Daily Mail Online

Just wondering what the hell any of you know about officer training in the military at any level. Most of the comments here about too much diversity training are total crap.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Navy Begins Deep-Sea Recovery Mission For Helicopter Wreckage

The Navy has begun an undersea search operation to locate and recover the helicopter and remains of five crew members who were killed in an Aug. 31 crash.

The search for the helicopter and its passengers did not begin immediately after the accident because the Navy had to gather the necessary equipment from various parts of the country, Lt. Sam Boyle, a spokesman for the 3rd Fleet, told the San Diego Union-Tribune

On Sept. 4, the U.S. 3rd Fleet announced that the rescue operations had shifted to recovery operations days after the MH-60S helicopter that embarked aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln crashed into the sea after experiencing “side-to-side vibrations causing [the] main rotor to strike [the] flight deck” before falling overboard, according to a center mishap report .

Navy begins deep-sea recovery mission for helicopter wreckage

Just wondering what the hell any of you know about officer training in the military at any level. Most of the comments here about too much diversity training are total crap.

Best friend is a commander in the Navy.

He thinks the military has gone to crap and can’t wait to leave. Said Obama basically killed it.

I am not military but will take his word for it.

How he does 6 months on a sub at a time is mind blowing to me. I would freak out.

So your total opinion is based on the opinion of one officer who has not screened for command (too complicated to explain) with the result he's probably been passed over for Captain which means he's got no chance at Admiral.

I'm sorry his career didn't go the way he wanted and his service should be honored, but I find it strange that an officer wants to get out because of things done by a President over 5 years ago.

So your total opinion is based on the opinion of one officer who has not screened for command (too complicated to explain) with the result he's probably been passed over for Captain which means he's got no chance at Admiral.

I'm sorry his career didn't go the way he wanted and his service should be honored, but I find it strange that an officer wants to get out because of things done by a President over 5 years ago.
Yeah, Neo's buddy is FOS. All he did was provide bias confirmation

I can think of a family (well what’s left of it anyway) in Afghanistan that wishes our military and intelligence agencies would focus more on doing their job correctly rather than executing knee jerk reactions then covering up their obvious f$&@ ups in the media.

I know a few but were all company grade back in the late 80s through early-mid 90s. Some retired early 2000s as field grade officers and the others got out during the Clinton years.

Have a cousins son who is currently a 1st LT and a friends kid who’s maybe an O3 now. The officer Corp (at least Army) is pretty pathetic right now. Warriors have been shuffled out in favor of those that can play the political games.

Reactions: Wireless1
I know a few but were all company grade back in the late 80s through early-mid 90s. Some retired early 2000s as field grade officers and the others got out during the Clinton years.

Have a cousins son who is currently a 1st LT and a friends kid who’s maybe an O3 now. The officer Corp (at least Army) is pretty pathetic right now. Warriors have been shuffled out in favor of those that can play the political games.
They are all clearly not worthy of considering since there’s no evidence they made it to field grade and thus their opinion has no relevance on the competence of their leadership. Duh.

First off, the military has always been brutally competitive in rising through the ranks which means anyone who makes flag grade is typically a consummate politician. But they are politicians in an environment radically different from the civilian political arena so sometimes you get guys like Alexander Haig who made a fool of himself in the Reagan administration. Just don't think that it's never been political in the military. And the military hs always been sensitive to civilian politics because that's how they get the funding they need.

Second, you're trying to say civilian politics invading the military is new. McClellan ran against Lincoln in 1864 while serving as a Union General and McArthur had political operatives working on his behalf in the Wisconsin Republican primary while he was commanding the army in Korea.

At the end of the day we still have the best military in the world.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

VN Store

Back