Tyler Baron in the portal (or not)

Exactly...he's a kid. He may be homesick, have a girlfriend he misses at another school. I think the not sitting out a year is causing way more turnover than some mythical NIL bounty.
That's exactly it. These guys aren't getting NIL money, they've just got a window that they didn't have before. Likely, he's just not happy about his Dad leaving the staff.

All you can do is say thanks and wish him good luck.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
That's exactly it. These guys aren't getting NIL money, they've just got a window that they didn't have before. Likely, he's just not happy about his Dad leaving the staff.
Leaving? He got fired, and his son is salty about it.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Agree, this has got to be a NIL deal being offered by another school and he is taking the $. What other reason could he have?
What other reason?

Likes another coach that recruited him more than these who didn't....
Doesn't like the academics at UT....
Broke up with his girlfriend....
Isn't popular with teammates....
Is homesick and can't get away as often as he wants...
Feels like he won't be able to compete well going forward...
Coaches asked him to gain weight and become an interior DL if he wants to keep playing...
Garner is working him harder than he wants to work...
Thinks coaches are too hard on him or biased against him....
Doesn't want to compete at the SEC level with the commitment it requires....
Told he needs to improve or lose PT....
Wants to be closer to family members....
Doesn't like the trainers...
Decided to change majors...
Not where he wants to be academically...
School is too hard....
Wants to keep his major but doesn't like the teachers in the department...

There are probably a million reasons that have nothing at all to do with NIL. In fact, he would be almost certain to get some kind of NIL deal at UT. There's no guarantee that he'll get a P-5 spot much less NIL money when he leaves.

We don’t know what we don’t know, probably never will. I wish him the best of luck. If you can play, the NFL will find you.

GBO!!!

We are going to lose players to the portal every year. The question is can we bring in a better replacement?

Reactions: CSVol
Ugh!

I really liked this guy's development.

Perfect? Of course not but getting better and I like those types.

He would have been one of the building blocks of our defense next year.

Last edited:
This is a surprise. Did notice that his name was called less as the season progressed. Great player. Hopefully we can re-recruit him.

This is disappointing. Easily our most productive DL. Wonder why someone would want to leave given we are on our way up. Maybe they asked him to move positions, or, as others said its an NIL thing. Testing the waters.

VN Store

Back