TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Clocked a 4

Clocked a 4.6 at the Combine. Like other talented running QBs it’s the quick start/stop speed and vision as well as playing the angles that made him dangerous. A la Steve Young. They wouldn’t be equally explosive at other positions when they don’t have the advantage of plays breaking down and defensive players stretched out.

Which from that same combine, made him clock faster than :
12 WRs
13 TEs
11 RBs
30 Linebackers
Every Olineman
Every Dlineman
Every other QB except Trevor Knight

Against the best of college football that year, that's not too bad. He was fast.

12 WRs
13 TEs
11 RBs
30 Linebackers
Every Olineman
Every Dlineman

Against the best of college football that year, that's not too bad. He was fast.
If Dobbs had been on a better team he would have been so much more hyped by the media.

12 WRs
13 TEs
11 RBs
30 Linebackers
Every Olineman
Every Dlineman

That’s a lot of RB’s and WR’s that he didn’t clock faster than...which was the standard of the argument. There’s a lot of skillset for TE’s other than speed and I don’t see him exploring that position. I’d hope he’d be able to outrun 300 lb+ linemen. Notice I didn’t glimpse a litany of DB’s that his time smoked. Not a slave to 40 times personally. Jerry Rice never clocked better than a 4.6 that I recall and Steve Smith was a 4.7 runt. But “faster than most” was to what I was responding.

Dobbs is a 4.6, and on 247 it says Kaidon is a 4.85. I have no idea where they get those times though unless they got those from their camps.
Dobbs was clocked at 4.8 in high school. Buncha folks claimed Riley Ferguson was the more dangerous dual threat...then reality.

Dobbs is a 4.6, and on 247 it says Kaidon is a 4.85. I have no idea where they get those times though unless they got those from their camps.
As I have said before Kaidon is running relays and long jumping for his high school track team .... he is not running a 4.85 40.

Dobbs was clocked at 4.8 in high school. Buncha folks claimed Riley Ferguson was the more dangerous dual threat...then reality.
Ferguson gets a bad rap because of what transpired here. A tough matchup vs. Dobbs but I would lobby that they both could play and move an offense. After all, when the dust settled
Ferguson had 32 td passes his Junior year, followed by 38 his Senior year including 6 against UCLA. His 4257 passing yards was 3rd in the NCAA and he had games where he threw for
471 yards both against Houston and Central Florida in the championship game. Say what you will, but those are impressive gunslinger numbers. He obviously was not a fit for the Botch offense, but
not exactly a guy that can't play quarterback in college either.

Ferguson gets a bad rap because of what transpired here. A tough matchup vs. Dobbs but I would lobby that they both could play and move an offense. After all, when the dust settled
Ferguson had 32 td passes his Junior year, followed by 38 his Senior year including 6 against UCLA. His 4257 passing yards was 3rd in the NCAA and he had games where he threw for
471 yards both against Houston and Central Florida in the championship game. Say what you will, but those are impressive gunslinger numbers. He obviously was not a fit for the Botch offense, but
not exactly a guy that can't play quarterback in college either.
Where did I claim he couldn’t “play quarterback”? Was referencing those who posted he was an equal or more dangerous runner...back in the day.

Reactions: Kristy*
He started off pretty well on the pro day challenge but had a couple of iffy throws right after. Finished about where every other QB was at. I’d say he probably scored a 37 or 38 but they didn’t say

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS

VN Store

Back