Tyler Summitt Has a New Gig.

I'm not.

He should never coach girls or women again. He isn't qualified to coach men. He wasn't really qualified to coach women.

Plus he is stealing millions from the taxpayers of Tennessee.

He’s not stealing anything from taxpayers. That money was rightfully earned by his mother and she was entitled to do with it what she wanted to and like millions of other people in the US she left it to her child.

He’s not stealing anything from taxpayers. That money was rightfully earned by his mother and she was entitled to do with it what she wanted to and like millions of other people in the US she left it to her child.
They need to change it. That isn't supposed to be for people who are already millionaires to collect hundreds of thousands each year. Ita supposed to be for families of normal employees. The lifetime family crap should be capped or eliminated for coaches who make super high salaries.
He is stealing from us. Period.

You might be ok with it. I'm not.

They need to change it. That isn't supposed to be for people who are already millionaires to collect hundreds of thousands each year. Ita supposed to be for families of normal employees. The lifetime family crap should be capped or eliminated for coaches who make super high salaries.

Your problem is the law then. People benefitting from a policy that you disagree with does not mean they are stealing.

Are you married and do you use the married filing jointly rate on your taxes? I think it’s BS and discriminates against people based on marital status. By your logic I should believe you are a thief.

That's more like it. He really shouldn't take that even if it's by the rules. Obviously, he's not a high character person. One who was, would simply reject it and be thankful for all he has. All IMHO.
I know that his experience at Louisiana Tech disappointed many people. I wonder what that situation was like for Mickie DeMoss? Here she is, willing to swallow her ego and work for him as an assistant at her alma mater (no longer close to being an elite program) at a lower salary than she could have made elsewhere, while also being a 40 year long close friend of his terminally ill mother (Pat Summitt referred to Mickie DeMoss as "Aunt Mickie" when speaking to Tyler in her book "Raise the Roof" about the 1998 undefeated season) and he not only puts her in a position to be in the middle of complaints over his preferential treatment of a player (it was no secret among the Louisiana Tech team as to what was going on) but he blows a great head coaching opportunity that he had not yet earned on his own (and she had lobbied with her friends in the Louisiana Tech athletic department to help him get). I understand being a horny 23 year old... I used to be one myself but that was incredibly irresponsible and selfish of him. Good grief.

I know that his experience at Louisiana Tech disappointed many people. I wonder what that situation was like for Mickie DeMoss? Here she is, willing to swallow her ego and work for him as an assistant at her alma mater (no longer close to being an elite program) at a lower salary than she could have made elsewhere, while also being a 40 year long close friend of his terminally ill mother (Pat Summitt referred to Mickie DeMoss as "Aunt Mickie" when speaking to Tyler in her book "Raise the Roof" about the 1998 undefeated season) and he not only puts her in a position to be in the middle of complaints over his preferential treatment of a player (it was no secret among the Louisiana Tech team as to what was going on) but he blows a great head coaching opportunity that he had not yet earned on his own (and she had lobbied with her friends in the Louisiana Tech athletic department to help him get). I understand being a horny 23 year old... I used to be one myself but that was incredibly irresponsible and selfish of him. Good grief.

Dang. I didn't know that @ Demoss helping him get the job and assist. I bet she did go through a painful time watching that play out. I've helped people into good opportunities and watched them also meltdown. Then the cross hairs get turned on yourself. Have become a lot more judicious with my recommendations.

I'm not.

He should never coach girls or women again. He isn't qualified to coach men. He wasn't really qualified to coach women.

Plus he is stealing millions from the taxpayers of Tennessee.
m

Really? His mom worked her rear off and if she wants to designate her retirement and other earned savings to her son it was hers to so designate .

That's more like it. He really shouldn't take that even if it's by the rules. Obviously, he's not a high character person. One who was, would simply reject it and be thankful for all he has. All IMHO.
That is exactly what I'm saying.

He has no character or morals obviously.

Cheats on his wife. Inherits millions, makes hundreds of thousands from coaching, then still wants to collect hundreds of thousands from the taxpayers each year.

Tyler is a piece of 💩.

You do realize that money is the result of money that came out of her paycheck. So even using hyperbole it's not like stealing. I am a state employee and a chunk comes out of every paycheck and basically when I retire I get that money back plus the interest it has and will continue to earn.

Cheats on his wife. Inherits millions, makes hundreds of thousands from coaching, then still wants to collect hundreds of thousands from the taxpayers each year.

Tyler is a piece of 💩.

I'm perfectly fine with the fact that he is stealing directly from you and is laughing in your face. Maybe he'll autograph a dollar bill for you.

Tyler is a piece of 💩.
You obviously don't invest in a pension. If you did you wouldn't be making comments like you made. He isn't stealing from anyone. If you need financial advice or want to know how pensions work I will be more than happy to give you an education. He isn't collecting her social security.

Who cares. He has no accomplishment whatsoever and as a high school coach is where he should have started his career. In hindsight that could have had even more tragic consequences. Does anybody on here think he would have ever worn a Vols basketball uniform or gotten the gig at LaTech but for the fact he was Pat's son?

He was still probably better than Stephen Pearl though.

I am reading where some people have a problem with Tyler getting benefits from his mothers earned income. How hypocritical can a human be to take issue with a persons hard earned income and how it is right or wrong it is for her surviving son to get it. If anyone feels that way you are way out of line. Pat has the right to burn it if she wanted to. I have a lot I could say about the evil that exist on this site but it will not change evil hearts and minds but I have to say that, “we shall reap what we sow” Tyler is not our or your problem leave him alone He admitted to his mistake. He took the high road in a country now that no longer cares about the truth.

Reactions: ruvol
Maybe someone figured out that people are human and make mistakes and shouldn't have to serve a life sentence over a mistake. It wasn't like he was having sex with a minor. He at worst cheated on his girlfriend. You think he might have learned his lesson and wants to make up for his mistakes and leave a legacy his mom would be proud of?

Actually he cheated on his WIFE with a student he was coaching. That mistress is now his wife and together they have asp

I am reading where some people have a problem with Tyler getting benefits from his mothers earned income. How hypocritical can a human be to take issue with a persons hard earned income and how it is right or wrong it is for her surviving son to get it. If anyone feels that way you are way out of line. Pat has the right to burn it if she wanted to. I have a lot I could say about the evil that exist on this site but it will not change evil hearts and minds but I have to say that, “we shall reap what we sow” Tyler is not our or your problem leave him alone He admitted to his mistake. He took the high road in a country now that no longer cares about the truth.
I think the real issue most people have is paying a state/university pension of a 60+ woman to a 24 year old for life. I know a lot of pensions paid; most end at drawer’s death or, at best, half amount to surviving spouse (and usually the drawer has taken a smaller draw for that choice). If no spouse there are some which might cover children, minor children, disabled, children etc. A lot of variables exist, but the choice to leave full payout to a child for life is very rare. I don’t blame Tyler; it is legally his. I never blamed PF for taking his buyout; it was legally his. I do have serious reservations about the way pensions for political/university are drafted. Don’t get me started at the federal level!

"He who is without sin, please cast the first stone." That being said, I doubt if any of us could even cast a pebble. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
Of course that is true, he didn't even break the law. BUT should his "second chance" be a job that involves coaching teenage girls? It's a fair question and if I was a parent of one his players? I wouldn't like it.

I think the real issue most people have is paying a state/university pension of a 60+ woman to a 24 year old for life. I know a lot of pensions paid; most end at drawer’s death or, at best, half amount to surviving spouse (and usually the drawer has taken a smaller draw for that choice). If no spouse there are some which might cover children, minor children, disabled, children etc. A lot of variables exist, but the choice to leave full payout to a child for life is very rare. I don’t blame Tyler; it is legally his. I never blamed PF for taking his buyout; it was legally his. I do have serious reservations about the way pensions for political/university are drafted. Don’t get me started at the federal level!

This is not correct. In order to leave it to Tyler she had to opt for a reduced benefit at her retirement. He is not receiving full payout of Pat's pension. Not an option under the State's plan.

This explains it: Pat Summitt leaves all ‘tangible personal property’ to son Tyler in will

So much animosity!

Reactions: VolNExile
Was it wrong what Tyler did, without a doubt, however, the situation did not involve a child and an adult. However, the latest news is present wife's school has pulled their release, so perhaps they are rethinking their hire.

This is not correct. In order to leave it to Tyler she had to opt for a reduced benefit at her retirement. He is not receiving full payout of Pat's pension. Not an option under the State's plan.

This explains it: Pat Summitt leaves all ‘tangible personal property’ to son Tyler in will

So much animosity!
You missed the point. Animosity, close minded, so many ugly traits. Communication is difficult. People so often only “hear” what they want to hear.

Reactions: T_Vol376

So much animosity!
Plus, I believe the benefit is reduced based on the age of the beneficiary. A child as beneficiary would draw far less than a spouse or someone close to the age of the retiree. In addition, Coach Summitt paid a percent of her salary into the TCRS each year.

Reactions: VolNExile
He’s not a pedophile. We don’t know the circumstances of his affair.

No he's not a pedophile but I don't think you go into that profession if you have problems keeping your pants up.

I know most folks got a little freak in them but does it get any lower than recruiting a player knowing you'd like to bring her into the office for some personal attention. It's not like he didn't know any better. Just a major embarrassment as CPHS son.

I do agree he deserves forgiveness by people. Also, there are some fine women in basketball. I've been around a few that gotcha saying daaaaam. He was young and kicking his chops at the possibilities. Guy should not have been head coach in the first place and I agree he was given preferential treatment for these jobs.

VN Store

Back