'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I’ve said the opposite for a decade.
Well, the state of Texas hasn't been too kind to us over that decade. Tons of talent to be had, but the best of it tends to stay home, or at least regional (Oklahoma, LSU, etc). We have had more success in California over the past 20 years than we have in Texas, it seems like.

Well, the state of Texas hasn't been too kind to us over that decade. Tons of talent to be had, but the best of it tends to stay home, or at least regional (Oklahoma, LSU, etc). We have had more success in California over the past 20 years than we have in Texas, it seems like.
Texas is closer and there are droves of Tennessee born down here. Kick the tires...doesn’t cost any more.

Texas is closer and there are droves of Tennessee born down here. Kick the tires...doesn’t cost any more.
I'm honestly shocked we've not had anymore success than we have. It just rarely seems to materialize for whatever reason.

He left cause he felt he should have been the starter over Hardesty, but was beat out in Spring ball.

DeMo and to a much lesser extent Corey Campbell are the only two Texans that have really contributed in my recollection. Greg Barum should have been a beast but I'm not sure what happened there. UT has had really bad luck with kids from there.

DeMo and to a much lesser extent Corey Campbell are the only two Texans that have really contributed in my recollection. Greg Barum should have been a beast but I'm not sure what happened there. UT has had really bad luck with kids from there.

Jason Parker from TX IIRC...dude was a beast at safety, could definitely blow people up but poor in pass coverage.

Much more success in Okla with Ray Austin, Marcus Nash, Jonathan Brown, and Meachem. That well dried up a long time ago.

Its always going to be hard get kids away from down here...especially with Texas, A&M, OU, Baylor recruits good as well. That doesn't mean we should stop trying

Texas is QB heaven. Guys been playing 7 on 7 for 6 years by the time they graduate, the state produces guys that can throw, probably more underrated guys in that state than any other

Yet Texas hasnt has a good QB in years...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Ladarious McNeil from Lancaster.

VN Store

Back