Tyler Summitt Has a New Gig.

1TheCoach1

How does any high school athletic director, or college athlete director for that matter, allow Tyler to coach girls basketball. He has proven he can’t be trusted around the girls he coaches.
Maybe someone figured out that people are human and make mistakes and shouldn't have to serve a life sentence over a mistake. It wasn't like he was having sex with a minor. He at worst cheated on his girlfriend. You think he might have learned his lesson and wants to make up for his mistakes and leave a legacy his mom would be proud of?

creekdipper

Maybe someone figured out that people are human and make mistakes and shouldn't have to serve a life sentence over a mistake. It wasn't like he was having sex with a minor. He at worst cheated on his girlfriend. You think he might have learned his lesson and wants to make up for his mistakes and leave a legacy his mom would be proud of?
I don't think his ex-wife would appreciate being referred to as "his girlfriend."

BowlBrother85

1 star recruit
*Wife... and it's a little more complicated than that considering his position of authority at the time and the many complaints from the other players on the team who felt he had given her preferential treatment. The fact that his wife will also be on the staff makes his hiring viable. Still, you have to wonder how the parents of his high school players will like it. That will matter.

Volfaninfl2

*Wife... and it's a little more complicated than that considering his position of authority at the time and the many complaints from the other players on the team who felt he had given her preferential treatment. The fact that his wife will also be on the staff makes his hiring viable. Still, you have to wonder how the parents of his high school players will like it. That will matter.
According to the article, he is his wife’s assistant.

T_Vol376

Marked on VolNation
Wife... he cheated on his (first) wife.

Weezer

VolNation Dalai Lama
How many Presidents have we had that cheated on their wives? Ultimate position of authority yet it gets forgiven and excused(at least by people of similar political affiliation). Clinton had an affair with an intern, someone he was most definitely in a position of authority over, yet people excuse it, and many still love him. Personally, I hope Tyler keeps his nose clean and makes the most of a second chance.

stlvolsfan

Nope, people would rather throw him away for the rest of his life. I completely agree. He made a mistake, hopefully he’s learned from his mistake.

njvols

How does any high school athletic director, or college athlete director for that matter, allow Tyler to coach girls basketball. He has proven he can’t be trusted around the girls he coaches.
He was like 2-3 years older than her, I think. Doesn't make what he did right, but 21/23 year old kids make alot of mistakes.

jarnol32

I have never been a fan of Tyler, every since he rode mommy’s coattail to a walk on spot on the men’s team, and then a women’s head coaching job. But I have to give him props, he was pulling some pretty hot female basketball players, he had two unicorns on his team and was possibly tagging them both.

Creekdog

Who cares. He has no accomplishment whatsoever and as a high school coach is where he should have started his career. In hindsight that could have had even more tragic consequences. Does anybody on here think he would have ever worn a Vols basketball uniform or gotten the gig at LaTech but for the fact he was Pat's son?

Creekdog

I have never been a fan of Tyler, every since he rode mommy’s coattail to a walk on spot on the men’s team, and then a women’s head coaching job. But I have to give him props, he was pulling some pretty hot female basketball players, he had two unicorns on his team and was possibly tagging them both.
We were writing the same comment almost simultaneously lol. So, I obviously agree.

VN Store

Sponsors