Two more games cancelled

My question is why didn't basketball start in early November (like normal seasons) so they had flexibility for COVID-19 cases breaking out. This ****ing sucks as we will have less games on our schedule.

Reactions: vols 30 and ColinS
Don't know about you bro, but I ain't lining up for a vaccine that has blown through all it's safety trials and any negative news about it hushed up. Plus they have 100% immunity from any lawsuits. Err.. what could possibly go wrong?
2E8DF422-6CB2-45EC-B7A7-6AC8FFF8DCD5.jpeg
Yes, what could possibly go wrong?
GBO!!

Reactions: walkenvol
The issue is that isn’t allowed...I’m amazed at how many people are undervaluing coaches, thinking these kids should just go off on their own as player coaches.

Geez, no one is saying that.

If the entire coaching staff has It, then of course you can't play.

If one or two of the coaches are negative, they can manage/coach the team for a few games.

If one or two of the coaches are negative, they can manage/coach the team for a few games.
I was saying let anyone from the athletic department be on the bench to supervise and allow the coaching staff to do their jobs remotely like so many folks in our country are doing during this pandemic. Why should our players not be able to play just because CRB and staff can’t be sitting on the bench in person due to being contagious or via contact tracing when the staff could coach remotely with the technology available today.

The NCAA should adapt the rules like the rest of the nation.

Reactions: vols 30

The head coach, at least 2 assistants and multiple support staff/trainers were out from what I gathered...yet you were hollering for them to play.

The head coach, at least 2 assistants and multiple support staff/trainers were out from what I gathered...yet you were hollering for them to play.

And I still am. These young men only have so many games to play. Most won't play beyond this level. If most of the players were negative, then they should've played IMO as long as there was a coach or two that was negative also.

And I still am. These young men only have so many games to play. Most won't play beyond this level. If most of the players were negative, then they should've played IMO as long as there was a coach or two that was negative also.

A negative test result is not a guarantee that those people that were in contact with the positives aren’t actually infected and spreading the virus around. Contact tracing means putting potential carriers into isolation or quarantines.

You’d be the same one bitc*!no if we lost and not wanting to hear excuses about coaches.

Reactions: Stoked
Are we sure Cincy isn’t going to cancel?

I Think Ohio has the no travel rule that requires quarantine after leaving the state and they may not come

I Think Ohio has the no travel rule that requires quarantine after leaving the state and they may not come

Not sure that’s accurate, Ohio colleges have been traveling (football & basketball) and still playing?

If true, that's something that has changed in the last 2 days. Ohio U just played a road game at Illinois on Friday.

It might be something where they can be out of the state for say 48 or 72 hours and not quarantine but any longer and they have to, that’s a thing in some places

VN Store

Back