Two more games cancelled

I just had a coworker return. Otherwise healthy guy. Lost 30 pounds. Was in ICU. Even 3 weeks later he Can only work about half a day and he’s toast. Looks like death.

Reactions: ohhbother
I just had a coworker return. Otherwise healthy guy. Lost 30 pounds. Was in ICU. Even 3 weeks later he Can only work about half a day and he’s toast. Looks like death.
From what all I have heard from some nurses, most people’s lungs are really affected badly by this virus
Brother-in-law actually had double pneumonia from it lost 10% of his lung capacity

It stinks that so many games are being cancelled but Covid spreads so easily and impacts everyone differently. I was NOT hospitalized but missed three weeks of work after having numerous symptoms for two weeks. I had most symptoms and don’t ever recall feeling so bad during my 49 hrs of life and i am in overall good health.

Hopefully we can get the season started and UT can make a deep run this season.

I would say you are doing pretty good for yourself, with the exception of getting Covid within your first 49 hours here.

Last edited:
I would say you are doing pretty good for yourself, with the exception of getting Covid within your first 49 hours here.

I’m very blessed and thankful my family and I recovered.

Not sure what you mean regarding 49 hours?

Sucks that its looking more and more like we'll never get to see (arguably) the most talented basketball team we've ever had. The contact tracing sucks.

Reactions: vols 30
I think that CBS doesn’t make much money on the NCAAT. They spend a fortune buying the broadcast rights and it instead has a lot to do with bragging rights. The local affiliates probably see an advertising windfall but don’t have a whole lot of say in the matter. The NCAA (and the schools) though, they will be in financial dire straights if they miss the revenue in consecutive years. Some venues and cities will suffer too, but since they rotate around few, if any, lose back-to-back years. Dayton loses the First Four.
Pretty sure CBS makes bank from March Madness tho.

What are the odds Tennessee finds some replacement teams to fill out the schedule? Albeit, lesser competition, I would think.
I don't know if that idea is applicable to our situation. The schedule was already filled out, and I imagine our current status is unavailable to compete. If that's the case, there are no makeup games to be had unless the season gets extended.

I don't know if that idea is applicable to our situation. The schedule was already filled out, and I imagine our current status is unavailable to compete. If that's the case, there are no makeup games to be had unless the season gets extended.

it’s possible and was discussed by fulmer last night on vol calls.

You would just jam in a few more OOC games before the SEC schedule started if all goes well with Covid

Reactions: swchandler1988
So we cancel 4 games. Gonzaga has 2 players and a staff member test positive and they still play. What gives?

Ohio State football coach just tested positive. He's staying home and the team is still playing Saturday.

UT overreacted big time.

Like Gonzaga. Lmao!!!
Yes, you are. Contact tracing showed Gonzaga didn’t have issues outside of the 1 roommate, 1 positive and 1 out for contact tracing. They flew on separate planes and took multiple buses to limit the potential, try reading for a change.

VN Store

Back