TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

He looked good but his receivers were awful. It’s almost like they were told to let the ball hit them in the hands and purposefully drop the ball.
Went back and watched it and he didn't do quite as bad as I originally thought he did. Half of the bad missed catches were on the receivers. I started watching it last night when he threw like 3 consecutive throws behind the receiver. I also didn't see any other QB's throw so had nothing to base it off of.

@GojiraVol17 it's ok to have differing opinions. I'm sorry I'm not a sunshine pumper. But I give credit where credit is due. As I said I went back and watched it and it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Entered the video feed late.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
Kyler Murray, Johnny Manzell, Baker Mayfield were all really good college quarterbacks and were on the small size.
There are a couple QB's who are/were pretty good that is "small." Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, Russel Wilson, Sonny Jurgenson, Len Dawson, Joe Theisman, Mike Vick and Fran Tarkenton. I'm sure there are a few more. At the risk of bringing up hurtful memories. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Reminder- Guarantano looked like a generational talent in these camps. Take it with a grain of salt.
It’s a piece of the puzzle. Some guys are better practice players. Fans and services alike should’ve looked to his horrendous HS production to know he wasn’t the real deal or that there should at least be questions about him

He looked good but his receivers were awful. It’s almost like they were told to let the ball hit them in the hands and purposefully drop the ball.

Definitely some drops, but most of them weren't great throws either. He certainly settled in, and his later passes looked much better. They also were all caught.

It’s a piece of the puzzle. Some guys are better practice players. Fans and services alike should’ve looked to his horrendous HS production to know he wasn’t the real deal or that there should at least be questions about him
JG was injured for most of his JR and SR seasons in high school. Still managed to put up an All-American performance against IMG as a senior and Urban Meyer wanted him pretty bad. It wasn't wrong for him to be rated highly. The talent is there. He might not have been a bigtime player, but I think he would have been miles ahead of where he is if he had the benefit of playing in the same system all these years and a better o-line that wasn't getting him killed his first two seasons (o-line did ok last season). JG hasn't turned out like any of us hoped to this point, but he's had a lot of things going against him...to be fair.

It's what he does when the lights come on in Neyland that matters to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but what does it matter how he's ranked or what he does in some camp with no one looking to knock his head off?

There are a couple QB's who are/were pretty good that is "small." Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, Russel Wilson, Sonny Jurgenson, Len Dawson, Joe Theisman, Mike Vick and Fran Tarkenton. I'm sure there are a few more. At the risk of bringing up hurtful memories. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

The main issue that anyone even brings up is in seeing the field well. But Salter is 6'1, not some 5'10 guy. He's just a scant 185, can put on weight like Dobbs did, HB has done, Maurer will do. Not unusual.

This is from yesterday which was day 2...he finished 6th overall on day 2 and was ranked 7th overall so far..don’t know why 247 ranked him lower
If referencing the 247 article above, that is the actual Elite 11's ranking. They posted it on twitter too.

The main issue that anyone even brings up is in seeing the field well. But Salter is 6'1, not some 5'10 guy. He's just a scant 185, can put on weight like Dobbs did, HB has done, Maurer will do. Not unusual.
HB has actually had to drop weight, I believe.

VN Store

Back