'22 TX WR Evan Stewart (Oregon)

In terms of his ability to get separation and gain yards after the catch, there’s probably not much difference between Nimrod and Stewart. It’s his hall skills that set him apart. He’s like Jennings in that regard. If the ball is close to him you know he’s going to catch it. We don’t have a guy like that on our roster.

Not after Bru got hurt. Squirrel is pretty close.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not after Bru got hurt. Squirrel is pretty close.
Squirrel had some huge drops at the end of the season that IMO contributed to our poor play down the stretch. There was plenty of blame to go around but his drops in the GA and MIZ games were momentum killers.

If we land Stewart this room will be loaded and I suspect some of the current guys will become odd man out.

I'm pretty sure we would be unguardable.

Bru is already somebody that can't be stopped with one person.

Squirrel is as good a slot as anybody.

Staes and Davis have a world of potential.

Brazzell looks like a stud. Thornton is coming on and another matchup nightmare with his speed and size.

Someone's open on every play, if not flip it to Smapson or Seldon, or Nico tucks it and runs it.

Behind that veteran offensive line?

Get Crunk it dat bish!
I would have to think that UGA can get it done with the talent they've amassed. Don't know what it is with our current crop of WRs. They certainly don't have Hyatt's speed. Tillman was just such a long, physical specimen that it made him difficult to defend for most corners not wearing UGA red. We just need some pop at that position. Matthews might be capable, but you never know with a freshmen. One thing that keeps haunting me with him is that several top programs were after him as a safety and not a WR. If he's that special as a WR, why would any team be looking at him for defense? Maybe he's just not polished and will need some time? Dunno, but when you look at the top wideouts, there aren't any teams going into their living rooms talking about playing safety, but I digress. This team's offense NEEDS guys who can stretch the field and stress a defense. We need speed. Guess you can apply that to every position not on the lines of scrimmage, but it's especially true for our offense at WR. Don't know if Brazzell is a burner, but after Thornton's hype last year and what we got, I'll not jump the gun on any portal guy we bring in until we see them work in this conference.

Any word on Bru coming back? I would imagine he would have had to tell Heupel something by now.
Where's he going? His odds with the NFL aren't great right now. With his injury/surgery, I can't see him being back by spring ball. Probably by fall, but what will he look like? How long will it take him to round back into form? I'm not saying abandon him, but I do think you have to prepare to go another direction until he shows he's back and ready. He'd be icing on the cake for me. I'd definitely hit the portal for a replacement for his spot. Unless someone else pops into the portal in the next week or so, Stewart looks like the guy that best fits our offense. Might not be the blocker that Bru was or that clutch possession receiver, but if Nico is all he's hyped to be, I think Stewart is a bigger piece to our puzzle than Bru.

Reactions: Sevierville vol
I think Stewart is a slot guy, not outside so it would not affect Bru. I do think he would be an upgrade over Squirrel in the slot. One of the 2 freshman will probably be slot guys too.

They also tried Thornton at the slot which didn't work. Having said that, if this staff is putting WRs on the field that pushes White to the bench, then we're doing one helluva job in elevating the talent in that room.
Well, you’d be pushing White to the Portal.

If that’s the case, I wouldn’t touch Stewart. If Evan is fine playing outside, then take him.

Squirrel > Stewart. If I have to pull this seasons stats I will.

VN: let’s not replace Bru or Donte, let’s get Stewart and replace our best WR, Squirrel.

Only on this website
Stewart plays the slot so I guess the other option is to not recruit him. You want the best players or not??

Sorry just saw your post to not recruit Stewart if it means cutting ties with Squirrel.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Tell Bru to go

Start Stewart / Squirrel / Brazzell or whoever

Don’t trust Bru’s injury, he could get hurt week 1 and we’d be ****ed
Stewart and Squirrel are both lighter, less physical WRs. You need someone physical on the outside in this offense. You can’t just put Stewart outside and expect it to work. Even if Stewart comes to UT, I highly doubt he and Squirrel both start. Brazzell, Bru, Thornton, Webb, and Nimrod would compete for the two outside slots.

Stewart and Squirrel are both lighter, less physical WRs. You need someone physical on the outside in this offense. You can’t just put Stewart outside and expect it to work. Even if Stewart comes to UT, I highly doubt he and Squirrel both start. Brazzell, Bru, Thornton, Webb, and Nimrod would compete for the two outside slots.
THIS^^^. In this offense the outside guys have to be able to block the number of screens we run. Stewart and Squirrel would get ate up on the outside. The lose of Bru really hurt us because of hi physicallity and his ability to block for the screens that set up the big plays.

VN: let’s not replace Bru or Donte, let’s get Stewart and replace our best WR, Squirrel.

Only on this website
Um…you’re advocating replacing Bru with a guy who doesn’t play Bru’s position. Every WR position is not the same, requiring the same skill set. Just ask Donte Thornton. Of course, we have people on this board who think every WR position is the same, just like every DL position is the same just like every DB position is the same…🙄

Um…you’re advocating replacing Bru with a guy who doesn’t play Bru’s position. Every WR position is not the same, requiring the same skill set. Just ask Donte Thornton. Of course, we have people on this board who think every WR position is the same, just like every DL position is the same just like every DB position is the same…🙄
I’m advocating replacing Bru in general due to his injury.

VN Store

Back