Trump Supporters Gathering in D.C. - Mayor Readies for Those ‘Seeking Confrontation’

I saw a post in one of these threads yesterday about talk of a million AR march coming to DC and that's what made me think of that im just not sure they could get it organized in time. While I agree with you, I also think another Al Qeada/ Isis group will pop up sooner rather than later and we will get caught with our pants down again.
I haven’t seen anything in reference to an AR march, although I don’t find talk of that very surprising under the current circumstances. As to the other, I think the timing depends on how much funding has already been provided by the military industrial complex and alphabets to those groups. They will need a new boogie man to help justify the new wars they so desperately desire since Trump wasn’t having any part of their shenanigans.

I haven’t seen anything in reference to an AR march, although I don’t find talk of that very surprising under the current circumstances. As to the other, I think the timing depends on how much funding has already been provided by the military industrial complex and alphabets to those groups. They will need a new boogie man to help justify the new wars they so desperately desire since Trump wasn’t having any part of their shenanigans.
Agreed. I don't remember who posted it, but it was in one of these threads, I might try to find it later.

I saw a post in one of these threads yesterday about talk of a million AR march coming to DC and that's what made me think of that im just not sure they could get it organized in time. While I agree with you, I also think another Al Qeada/ Isis group will pop up sooner rather than later and we will get caught with our pants down again.

Let's hope the "million AR march" never materializes.

Oh good grief. Are you really going to ignore decades of right-wing, hate-mongering radio and television shows, which seize on anything, large or small, true or ridiculously false, to twist the guts and warp the minds of their audiences? Anyone who listens to that garbage and approves it is responsible for the increasing violence we are seeing. No, I am not apologizing for the left wingers who do the same thing. But that is not who I am talking to right here. I am talking to you.
The right wing media only exists because all there was before was left wing media. It just took a while to meet the demands of the market.

I feel like this image from yesterday's events hasn't really been getting enough attention

ErGPWvAXUAYZ_vu

Like, I'm not the biggest fan of everyone in Congress either...but hooooly ****, what the ****? Was he intending to take hostages? There's also a handle in the holster on his right hip. So that's likely either a pocket carry or something like a flair gun.

Picture from Win McNamee, Getty Images. Part of USAToday's image collection of yesterday's events. Rioters storm into U.S. Capitol
Saw this. The guy has a Tennessee patch on his vest as well. Probably drank @ajvol01 's kool-aid in the Qanon thread for years on end.

There are a few things to draw from yesterday besides the fact that the protestors looked more like loony sightseers than people bent on real protest.

The lack of preparedness by the capitol police was incredible. If the lawmakers actually believed all the crap they've been spouting about Trump and sedition etc, why did they not take measures? Only answer is they didn't believe their own lies.

There were several times in videos when it looked like this was a staged event with the keystone cops as participants. Token resistance, and then come on guys we'll let you look around.

As much as I had hoped that GOP supporters had learned from the left and grown some balls; they haven't. The threat of violence and real protest is still from the left. That doesn't mean those to the right should loot and burn like the left, but they sure could learn about protest and being heard. It works for the other side and has for decades. Apparently government only answers to those they fear, and then it's to bow down and give them what they want - the government deals with left wing terrorists all the time. There is a message there.

Government will always be cool with the side that wants more government, and always against the side that wants less. I'm not sure why businesses are on the side of more government. I guess it's good PR. We should all vote Bernie so corporations go back to the right.

Reactions: AM64
I edited it to say "the Trump era". People all around can claim some credit.

Honestly, if you care at all about the divide, then you have to leave a dump on his doorstep. If you don't care about the divide, then why care if he gets all the blame? Some of you like him specifically because he attacks everybody.

The media didn't change. They're always unfair. The people on the right didn't change. They're always unfair. The people on the left didn't change. They're always unfair. The POTUS did change. Politics are inherently divisive and every POTUS of my lifetime made a very strong effort to avoid division. Trump went completely the other way and now American politics are a nightmare. Not only that, the mother****ing insane D's are now in charge of both houses of congress and the WH. **** Trump. **** his divisive nature. There was potential for this to be so much better. He's not interested in things being better. He's a diseased man. He left us with an America that is a complete **** show.
Are you cereal about every POTUS in your lifetime making a strong effort to avoid division? LOL!

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Im assuming the guy in purple is using a backpack for a bullet proof vest? If they were attempting some sort of coup, you would think they would've been more prepared

Honestly, you might be one of the first I've come across to point purple sweatshirt out. I doubt those two came together (though they would be a bit of a funny juxtaposition in a car).
("I carry survival gear in this vest.""Oh. I like to wear my backpack on my chest. I keep my wallet and snacks in it...would you like some?")

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
And the point of the zip ties is for what? Luckily, security got everyone out of there, but he appears as though he had some plans for what he wanted to do.

Zip ties have lots of uses. One is to tie doors together so they can't be opened. Really dangerous devices; I suppose they really should be banned.

Honestly, you might be one of the first I've come across to point purple sweatshirt out. I doubt those two came together (though they would be a bit of a funny juxtaposition in a car).
("I carry survival gear in this vest.""Oh. I like to wear my backpack on my chest. I keep my wallet and snacks in it...would you like some?")
I had friends in school who went through a phase wearing their backpack like that. When you would ask them why they would un zip it and pull something out and were like see look at how convenient this is.

Reactions: AM64 and TrueOrange
Zip ties have lots of uses. One is to tie doors together so they can't be opened. Really dangerous devices; I suppose they really should be banned.
I remember in school a lot of Sperry's were ruined with those things. If you fell asleep in class they would take one and put it through one of the strings on the sides then attach it to your desk. When you stood up boom out goes the string and you're stuck.

Reactions: AM64
Again, mixed feelings...

Nothing was accomplished by entering the capitol building the way they did. If they were going to start a revolution they should have had a better plan. I'm fine with the protests up to that point.

VN Store

Back