'22 TX WR Evan Stewart (Oregon)

I really hope you are right. To be fair. Hyatt still struggled with man to man in his final season. UGA locked him down and so did South Carolina.
As true as that is, and I was a big proponent of Hyatt being somewhat overrated back then. It has shown he was a huge part of the offense and a rare talent. He is proving that to some extent in the NFL. He is a very specialized player who fits in a role but fits it perfectly. We need a guy like that in this offense to make it more potent.

You get Stewart within the confines of your NIL structure you don’t go outside it. Think people forget how much we have coming if Bru comes back. Also squirill as a second or third option will be way more effective

If Bru comes back, that helps. But he is also returning from a pretty gruesome injury so we have no idea how effective he’ll be. I’m also not sure Bru is a #1. He was extremely effective when we had Hyatt. I think we can definitely make do with what we have at WR next year while some of the younger guys mature, I’m just saying if an opportunity does present itself you don’t hesitate to make it happen even if it means Webb or Nimrod leave.

Not super concerned with the WR’s and I don’t think Brazzell is getting quite the excitement he deserves.

I think Golesh did a better job getting guys open then Halzle has shown, but Golesh had Hooker. Nico should elevate the WR room.

Not super concerned with the WR’s and I don’t think Brazzell is getting quite the excitement he deserves.

I think Golesh did a better job getting guys open then Halzle has shown, but Golesh had Hooker. Nico should elevate the WR room.
Hooker was good, but people don't realize the impact that Hyatt had on that offense. We were really mediocre before Hyatt broke out and that only happened cause Cedric got hurt.

I was watching the Pitt game and Hyatt was constantly open. For whatever reason, Hooker would not look for him. Super frustrating.

Hyatt was so fast, he was almost always open and that's what created so many explosive plays. Ced was a good 50/50 as was Bru. We don't really have any of that right now. White does ok, but we're really missing that speed guy who is always open or a guy who can catch it while covered up.

All season we've struggled to get open or just catch balls. Part of that is playcalling/wr routes too though, but wr is a concern or should be.

Hooker was good, but people don't realize the impact that Hyatt had on that offense. We were really mediocre before Hyatt broke out and that only happened cause Cedric got hurt.

I was watching the Pitt game and Hyatt was constantly open. For whatever reason, Hooker would not look for him. Super frustrating.

Hyatt was so fast, he was almost always open and that's what created so many explosive plays. Ced was a good 50/50 as was Bru. We don't really have any of that right now. White does ok, but we're really missing that speed guy who is always open or a guy who can catch it while covered up.

All season we've struggled to get open or just catch balls. Part of that is playcalling/wr routes too though, but wr is a concern or should be.

Hooker did it without Hyatt in 2021, too. Just a damn good QB. But yes, Hyatt did elevate the offense.

I think Squirrel could be used in a similar way if he puts on more weight.

I think the big bodied guys in Thornton and Brazzell actually post really good numbers next year.

If Bru comes back, that helps. But he is also returning from a pretty gruesome injury so we have no idea how effective he’ll be. I’m also not sure Bru is a #1. He was extremely effective when we had Hyatt. I think we can definitely make do with what we have at WR next year while some of the younger guys mature, I’m just saying if an opportunity does present itself you don’t hesitate to make it happen even if it means Webb or Nimrod leave.
Bru's game was never built around speed or crazy cuts so the injury will have less effect on him than it would someone like say Squirrel or Thornton. He is a possession, chain move, blocker type. I think he will be fine.

Bru's game was never built around speed or crazy cuts so the injury will have less effect on him than it would someone like say Squirrel or Thornton. He is a possession, chain move, blocker type. I think he will be fine.
We had a good guy who was #15 back in the day who wasn't the fastest 😏

Reactions: barrylee
Hooker did it without Hyatt in 2021, too. Just a damn good QB. But yes, Hyatt did elevate the offense.

I think Squirrel could be used in a similar way if he puts on more weight.

I think the big bodied guys in Thornton and Brazzell actually post really good numbers next year.
Squirrel is not that much smaller than Hyatt was.. Size is almost irrelevant as Hyatt proved because the scheme gets you open. They stacked him a lot behind Tillman, Keyton, Bru so he wasn't fighting through jams off the line. The difference between them is straight line speed. Squirrel is more twitchy/quick Hyatt was pure straight-line speed and acceleration.

I do think Thornton is the x-factor. If we have enough guys to force the guys to rotate WR's we are in good shape. Seeing the results of this year has lead me to firmly believe that not rotating WR's is about lack of depth than it is a plan by the coaches. I think they don't feel like we are 2 deep at the position and only play depth guys if they have to. With Brazell, Matthews and Staley coming if we also get Bru back and they bring another guy in I think that changes a lot. We become legit 2 deep at WR all 3 positions because Nimrod and Webb have proven themselves as solid rotational guys at the very least. Maybe we even start going 4 wide some?

just saw on X that someone said we've moved on from Stewart... I sure hope that is BS... will be concerning if we are in fact not continuing to pursue IMO. You have a top tier WR out there that is at least interested in us, we have some unproven talent at WR and could definitely use this talent next season to help the team and Nico... seems like a no-brainer.

VN Store

Back