Trump's "Truth Social" Media Oxymoron Incarnate

There are millions looking for another competitive platform. Progressives tend to follow like a silent fart after a buritto even though they use feign outrage.

Many of us are, but we're also looking for one not started with the intent of adding to political discord or offering safe harbor to people with constant anger issues.

I just want a place where I can post pictures of my kids, talk about wind band lit, and not be banned for three days for recommending someone burn down their house after finding a brown recluse cluster in their basement.

Many of us are, but we're also looking for one not started with the intent of adding to political discord or offering safe harbor to people with constant anger issues.

I just want a place where I can post pictures of my kids, talk about wind band lit, and not be banned for three days for recommending someone burn down their house after finding a brown recluse cluster in their basement.

I’m hoping Elon decides to start one for the fun of it. Instant truth social killer. Would hammer twitter as well really.

I’m hoping Elon decides to start one for the fun of it. Instant truth social killer. Would hammer twitter as well really.
It's going to be a steep climb. Twitter has 396 million users and averages about 1/2 billion tweets a day. Cyberworld is always changing but twitter has been pretty steady.

It's going to be a steep climb. Twitter has 396 million users and averages about 1/2 billion tweets a day. Cyberworld is always changing but twitter has been pretty steady.
Out of the 1/2 billion tweets a day I would venture a guess that 95% of them are retweets that are published by worthless companies like Yahoo that like to assemble them into an article.

Out of the 1/2 billion tweets a day I would venture a guess that 95% of them are retweets that are published by worthless companies like Yahoo that like to assemble them into an article.
Could be. You got me curious but I couldn't find any sources that broke down the number of tweets vs retweets per day. If you come across something let me know..

Reactions: VolStrom
The real problem, so my lovely wife tells me, is that the platform sucks. There were too many people tagging everything in existence and it made it difficult to actually see any relevant posts. So she stopped going there. Also there are some crazy wait for signups or something like that. Again, second hand knowledge since I havent been there myself but they should have focused on the tech side to ensure the UX is absolutely off the charts better, then focus on getting other groups besides their own echo chamber to join, in so much as they could.

If Elon can deliver on making Twitter, the best version of itself (and who wants to bet against Elon?) - Truth Social is going to be a niche play at best.

Reactions: hog88
But I thought Trump was the world's greatest businessman ever?

casablanca-shocked.gif

VN Store

Back