Ty Simpson to Bama

You don't make decisions based on your lifelong long love. You make decisions based on what's best for your future and at the moment Tennessee hasn’t proven to be that.
Then he should never be able to say the VOLS are his "lifelong Team". It would be different if TN didn't offer and give him the chance at playing for his "lifelong team", but they did and this new regime have proven at previous stops they are a QB friendly offense. If TN was REALLY his "lifelong team" he would have chosen us to help get us back to the top. He chose the easy way out. Bama doesn't have a good track record for QBs in the NFL, ours is actually, although slightly some might say, better.

It would hurt but kids go to college to prepare for a career and right now Bama is one of the best places to go if you want to play in the NFL.

It would always nag at you though. And deep down you’d feel like you had to sell out to make it. At least if you grew up a die hard fan. If you were a casual fan then it probably wouldn’t matter in the end.

1. You can't hire Freeze after opening your program to the NCAA
2. Matt Campbell had zero interest in coming here
I have already debunked "1." above in other posts on here. Here's a recap: He currently is completely, 100%, absolutely, unequivocally free of any and all restrictions from the NCAA; he has been at his current school for three years, said school is not under investigation, and he has had zero infractions at said school; if the NCAA even hinted at rumoring that they might give us even one more fraction of one penalty upon us hiring Freeze, they would open themselves up to a lawsuit. Feel free to rebut this if you have even one legal precedent or law proving otherwise.

You don't know "2." is true any more than I do. If he wasn't offered $10 million a year, we didn't really try. Just as one cannot hire a world-class lawyer for the same money one can hire a guy who advertises on billboards in downtown Nashville, so one cannot hire one of the best football coaches in the country for what the also-rans are making.

This trend has got to stop, so many generational players leaving the state to go to rivals or Clemson....

What a post of compl;ete crap!! Generational players? Really? No. Maybe very good players but generational? Give me a break.

2nd point: When did Clemson become one of Tennessee's rivals? What hookah are you drawing from when you post that?

This trend has got to stop, so many generational players leaving the state to go to rivals or Clemson....

I think this really boils down to lack of stability in the problem with bad hires causes a new coach to have to start over with relationships. Too bad that these kids in the state of Tennessee don't have the same love or passion that kids have in states like Alabama, Georgia or Louisana when those programs were struggling. What's crazy is our new coach is QB friendly and won the Heisman himself.

The truth is this program better commit to a head coach for at least 5 years because '22 is a class that we thought we could load up on instate talent to be a bedrock of this program. Now we're getting off to a slow start.

It’s a back eye for the program and it will be rehashed every time Simpson does well and whoever plays QB for Vols doesn’t. It will probably cost us other in state guys that we want because they see that a self proclaimed fan whose dad works for the UT system as a football coach gave us the brush off. Then there’s the distinct likelihood that Simpson is better than anyone on our roster and anyone else we will sign at QB for the next few years. Other than that, it’s not much of a loss.

Pruitt should've never been hired. This is the collateral damage. We should've had the TE from Hardin County as well. Those kids weren't necessarily tied to the Pruitt staff but whoever would've been the Vols coach. Losing the coach and the mess in the aftermath undermines the program.

He is not a UT Fan based on his decision.. if you're a Vol fan you come no matter what.
Seriously! Who is the last UT QB to be drafted and performed in the NFL? Bama has Tua, and Mac Jones as 1st rounders, and Hurts (to some degree after a few starts in Philly). Being a fan of a team and generational wealth are polar opposites.

I have already debunked "1." above in other posts on here. Here's a recap: He currently is completely, 100%, absolutely, unequivocally free of any and all restrictions from the NCAA; he has been at his current school for three years, said school is not under investigation, and he has had zero infractions at said school; if the NCAA even hinted at rumoring that they might give us even one more fraction of one penalty upon us hiring Freeze, they would open themselves up to a lawsuit. Feel free to rebut this if you have even one legal precedent or law proving otherwise.

You don't know "2." is true any more than I do. If he wasn't offered $10 million a year, we didn't really try. Just as one cannot hire a world-class lawyer for the same money one can hire a guy who advertises on billboards in downtown Nashville, so one cannot hire one of the best football coaches in the country for what the also-rans are making.
Again, you cannot hire Hugh Freeze after inviting the NCAA on to your campus. Regardless of his time at Liberty his time at Ole Miss will always follow him. Tennessee could have made that hire had it not opened an investigation which had zero to do with boosters.

It has been said several times by people who would know that Matt Campbell is holding out for the Michigan job. He told Texas no and he sure as hell wasn't coming here.

Get out of fantasy land

Reactions: dlravol2
Can't blame him, it's understandable. But beware, Bama from my recent history isn't putting out QBs that stick. Tua is a question mark, and so is Hurts. Seems it's a pretty good track to the announcers booth if you ask me. You'll probably get the hardware, but so far you're not getting enough development for the next level.

Last edited:
Reactions: norrislakevol
Again, you cannot hire Hugh Freeze after inviting the NCAA on to your campus. Regardless of his time at Liberty his time at Ole Miss will always follow him. Tennessee could have made that hire had it not opened an investigation which had zero to do with boosters.

It has been said several times by people who would know that Matt Campbell is holding out for the Michigan job. He told Texas no and he sure as hell wasn't coming here.

Get out of fantasy land
You didn't answer, substantively, either of my points. All you did was repeat the unsupported claims you had already made. In particular, I'm still waiting for you or anyone else to even attempt to directly address my assertion that if we hired Freeze, and the NCAA then levied even one sanction extra or so much as implied they might, because we had hired him specifically, that they would open themselves up to a lawsuit. Neither you nor anyone else has attempted to address this because you know I'm right.

And if they couldn't get away with levying extra sanctions if we hired him, there is no justifiable reason not to hire him - apart from our boosters not giving enough of a damn to do so.

And turning us down when we offer $6 mil per year does not in any way, shape, or form mean that Campbell would have turned us down if we had offered $10 mil a year, which is what we should have done.

I'm telling you he may have all the tools but he has not faced any of the competition he is about to and it will be a culture shock. Bailey, Salter and hopefully if we get Horn have all faced competition in high school that Simpson has not and they will not have as much of a learning curve speed and talent wise. He will be a 2 or 3 year project no matter where he winds up. Playing 3A in Tenn is a long way from 6A in Texas and 7A in Ga. and it will show.

This all day...

Can't blame him, it's understandable. But beware, Bama from my recent history isn't putting out QBs that stick. Tua is a question mark, and so is the kid in Philly. Seems it's a pretty good track to the announcers booth if you ask me. You'll probably get the hardware, but so far you're not getting enough development for the next level.

It's like Ainge always says: You may get to the league playing for Saban, but you are usually just a guy, you aren't a elite NFL player.

There are of course exceptions like Derek Henry, but that freak of nature could have played anywhere and still been an NFL super star.

Reactions: nomads-11

VN Store

Back