'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

YES. I have always wanted to see more carries from him. Especially on jet sweeps. He has been sneaky productive when actually given the ball.

A mere 38 carries over 2017 and 2018, but 251 yards. That is 6.6 yards per carry...granted against middle-lower competition...but even against top comp he was decent.

I suggested once that "sneaky" is why he's had great results, still think it's possible.
We'll throw him in on passing plays until they almost stop paying attention, then toss it to him when they're lulled.

Maybe that's wrong but not sure it would work as well if they were watching for him.

So I've been out of the loop for a while because I work so damn much lately. Why is Evans considered a "head case". What did I miss?

He was suspended for 2 games at the beginning of his Sr year of high school (not sure why).
But was also sent home from the state championship for refusing to turn his cell phone over to coaches.
Neither concern me much tbh.

Little more interested in his commitment announcement..or lack of. By the UA game, he had already submitted his NLI to Ga and no one knew. May be nothing*
Hardy just has me skittish over the lack of informing.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He was suspended for 2 games at the beginning of his Sr year of high school (not sure why).
But was also sent home from the state championship for refusing to turn his cell phone over to coaches.
Neither concern me much tbh.

Little more interested in his commitment announcement..or lack of. By the UA game, he had already submitted his NLI to Ga and no one knew. May be nothing*
Hardy just has me skittish over the lack of informing.
AV has also mentioned some issues during his recruiting visits iirc, but didn't make it out to be anything the staff couldn't rein in.

So I've been out of the loop for a while because I work so damn much lately. Why is Evans considered a "head case". What did I miss?
Because he got into it with his hs coach which led to Ga running him off last minute and now he's taking his time to figure out what he wants to do.

Reactions: BallinVol
Chandler, Jordan and Gray are enough for me but I’m greedy and want Evans too
That’s what I’m saying we need talent. A lot of those players named aren’t true RBs. Gray is the only one that looks like he may be a great one. Chandler and Jordan are decent

He does run angry. If they could somehow correct the fumbling, I think we'd be onto something with him.
That is what I have been stating for a long time. He is better than Chandler and Jordan. I’m not sold on Gray yet. I’m not sure Gray can be an every down back and is probably just a change of pace guy with homerun potential.

That is what I have been stating for a long time. He is better than Chandler and Jordan. I’m not sold on Gray yet. I’m not sure Gray can be an every down back and is probably just a change of pace guy with homerun potential.

Potential is one thing but putting him ahead of every back with better production?

Reactions: Devo182
I would love to land the kid but at this point I don’t care unless he lands with a East rival.
Was it the VR2 guy that said he gave this class an A+, then Brandon said its an A bc we missed on the LSU Def end...

dude then said he agreed. 😬 def an A.

i like the show, enjoy the effort, buuuut...

I think he has the potential to be an every down back. Body is not there yet. If he can get stronger then I certainly think he can be an every down back.

Oh, ok.
Threw me off when you said "he is better" instead of could be or something similar.
Well in my opinion he is better than Chandler and Jordan based on some of the physical runs he made at the beginning of his freshman year. I’m not a big fan of Jordan or Chandler. It is true that Banks does not have a large database of carries to make a thorough analysis.

VN Store

Back