Two more games cancelled

Yes, you are. Contact tracing showed Gonzaga didn’t have issues outside of the 1 roommate, 1 positive and 1 out for contact tracing. They flew on separate planes and took multiple buses to limit the potential, try reading for a change.

Oh, I read it. I bet you drive alone with a mask on....

Somebody tell Bama they can't play this weekend since Nick tested positive. I'm sure he wasn't around his players 😒

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I think it all boils down to how closely you want to regulate the exposure definition. The letter of the law says 15 minutes unmasked within 6 feet in a 24 hour period is my understanding.

If that’s the case I’m not sure even a coach chewing out a player would result in an exposure but i certainly understand why some places would say it is.

Oh, I read it. I bet you drive alone with a mask on....

Somebody tell Bama they can't play this weekend since Nick tested positive. I'm sure he wasn't around his players 😒
Assume all you want, you’d be quite wrong...but that doesn’t change the fact that there are protocols in place, thus why the Orlando bubble thing disappeared along with all sorts of other events, not every state/conference has the same protocols.

Reactions: walkenvol
Assume all you want, you’d be quite wrong...but that doesn’t change the fact that there are protocols in place, thus why the Orlando bubble thing disappeared along with all sorts of other events, not every state/conference has the same protocols.

Last time I checked, Bama was still in the SEC. Nick tested positive and his team still plays. Rick tests postive, and we shut it down. As someone who loves UT baskeball, I'm not sure why you are defending their overreaction.

And why extend the cancelled games past the 1st two? Good lord, it's like they put Jeremy Pruitt in charge of the decision making

Reactions: volbound1700
Last time I checked, Bama was still in the SEC. Nick tested positive and his team still plays. Rick tests postive, and we shut it down. As someone who loves UT baskeball, I'm not sure why you are defending their overreaction.

And why extend the cancelled games past the 1st two? Good lord, it's like they put Jeremy Pruitt in charge of the decision making

Saint Nick coaching football from the home office is very different than The Deacon coaching basketball from a branch office.

Tennessee has to have someone to coach the team genius, when essentially the whole staff/support staff has it/close contact, you can’t load up a bunch of 18-22 year olds and take them on a trip without any of those staff member.

Reactions: esarmstrong
Tennessee has to have someone to coach the team genius, when essentially the whole staff/support staff has it/close contact, you can’t load up a bunch of 18-22 year olds and take them on a trip without any of those staff member.

Essentially? The entire staff? You got a list of who has it? Take your mask off, and take a deep breathe

Essentially? The entire staff? You got a list of who has it? Take your mask off, and take a deep breathe
Again, this has nothing to do with my stance, if you knew me this would be quite funny as I wear it as little as possible...but I do respect the rules put in place at establishments and their respective protocols, strange it bothers you so much Tennessee does the same.

Mans has to be drunk. Take it back to the football forum brotha.

IMO, this is where UT may have missed an opportunity. Surely there are some other athletic department personnel who could travel with team as proxy coaches. CRB and the other coaches could ZOOM to iPads on the bench and perform the real coaching remotely. Certainly less than ideal, but in times like these adapt and adjust.

Bama still is though. That fluctuating SEC protocol thing
From what I can tell, the difference is that UT has multiple infections and exercising tracing protocols compromised so many staffers that we can't/we are unwilling to put a team on the court. Bama seems to be sticking with Saban and Saban alone.

I'm sure some here have more info, so please elaborate.

Reactions: ArdentVol
It would be nice if people would make their points without personally attacking the other posters. It happens in this forum the vast majority of the time and in this thread a whole lot.

IMO, this is where UT may have missed an opportunity. Surely there are some other athletic department personnel who could travel with team as proxy coaches. CRB and the other coaches could ZOOM to iPads on the bench and perform the real coaching remotely. Certainly less than ideal, but in times like these adapt and adjust.
The issue is that isn’t allowed...I’m amazed at how many people are undervaluing coaches, thinking these kids should just go off on their own as player coaches.

Reactions: Stoked
The issue is that isn’t allowed...I’m amazed at how many people are undervaluing coaches, thinking these kids should just go off on their own as player coaches.
Its against NCAA rules for a sick coach to communicate remotely to anyone on the bench? I wasn’t inferring the players should coach themselves if it came across that way

The first decisions made by UT, and understandably so, are legal liabilities and responsibilities. Safety first is always going to be their priority. Not necessarily with all schools, but certainly at UT.

Its against NCAA rules for a sick coach to communicate remotely to anyone on the bench? I wasn’t inferring the players should coach themselves if it came across that way
Yes, coach has to be there, it’s why Hugh Freeze was in a hospital bed in a booth and not at home.

I know you weren’t, others were, insanely stupid idea.

The first decisions made by UT, and understandably so, are legal liabilities and responsibilities. Safety first is always going to be their priority. Not necessarily with all schools, but certainly at UT.
As it should be, putting aside ones belief on this whole situation, the fact is the school/businesses have to operate with extreme caution.

VN Store

Back