'22 TX WR Evan Stewart (Oregon)

Probably. Any WR on this team can. When people phrase questions, “simple yes or no,” it’s because they want to remove context and nuance from the equation in order to force an agenda. Even so, your question is irrelevant in a conversation about playing someone out of position.

Do you think receiving yards are the only thing an outside WR is responsible for in this offense? “Simple yes or no question.”

It’ll be interesting to see which way the target moves this time.
Probably isn’t yes or no. But I’ll take your probably as a yes, if so, thank you for finally agreeing with me. Put him on the outside, keep everyone happy. Thanks for playing.

You assume Bru is the only one that blocks, you’re also implying this kid can’t block. Way to try to make it fit your argument. It’s okay to lose

Probably isn’t yes or no. But I’ll take your probably as a yes, if so, thank you for finally agreeing with me. Put him on the outside, keep everyone happy. Thanks for playing.

You assume Bru is the only one that blocks, you’re also implying this kid can’t block. Way to try to make it fit your argument. It’s okay to lose
Why does 300 receiving yards keep people happy? Especially since Bru can get much more than that AND play the actual position. Yes, I do know Bru blocks MUCH better than Stewart. That’s not “making it fit my argument.” Reality fits my argument.

They play different positions. There’s a reason for that. Hell, put him at Left Guard, since you just wanna get him on the field. Are you going to assume he can’t play left guard? That’s just “fitting your argument.” We’re far less solidified there than at Outside WR if Bru returns.

You’re making some really weird arguments. Are you drinking already?

Not to sound like a negavol, because I’d love to see us land Stewart – he could be a game changer at receiver. But, I have a really good friend that’s an Aggie alum and according to their boards there’s not a lot of Aggie fans or players, including QB Connor Weigman, that are sad to see him go. Rumors are he was a problem in the locker room. But then again they’re saying the same thing about Walter Nolan. So, who knows? Maybe it’s just all sour grapes because they want to leave. I just don’t want to see someone with all the talent in the world ruin the locker room chemistry like Kelly Washington did back in the day. But everything I’ve read says Heup only goes after high-character guys, so if he wants Stewart I trust his judgment.

Correct. He also took himself out of the last four games this year. This portal stuff may also just be him looking for a raise from an ATM program that is desperate for wins right now.

You’re higher than your meth dealer. 😏
Lol as of right now:

1. Squirrel
2. Bru
3. Brazzell
4. Matthews
5. Nimrod
6. Thornton

WR4 is his ceiling at the moment. I put Nimrod ahead of him because I saw Nimrod run some routes and make some catches this year that are absolutely required of our outside guys that Thornton ain’t making.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Is Evan better than Squirrel, when I say that, I mean do you want one year of Evan or two more of Squirrel? I’ll take 2 more of squirrel.

You can make an arguement that Squirrel is a better WR, take a look at the stats from this season, pretty comparable. So would you replace a 2yr guy with a 1yr guy that’s very close?

No, I would take him contingent upon if he is fine playing outside. If he is only gonna be here one year anyways, then put him outside let him get his 400+ yards and send him off to the NFL, meanwhile you get Squirrel back for the 2025 season
I thought Stewart just wrapped up his freshman year? He's a junior?

Reactions: wmcovol
Not to sound like a negavol, because I’d love to see us land Stewart – he could be a game changer at receiver. But, I have a really good friend that’s an Aggie alum and according to their boards there’s not a lot of Aggie fans or players, including QB Connor Weigman, that are sad to see him go. Rumors are he was a problem in the locker room. But then again they’re saying the same thing about Walter Nolan. So, who knows? Maybe it’s just all sour grapes because they want to leave. I just don’t want to see someone with all the talent in the world ruin the locker room chemistry like Kelly Washington did back in the day. But everything I’ve read says Heup only goes after high-character guys, so if he wants Stewart I trust his judgment.
Welp, that's a splash of ice cold water to the face. Guess we just have to trust the staff to make the right choices for this program and not chase the shiny objects that this old fan apparemtly does.

Correct. He also took himself out of the last four games this year. This portal stuff may also just be him looking for a raise from an ATM program that is desperate for wins right now.
Who took himself out of the last 4 games? Nolan or Stewart?

Reactions: VolNash17
To the ones that don’t think Evan Stewart can play outside.

Look at the Vikings roster. All their starting WRs are 6’1 and shorter.

Thank you all for playing the game and losing.

Don't disagree, but if this dude quit on his team for the portal, I'm out on that kind of guy. Doing it for a bowl game and your draft stock is bad enough, but to walk away mid season? Nah, that's a bridge too far for me.

So was Hines Ward, the best blocking WR of all-time. Sadly for your bizarre attempt at an argument, no one attempted to argue that height makes Stewart and bad blocker.

His position is slot. That’s because his skill set matches with that position. It really is that simple. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you no longer have to resort to pathetic attempts at declaring yourself the winner of a debate you’ve argued bizarrely.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
So was Hines Ward, the best blocking WR of all-time. Sadly for your bizarre attempt at an argument, no one attempted to argue that height makes Stewart and bad blocker.

His position is slot. That’s because his skill set matches with that position. It really is that simple. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you no longer have to resort to pathetic attempts at declaring yourself the winner of a debate you’ve argued bizarrely.

MOST OF THE VIKINGS WRs SKILLSET TRANSLATE BEST TO THE SLOT, BUT GUESS WHAT MONGOLOID? THEY STILL PLAY THEM, WHY? IT GIVES THEM THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN. IM NOT ARGUING HIS BLOCKING, IM ARGUING HE CAN PLAY OUTSIDE

The sooner you get that through your head, the better.

What matters where he would help the team the most and that’s outside. I don’t give a **** where it helps Evan the most, not about him. Him replacing squirrel in the slot, doesn’t help the team. Him replacing an injured Bru and keeping Squirrel, helps the team.

Do I need to ****ing draw it for you

Lol as of right now:

1. Squirrel
2. Bru
3. Brazzell
4. Matthews
5. Nimrod
6. Thornton

WR4 is his ceiling at the moment. I put Nimrod ahead of him because I saw Nimrod run some routes and make some catches this year that are absolutely required of our outside guys that Thornton ain’t making.
You have Matthews and Nimrod too high in the order imo, and that’s not factoring the uncertainty of Bru’s status. You write a book based on “some routes” and “some catches”, then you need to write a believable ending.

You have Matthews and Nimrod too high in the order imo, and that’s not factoring the uncertainty of Bru’s status. You write a book based on “some routes” and “some catches”, then you need to write a believable ending.
Then what are you writing Thorntons book on? You have to paint a fairy tale of potential and practice reports. Thorntons worth right now is not off of 220 yds and 1 TD of production in 10 games played it’s purely off his potential which he hasn’t lived up to in 3 yrs in college. Matthews is based off potential which IMO is higher than Thorntons and he has 4 years to capitalize on that vs. Thorntons 1. And Nimrod (RS-Frosh) was better in his time that he played vs. Thornton (JR).

Reactions: bpalmer28
Then what are you writing Thorntons book on? You have to paint a fairy tale of potential and practice reports. Thorntons worth right now is not off of 220 yds and 1 TD of production in 10 games played it’s purely off his potential which he hasn’t lived up to in 3 yrs in college. Matthews is based off potential which IMO is higher than Thorntons and he has 4 years to capitalize on that vs. Thorntons 1. And Nimrod (RS-Frosh) was better in his time that he played vs. Thornton (JR).
Yeah. At some point people have to shift the basis of their expectations from HS recruiting rankings to actual production at the college level. Sometimes kids don’t love the game enough to live up to their potential.

If we bring in Stewart and keep McCoy that room is going to be very interesting unless we have some departures. Stewart is a slot guy, what message does that send to squirrel? Is Stewart a willing blocker? Our outside guys have to be very able blockers. If they bring in Stewart I think it will be because the writing is on the wall that McCoy is gone. If not could we see Squirrel hit the portal market?

I believe we will see 2 out of 3 in Webb/Nimrod/Leacock hit the portal between the bowl game and the summer regardless. If you bring in Stewart and Squirrel hits the market you have just decimated your future in that room and will be reliant on the transfer portal again to fill gaps for the next couple of years and hope you really hit on your HS recruiting.
I think it's possible you only lose 2 if Bru is 100% and we got Stewart. Webb or nimrod and white. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but there's gonna be done questions to answer for sure and we won't be able to make everyone happy. And I'm not convinced thorton is a sure thing as a starter either.

At the end of the day, we're making assumptions about pecking order. As we sit right now the competition to get in to that top 4-5 in the rotation should be really good.

Brazzel, thorton, Bru, keyton all outside guys.

Everybody else I think can go inside or out... With squirrel or Stewart primarily inside.

Reactions: Smokey'sHandler
You're willingly disingenuous because you are refusing to acknowledge Thornton's uptick in production when moving outside.

You know who he started over when he moved outside? Webb and Nimrod. You know who he produced more than? Webb and Nimrod.

I think it's possible you only lose 2 if Bru is 100% and we got Stewart. Webb or nimrod and white. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but there's gonna be done questions to answer for sure and we won't be able to make everyone happy. And I'm not convinced thorton is a sure thing as a starter either.

At the end of the day, we're making assumptions about pecking order. As we sit right now the competition to get in to that top 4-5 in the rotation should be really good.

Brazzel, thorton, Bru, keyton all outside guys.

Everybody else I think can go inside or out... With squirrel or Stewart primarily inside.
Thorn*ton

Keyton is out of eligibility.

Squirrel had some huge drops at the end of the season that IMO contributed to our poor play down the stretch. There was plenty of blame to go around but his drops in the GA and MIZ games were momentum killers.

If we land Stewart this room will be loaded and I suspect some of the current guys will become odd man out.
Wonder how many drops there will be next year with more feathered passes Instead of bullets?

141C83F0-8153-4889-8720-B286895331B9.gif

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back