'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

Could be. I meant I’m not expecting him to be a big factor year one
Gotcha. Hopefully he at least gets some playing time and development. I think they'll figure out the O-line for next season barring injury, but who know about 2025. I certainly hope some of the prospects from this class can at least be competing for starting jobs by then.

Could be. I meant I’m not expecting him to be a big factor year one
Not many are, if any, especially on the OLine. People will want to point to those that have played/started as true freshmen; but, just because they've played/started, doesn't mean they were any good.

STOCK ⬆️

Warren is a massive offensive tackle standing at 6-foot-8, 325 pounds. At that size you worry about him having the foot speed to handle elite pass rushers off the edge. Warren answered some of those questions on Saturday, as he won his fair share of reps against the East pass rush.

This one seems to be spot on.

National disrespect for the 2024 Vols starts now:

Just to demonstrate how little knowledge and effort is put into something like the Bleacher Report ranking; is there anyone in the country, including the most delusional Iowa fan that believes that Iowa will be better than Tennessee this coming season?

Looks like this guy's gonna play next year being we can't land anyone in the portal.
Please provide the reasons ALL of the 3 and especially 4 star underclassmen and juco guys with a year or two of development won't be prepared to step in and fill out our line while this guy gets his year or two. Love to have a sexy portal guy if he wants to be here for a value our staff thinks is reasonable, but not going to stress out until at least the end of spring practice when that room gets a chance to MAYBE show why none of them were pushed out the door and we have not hit stupid pricing mode in the portal.

This is the biggest development position in all of college football. Might also explain why our staff/collective have not hit a panic button while a few weak minded agenda driven fans could not resist the urge. Our leadership has information and analysis not available to ANYONE outside the building, including the talking heads. That includes a list of players at other schools in position battles this spring with linkage to staff and players who can be approached if they improve our room at a reasonable value and they are stacked up at other schools.

I am glad they have been kicking the tires with the high profile guys in the portal, but not a bit surprised they have held their efforts to stay within the limits of their risk/reward analysis with each player. Bet they followed the same processes with our portal additions so far and I like all of those. If they see a serious need at the end of spring, with a real solution that fits and they can cost justify in the OL rooms they can deal with it in the May portal. Some of those low star service misses that have developed into players at lower level schools might see us as the best solution. Tulane have any to go with our much coveted 3 star WR? Time will tell, unless some of this current batch rethink their options or offers fall through. Too many internal and external solutions yet to panic and enter snarky mode.

Reactions: 24/7vol
I believe BW will earn some playing time by the end of the year.

He's gonna be good.

real good.

JMHO
He is. But he's also more of a project than some realize. He played in a small private school division in Texas and isn't going to arrive at UT for spring practice. I'd temper expectations for him as a freshman, but he'll be very good by his 2nd or 3rd season. Upside is enormous.

He is. But he's also more of a project than some realize. He played in a small private school division in Texas and isn't going to arrive at UT for spring practice. I'd temper expectations for him as a freshman, but he'll be very good by his 2nd or 3rd season. Upside is enormous.
agreed but almost all hs recruits are projects. Some no position, some new position, small school, big school etc. Some develop quicker than others. Some had shi!! coaching in hs so we shall see on all of them. I hope he does play early not to start but down the line where yr 2 out the gate we go and pencil him in.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back