'20 TX OG Kyree Miller

I'm a recruiting fanatic, as well; that's why I prefer a good class before a "high ranking". Dont need the same people who believe Harrison Bailey is the 219th prospect in the country, 5th best QB, and 25th best prospect in the state of Ga, to tell me whether we do or not. I'll take Jeremy Pruitt's word for it.

Tbf we currently show 469 offers...this isn't like trusting a picky Clemson offer.

Even back to days of griddie, C's & OL - just didnt seem to get the super high rankings. love the get.

Caveat, a lot has changed in 20 years with camps, SM. I'm simply making an old man comment about how things have changed. Kinda like the low key OL get. To me 3* lineman means three yards and a cloud of dust.

sign em up!
Services have stopped giving high rankings to many OL, by their own words. Too much variance. They fill most kids into 4 and 3* range and put weight toward athletic ability, agility, multisport kids, etc.

Yes he definitely will. There is a reason you don’t typically see 370 lb linemen. They have to have some mobility. That’s the reason Cade isn’t playing much for UGA. He can’t move well
Where did you get your information? Cade Mays is playing a lot of snaps, close to full-time and is the one lineman that I believe has taken snaps at both guard and tackle positions. He is probably their most versatile lineman. I watch him specifically whenever Georgia is on TV and the last few games he is starting at RG. He rarely loses on specific plays.

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?

Tell the truth. You had to google that for the exact quote, didn’t you. Lol... underrated movie imo... 👊🏼🙌🏼

Where did you get your information? Cade Mays is playing a lot of snaps, close to full-time and is the one lineman that I believe has taken snaps at both guard and tackle positions. He is probably their most versatile lineman. I watch him specifically whenever Georgia is on TV and the last few games he is starting at RG. He rarely loses on specific plays.
Played TE last week some didn't he?

He moved out in goal line subs. But the entire line has had problems all year getting consistent push against above average competition. Its been the bane of the offense and why it has led to some vanilla game planning.

I look for Chaney to keep on cursing his guts out until he gets an OL that meets his standard.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I believe they did bring in an extra lineman on one 3rd or 4th down short yardage situation and Mays lined up in the TE position. Mays has probably played at least 75% of the offensive snaps this season on a veteran OL group.

Ol Jim promised him free Shoney’s.

All jokes aside, I’m glad we got this kid, man, beast.....wall. Ok ok welcome aboard!
He would have no idea what Shoney’s is. Last one in the DFW area closed down around the time my daughter was born...and she’s older.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
This kid is a project .. we already have enough kids that won't play on ol ... kid from Gibbs. Lampley .. this kid .... but I guess they wanted to take a chance .. and let him loose about 40 pounds in 2 years .. maybe play some as a redshirt Jr ...

This kid is a project .. we already have enough kids that won't play on ol ... kid from Gibbs. Lampley .. this kid .... but I guess they wanted to take a chance .. and let him loose about 40 pounds in 2 years .. maybe play some as a redshirt Jr ...
Being miserable isn’t good for blood pressure.

Great, Tad is back

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Yes that is exactly what UT coaches should want to do. UT ahouldn't want to play freshman and sophomore on the Oline. It shouldn't be normal to have freshman playing on the OLine. UT shouldn't have an offensive lineman playing before 3 years on campus outside the rare expection of a Trey Smith or Wayna Morris who still probably shouldn't of started until their sophomore year.

WTH are you freakin talking about...🤦‍♂️

Yes that is exactly what UT coaches should want to do. UT ahouldn't want to play freshman and sophomore on the Oline. It shouldn't be normal to have freshman playing on the OLine. UT shouldn't have an offensive lineman playing before 3 years on campus outside the rare expection of a Trey Smith or Wayna Morris who still probably shouldn't of started until their sophomore year.
Bingo..

I....do...not...care....anymore...about service rankings...at all.

These guys know what they are doing better than a bunch of geeks, I am 100% sold on that at this point.
“We’ve been doing this a while and don’t really need someone to tell us who to recruit”...Rick Barnes.

Seems like one thing our staff is good at evaluating and the sites seem to miss is that guys who lose a bunch of bad weight will become more athletic with time in the weight room.

Essentially the opposite of the Butch strategy, and the upside is you get guys who are gonna get stronger and more athletic, whereas guys like Tatum that were undersized but athletic put on a bunch of weight but lose the athleticism.
Maybe something to this, but the data and draft research points to the opposite. Athleticism and multisport experience is developed in formative years. And s&c programs are honed in on adding good weight and hefty diets. Not cutting weight.

As to this kid specifically I don't think he's lacking in agility from the tape. Not sure why he lacks offers. We are going after some big dudes, but even Simmons could dunk a dang basketball. HS weight seems to be overvalued by fans, but our staff is getting guys with feet and athleticism, which ultimately helps a lot.

Last edited:
Guys like this and Spraggins get me more excited than five star WRs. You get a physical, nasty Oline and you're going to impose your will on the football field.
You don't need 5* wide receivers if youre just running it down their throats and they can't stop you.

He lacks offers because he was previously over 400lbs. The kid has shown the willingness to lose nearly 50lbs on his own with the goal of losing 30 more. This is why he is a take. He has a mean and nasty disposition on the field, and now he's shown the self motivation to do what it takes to be successful off the field. No inside info here, just stating the obvious from my experiences. So far I haven't heard from anyone that knows this kids story. So I will trust our coaches until proven otherwise.

He lacks offers because he was previously over 400lbs. The kid has shown the willingness to lose nearly 50lbs on his own with the goal of losing 30 more. This is why he is a take. He has a mean and nasty disposition on the field, and now he's shown the self motivation to do what it takes to be successful off the field. No inside info here, just stating the obvious from my experiences. So far I haven't heard from anyone that knows this kids story. So I will trust our coaches until proven otherwise.
Like your theory bigL! Can't imagine how he even moved at 430 lol. At already over halfway down to 330, we may have caught him right before peaking.

VN Store

Back