Ty Simpson to Bama

Anybody notice they moved him to 5 stars the day before BAMA gets him. Really makes you think.

Have you tried googling Ty Simpsons high school stats? You don’t get much of anything. Max preps is a great site that keeps up with that stuff. No problem finding Ewewrs, Howard, Murphy nor Horns stats. But Simpson didn’t lead his team to a state title. He isn’t playing football right now. Yet he earned a fifth star out of nowhere? Bama bump.

Reactions: Wireless1
You didn't answer, substantively, either of my points. All you did was repeat the unsupported claims you had already made. In particular, I'm still waiting for you or anyone else to even attempt to directly address my assertion that if we hired Freeze, and the NCAA then levied even one sanction extra or so much as implied they might, because we had hired him specifically, that they would open themselves up to a lawsuit. Neither you nor anyone else has attempted to address this because you know I'm right.

And if they couldn't get away with levying extra sanctions if we hired him, there is no justifiable reason not to hire him - apart from our boosters not giving enough of a damn to do so.

And turning us down when we offer $6 mil per year does not in any way, shape, or form mean that Campbell would have turned us down if we had offered $10 mil a year, which is what we should have done.
You're not right, you're grasping at some random thoughts that you've convinced yourself that are true. The fact of whether Freeze is clean and rehabilitated is irrelevant, even clean programs such as SC wouldn't touch Freeze, why? Auburn who's never been afraid to lay with dogs wouldn't even talk to Freeze, why? He's not the saving hero you make him out to be, in fact he's an insecure little man on social media with a past that will always follow him and black list him.

Again, Matt Campbell wasn't coming here and that's a fact. You need to stop getting caught up on the message board fantasy, I'll bet you're convinced Gruden was coming here.

Reactions: PNW Huskie
Kid is going to see the offense Heupel puts on the field this season and see that he will be sitting behind two true 5 stars at Bama and change his mind this fall.

Reactions: volcop1
Some interesting quotes from after his commitment.

“I honestly was a lean towards Tennessee through most of the recruiting process, and I would say I thought about going there because of the relationships I had there, and how comfortable I was with the people there,” said Simpson. “Every time I walked up to Neyland Stadium, people screamed my name, I knew a lot of people there, and I knew I would have the chance to be able to help put the in-state school back on the map.

“Things changed though. Different things happened at Tennessee earlier this year, and I knew after praying about it that it wasn’t God’s plan for me to go there.”

“I moved into 2021, and I kept looking at new coaches, I was able to see who won the National Championship, and I kept narrowing things down. I got it down to three, then after eliminating Tennessee, it was down to Alabama and Clemson.”

“I did go back and forth a couple of times, because each is a top program in the country, and I cannot even think of anything bad to say about Clemson. Then you have Alabama — and it is Alabama.

“Clemson is like the Disney World of college football, and I know I could go there and do well, but Alabama is different. When people have the chance to go play at Alabama, their eyes light up and it is just different.

“Tuscaloosa closer to home, they play in big games every week, and in the SEC, it just means more, so Alabama just feels right for me.

“I am already thinking about play for the National Championship, playing for the SEC Championship, and it is just different at Alabama. I will get to play in the Iron Bowl, against Tennessee on the third Saturday in October, and I will be on the big stage every week there.”

“On February 1, I knew it was Alabama for me,” said Simpson. “I looked hard at who I wanted to play for, where I wanted to play at, who I would be playing with, and those types of things to get down to the final schools. I put a lot of thought into it, and I feel best about Alabama.

“Coach Saban told me he will always have the best coaches for me, that he will always put me in the best position, and having those kind of talks with him made me and my family feel great about my future at Alabama.”
God told him to go to Alabama?

Winning culture
Top development
Probably the best coach ever
Championships
Etc

and your really going to hate a kid?

I truly believe if some of you had a son you’d force him to go to Tennessee and that’s just not right.

I personally am not bothered by this...from what I read about him and his quotes....I wasn't sold on fit...yes he is talented. And you dont pass on talent...but CJH seems to be building a team first attitude a togetherness and for me I didnt think Ty fit in...

Good grief. The kid is legit. He made a good choice. Anyone with that talent would make the same call. We need to show some program stability to get kids like this.

Reactions: Brewers
Good grief. The kid is legit. He made a good choice. Anyone with that talent would make the same call. We need to show some program stability to get kids like this.
Gotta win and complete for championships. He talked about playing for championships (sec and national) in the q&a after his announcement. That is what Bama is selling. We can’t compete for championships without some elite talent but we’re not gonna get much elite talent until we look like a championship team. Can’t even count on in-state kids any more. This program is screwed with no way out.

Being totally Honest...Is anyone really surprised by this?

You shouldn't be if you are.

I just can't berate and belittle a kid that has NFL dreams for doing what he thinks is in his best interest of making those dreams come true.

It still hurts that he's not going to be a Vol but it's always been his decision even if we don't like it.

We'll rebuild without him.

VFL...GBO!!!

Truth is the kid didn't come here because the university of Tennessee doesn't have its $hi+ together. The only bright spot for Tennessee football is the fans that support it.

It's like Ainge always says: You may get to the league playing for Saban, but you are usually just a guy, you aren't a elite NFL player.

There are of course exceptions like Derek Henry, but that freak of nature could have played anywhere and still been an NFL super star.

Yes, as a QB I would think hard about Bama. They have a less than stellar track record of QBs sticking in the NFL...especially as a perennial CFP contender. Hell Clemson has put out a good QBs or two....Bama's not close. You're better off working with Cutcliff at Duke than Bama. At the latter you're a system QB......they're not asking you to compete, they're asking you to just never take risks and not to fail. That's not how you develop for the next level.

If the goal is hardware..Bama is a good place to be. If you want to make to the next level.....history says its a bad place to go.

The kid has #1 draft pick NFL aspirations and he knows that Nick Saban and Bama are the surest ticket to get him there. I hate it but I can’t blame him for making that decision.

Recent history says no. Right now Hurts and Tua are in the NFL. Both have huge question marks over their heads. So far Bama is the path to the announcers booth. They aren't known for producing QBs, its not what they do. RB, receivers and anything on D is their forte. They ask their QBs not to screw up....they don't need them to compete, they just don't want a QB screwing it up for the rest of the team. In short, don't JG the game.

Yes, as a QB I would think hard about Bama. They have a less than stellar track record of QBs sticking in the NFL...especially as a perennial CFP contender. Hell Clemson has put out a good QBs or two....Bama's not close. You're better off working with Cutcliff at Duke than Bama. At the latter you're a system QB......they're not asking you to compete, they're asking you to just never take risks and not to fail. That's not how you develop for the next level.

If the goal is hardware..Bama is a good place to be. If you want to make to the next level.....history says its a bad place to go.
They also do have a stellar track record of setting marginal college QBs who are little more than game managing scat backs to be high draft picks and get a big pay day. Bottom line, their QBs get drafted and what they do once that happens is on them.

Recent history says no. Right now Hurts and Tua are in the NFL. Both have huge question marks over their heads. So far Bama is the path to the announcers booth. They aren't known for producing QBs, its not what they do. RB, receivers and anything on D is their forte. They ask their QBs not to screw up....they don't need them to compete, they just don't want a QB screwing it up for the rest of the team. In short, don't JG the game.
Not a popular opinion but both of those dudes are in the Tebow, Manziel category and would not have been drafted near as high as they were without playing on college championship teams.

Now we get to sit back and watch him recruit the rest of the 2022 Tn class to Bama. Especially Nolan who possibly will follow him to Bama along with others if they want them. There’s a bigger picture than just losing Ty. Others will now follow suit. I for one would love to get Horn, Nolan, Hayden and others. But this stings due to the collateral damage it may cause.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Winning culture
Top development
Probably the best coach ever
Championships
Etc

and your really going to hate a kid?

I truly believe if some of you had a son you’d force him to go to Tennessee and that’s just not right.

Yeah cause winning a championship at Bama really means something these days. Lol

VN Store

Back