U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

I can't even imagine how bloody a land invasion of England would have been. Again, reflect on how much staging and planning it took for Normandy.

In the fall of 1940 and spring 1941 most English ground forces were in North Africa and Asia. The rest were still licking their wounds from France, Normandy was a much tougher nut to crack than Britain would have been.

In the fall of 1940 and spring 1941 most English ground forces were in North Africa and Asia. The rest were still licking their wounds from France, Normandy was a much tougher nut to crack than Britain would have been.
Which goes back to what I stated earlier in the thread. Had Britain and France been more concerned about defending their homeland rather than maintaining their empires, they would have had plenty of resources available to fight Germany without the US needing to join in.

Thanks for making my point.

I can't even imagine how bloody a land invasion of England would have been. Again, reflect on how much staging and planning it took for Normandy.

A large scale invasion would’ve gotten ugly no doubt....and probably only possible after a victorious air campaign and siege of the island.

True...and the Normandy invasion was mostly successful because of the absolute air superiority.

Which goes back to what I stated earlier in the thread. Had Britain and France been more concerned about defending their homeland rather than maintaining their empires, they would have had plenty of resources available to fight Germany without the US needing to join in.

Thanks for making my point.

I didn’t make your point. England and France couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag, it didn’t matter where their forces were had Hitler decided to invade Britain.

The Chinese Claim They Chased a US Navy Destroyer out of the South China Sea and We Can No Longer Assume They Are Lying to Us

4731e817-23d5-4f3e-924f-cafb45a8cae4-860x475.jpg

About a week ago, wire services and networks ran an interesting story that appeared and disappeared in the flash of an eye. It’s a shame because it was a major story, it is plausible, and because we no longer owe the US military the benefit of a doubt when receiving its version of events. Via Reuters, China says it ‘drove away’ U.S. warship on anniversary of tribunal ruling.

Think about it for a second. China is claiming that it drove, by unspecified means, a US surface combatant, in this case, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Benfold, out of international waters.

USS Benfold was going to conduct a “freedom of navigation operation,” or FONOP, in the South China Sea, specifically near the Paracel Islands.
The Paracel Islands are a flashpoint for any potential war between the US and China as China is claiming critical international routes of commerce as territorial waters. China is building reefs, recklessly exploiting the natural resources, bullying ships of other nations, and doing everything possible to establish “facts on the ground” that support its ownership of the area. Freedom of navigation is one of the historical missions of the US Navy, and we’ve done that since the era of the Barbary pirates. My personal view is that we are very near to war with China, a view which I explore in How Close Are We to War With China?

In ordinary times, this is the kind of story that one would guffaw at. But since 2016, that has not been the case. In January 2016, two US Navy riverine patrol craft were boarded by Iranian forces in the Arabian Sea. Ten sailors, nine described as male and one described as female (I say “described” because in the Navy of Obama and afterwords, we really aren’t sure what these words actually mean anymore), were taken prisoner to the everlasting shame of a once-great maritime power. And who can forget the ugly, mutinous spectacle of how a Navy admiral refused to obey a US President exercising his Constitutional authority as commander in chief

More recently, Senator Tom Cotton teamed up with Representatives Dan Crenshaw, Mike Gallagher, and Jim Banks to publish “A Report on the Fighting Culture of the United States Navy Surface Fleet.” It paints a sorry picture of a service that can barely, barely sail its ships, much less fight them.

The Chinese Claim They Chased a US Navy Destroyer out of the South China Sea and We Can No Longer Assume They Are Lying to Us

Reactions: Silence Dogood

4731e817-23d5-4f3e-924f-cafb45a8cae4-860x475.jpg

About a week ago, wire services and networks ran an interesting story that appeared and disappeared in the flash of an eye. It’s a shame because it was a major story, it is plausible, and because we no longer owe the US military the benefit of a doubt when receiving its version of events. Via Reuters, China says it ‘drove away’ U.S. warship on anniversary of tribunal ruling.

Think about it for a second. China is claiming that it drove, by unspecified means, a US surface combatant, in this case, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Benfold, out of international waters.

USS Benfold was going to conduct a “freedom of navigation operation,” or FONOP, in the South China Sea, specifically near the Paracel Islands.
The Paracel Islands are a flashpoint for any potential war between the US and China as China is claiming critical international routes of commerce as territorial waters. China is building reefs, recklessly exploiting the natural resources, bullying ships of other nations, and doing everything possible to establish “facts on the ground” that support its ownership of the area. Freedom of navigation is one of the historical missions of the US Navy, and we’ve done that since the era of the Barbary pirates. My personal view is that we are very near to war with China, a view which I explore in How Close Are We to War With China?

In ordinary times, this is the kind of story that one would guffaw at. But since 2016, that has not been the case. In January 2016, two US Navy riverine patrol craft were boarded by Iranian forces in the Arabian Sea. Ten sailors, nine described as male and one described as female (I say “described” because in the Navy of Obama and afterwords, we really aren’t sure what these words actually mean anymore), were taken prisoner to the everlasting shame of a once-great maritime power. And who can forget the ugly, mutinous spectacle of how a Navy admiral refused to obey a US President exercising his Constitutional authority as commander in chief

More recently, Senator Tom Cotton teamed up with Representatives Dan Crenshaw, Mike Gallagher, and Jim Banks to publish “A Report on the Fighting Culture of the United States Navy Surface Fleet.” It paints a sorry picture of a service that can barely, barely sail its ships, much less fight them.

Well they could at least get the picture correct. That is a Ticonderoga cruiser.

Senate Confirms Two LGBT Women to Military Positions in historic firsts

The Senate confirmed two women from the gay and transgender community to top military positions, a historic move.

Gina Ortiz Jones, who is a lesbian, was confirmed to be the undersecretary of the Air Force, making Jones the first out lesbian to serve in the role of undersecretary of any military branch. Shawn Skelly will serve as the assistant secretary of defense for readiness, making Skelly the highest-ranking out transgender defense official in the country’s history.

Skelly, a 20-year Navy veteran and the founder of an organization that advocates for gay and transgender people in the national security profession, was appointed as the special assistant to the undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology, and logistics in the Department of Defense in 2013. Skelly was the first transgender veteran to be appointed by a president of the United States, according to Out in National Security.

Skelly is the second openly transgender official to be confirmed by the Senate behind Rachel Levine, the assistant secretary to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Senate confirms two LGBT women to military positions in historic firsts

Reactions: Silence Dogood
You don't think the enemy is getting intelligence reports to understand this? Trump was on his way to re-equipping the military to moderize it but since Biden was elected it's back to business as usual or worse with diversity training as priority 1, 2 and 3.

HAHAHAAHAHAH Gen. Bone Spurs was really getting it going.

JFC you people are hilarious.

The Senate confirmed two women from the gay and transgender community to top military positions, a historic move.

Gina Ortiz Jones, who is a lesbian, was confirmed to be the undersecretary of the Air Force, making Jones the first out lesbian to serve in the role of undersecretary of any military branch. Shawn Skelly will serve as the assistant secretary of defense for readiness, making Skelly the highest-ranking out transgender defense official in the country’s history.

Skelly, a 20-year Navy veteran and the founder of an organization that advocates for gay and transgender people in the national security profession, was appointed as the special assistant to the undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology, and logistics in the Department of Defense in 2013. Skelly was the first transgender veteran to be appointed by a president of the United States, according to Out in National Security.

Skelly is the second openly transgender official to be confirmed by the Senate behind Rachel Levine, the assistant secretary to the Department of Health and Human Services.

I hope you cry in the corner all day about it.

giphy (13).gif

Instead of depending on the US to pull them out of the fire, maybe the Aussies, Japanese, South Koreans and Indians need to get together and strengthen their alliances.

You do realize there is some pretty serious animosity between Koreans and Japanese?

so I just saw a video of what Russia claims is a hypersonic cruise missile sea launched from a frigate. All I can say is LMFAO. There is no damn way that short burn in a vertical launch profile ever reached hypersonic speeds. Lying sacks of **** 😂
So far, I've yet to see anyone, including US military, dispute the performance of the missile.

So far, I've yet to see anyone, including US military, dispute the performance of the missile.
The missile shot shown in that video was a vertical launch from a frigate class ship with about a four second boost and it was not in a cruise attitude at boost completion it was still somewhat gaining altitude. Mother Nature disputes the accelerations required to reach hypersonic speeds in that demonstrated shot.

Do I believe Russia has hypersonic technology? Yes. Do I believe it’s demonstrated in that video? Oh HELL no.

The missile shot shown in that video was a vertical launch from a frigate class ship with about a four second boost and it was not in a cruise attitude at boost completion it was still somewhat gaining altitude. Mother Nature disputes the accelerations required to reach hypersonic speeds in that demonstrated shot.

Do I believe Russia has hypersonic technology? Yes. Do I believe it’s demonstrated in that video? Oh HELL no.
I'll have to take your word for that right now, but I'm just pointing out that it has been very quiet with regards to any cynics.

I'll have to take your word for that right now, but I'm just pointing out that it has been very quiet with regards to any cynics.
I see no value in debating it in the public domain. In fact I’d consider most any boasting in the public domain to be disinformation until proven otherwise… which we may not even see.

I see no value in debating it in the public domain. In fact I’d consider most any boasting in the public domain to be disinformation until proven otherwise… which we may not even see.
Considering that Russia has an aircraft carrier that needs its own fleet of tugs so it can get from point a to point b I really don't think we need to worry too much about them on the technology front.

Considering that Russia has an aircraft carrier that needs its own fleet of tugs so it can get from point a to point b I really don't think we need to worry too much about them on the technology front.
I wouldn’t go that far. I absolutely believe they have hypersonic missile technology. I just think China is a much bigger threat these days.

Always practice you Sun Tzu, grasshopper 😎

Reactions: VolStrom
Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back