'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Felt the need to add something very important to this thread: I have no inside information about this particular player or his situation but historically it is difficult to get players to leave Texas for college so........doubt we got any chance on him, need to move on, wasting our time! I think I did that right. I know what you are saying about that insight and "you are welcome" it's the least I can do to improve the discourse.

Reactions: drvenner
Having had a chance to reflect on the issue a little bit I might add one other name. Eric Dickerson. Coming out of high school he was considered an unprecedented phenomenon. He came from a high school that was an every other year opponent for my high school (but I was long gone by then). It was a big shock when he signed with SMU instead of Texas or Arkansas or Oklahoma which dominated Texas recruiting at that time. it wasn't long before "the rest of the story" was told.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Felt the need to add something very important to this thread: I have no inside information about this particular player or his situation but historically it is difficult to get players to leave Texas for college so........doubt we got any chance on him, need to move on, wasting our time! I think I did that right. I know what you are saying about that insight and "you are welcome" it's the least I can do to improve the discourse.
We have 10 coaches all of whom are expected to spend at least 50% of their time in recruiting, so they have the time. Who is to make the determination that time is being wasted in recruiting?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We have 10 coaches all of whom are expected to spend at least 50% of their time in recruiting, so they have the time. Who is to make the determination that time is being wasted in recruiting?
You need to calibrate your blue font detector.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Why does everyone think Jay Graham is leaving A&M? Any substantial info other than rumors? (Like actual news stories)?

Nothing I’m hearing on the A&M boards.

Why does everyone think Jay Graham is leaving A&M? Any substantial info other than rumors? (Like actual news stories)?

Not being an arse, but you do know we typically get breaking news on here WAY before the “actual news” reports on it.

Atlanta Vol is our genesis of provavcation and he is for real.

Reactions: T Dog
I don't know if Texas will ultimately land him but if they don't it won't be for a lack of trying. They are painfully thin at the position right now, with only one real quality RB returning from last year. They only took one true RB in the 2019 class after missing out on Noah Cain and Trey Sanders, and that kid had a stroke after signing day so it is not clear if he will ever return to football. They will probably try to find another grad transfer for the 2019 season, and are talking about converting an incoming 2019 WR/ATH to RB as well, but Zac Evans is going to be at the very top of their target list for 2020.

Thought I heard Swain say Jay Graham's contract has not been renewed at A&M. Something like that.
He and several other assistants worked 2018 on a general understanding. Handshake binding stuff.

Idk that there's any substance to it. Just he fits a lot of criteria Pruitt seems to look for in a coach and we still have some rumors floating around about a couple of offensive coaches potentially leaving and still have a hole at ST coach. Graham is a former Vol, has relationships with Pruitt and Fulmer, also has ST coaching experience as well as RB coaching and it an elite recruiter. Weinke kind of underachieved this year on the recruiting front and we have that void at STs.

Reactions: kennedy262
I don't know if Texas will ultimately land him but if they don't it won't be for a lack of trying. They are painfully thin at the position right now, with only one real quality RB returning from last year. They only took one true RB in the 2019 class after missing out on Noah Cain and Trey Sanders, and that kid had a stroke after signing day so it is not clear if he will ever return to football. They will probably try to find another grad transfer for the 2019 season, and are talking about converting an incoming 2019 WR/ATH to RB as well, but Zac Evans is going to be at the very top of their target list for 2020.
Oh crap. terrible stuff that, wish him the best and quick recovery.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Easy to be wrong in recruiting. Whether or not we get Graham I don't think anyone knows for sure but I do absolutely believe Pruitt has or will extend him an offer. He just fills so many needs on this staff.

**** man. speak for yourself, i've been following recruiting for 20 years; have an entire hard drive full of stat sheets - check my stats (slight dropoff after 2000).

Oh! the BTF Sports Almanac shtick still gets me after all these years. I still laugh at Conan's Year 2000 shtick.

C0A41D90-3883-4094-A21D-87182F0B9462.jpeg

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Be surprised if this kid leaves his state, tons of pressure to stay home and he’s leaning that way as of now.

Be surprised if this kid leaves his state, tons of pressure to stay home and he’s leaning that way as of now.
Texas does have this state pride where they consider themselves a separate nation in a way. It's harder to pull elite kids out of there IMO than probably anywhere else.

VN Store

Back