True Random Thoughts

Need etiquette advice here:

A friend sent a Smashup e-card for my burfday featuring Donny Osmond hollering my name repeatedly. Touched, but I am seriously not a Donny Osmond (or Marie, or whoever the hell other Osmond) fan.

Donny Osmond Birthday Song (Personalize Lyrics)

How do I acknowledge and express thanks for this card in a witty and charming way without revealing my horror and alarm? It was nice of her to send, but View attachment 401900

Signed,
Really Ready to Head Back to Pre-Internet Days
Few things here:
1. lulz
2. Donny Osmond has had too much plastic surgery
3. You could just send a text saying, “Thanks for the e-card. I always wanted to have Donny Osmond make sweet, sweet love to me when I was younger…but then I realized I hated Mormons. His knee length underwear weren’t a dealbreaker, but it didn’t help either. And sometimes I like a nice cup of coffee but I feel like Donny would be very judgy about that. Anyways, thanks for the video card. I’m sending you something you hate for Christmas.

Signed,
Donna”

Something like that should suffice. You’re welcome and feel free to reach out if you need advice in the future.

Few things here:
1. lulz
2. Donny Osmond has had too much plastic surgery
3. You could just send a text saying, “Thanks for the e-card. I always wanted to have Donny Osmond make sweet, sweet love to me when I was younger…but then I realized I hated Mormons. His knee length underwear weren’t a dealbreaker, but it didn’t help either. And sometimes I like a nice cup of coffee but I feel like Donny would be very judgy about that. Anyways, thanks for the video card. I’m sending you something you hate for Christmas.

Signed,
Donna”

Something like that should suffice. You’re welcome and feel free to reach out if you need advice in the future.
‘Bout time we got some actual Ron Mexico advice around heah!

Need etiquette advice here:

A friend sent a Smashup e-card for my burfday featuring Donny Osmond hollering my name repeatedly. Touched, but I am seriously not a Donny Osmond (or Marie, or whoever the hell other Osmond) fan.

Donny Osmond Birthday Song (Personalize Lyrics)

How do I acknowledge and express thanks for this card in a witty and charming way without revealing my horror and alarm? It was nice of her to send, but View attachment 401900

Signed,
Really Ready to Head Back to Pre-Internet Days

Send her this....

200.gif

Kinda late and self serving, but Happy Birthday! Have I mentioned before I never remember anyone’s birthday or any day with any significance and probably why I sux as a ‘thinking ahead and doing something thoughtful’ person? I’m sorry.
Oh good heavens, I barely keep track of it myself! Somewhere in August, I generally start saying my new age early. By the time the actual day rolls around, it’s a non-event. 🤪

I’ve been fighting a battle against Hallmark etc for decades.

When the kids were young, I frequently considered converting to the Orthodox church just to postpone Christmas gift-giving until January 7. It still seems like a good idea in some ways, although the smoke from candles makes me sneeze, so maybe not.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Oh good heavens, I barely keep track of it myself! Somewhere in August, I generally start saying my new age early. By the time the actual day rolls around, it’s a non-event. 🤪

I’ve been fighting a battle against Hallmark etc for decades.

When the kids were young, I frequently considered converting to the Orthodox church just to postpone Christmas gift-giving until January 7. It still seems like a good idea in some ways, although the smoke from candles makes me sneeze, so maybe not.
Lol. Hallmark is of the devil, every one of the milestones in one’s life. 😂.

Reactions: VolNExile
I gotta wait about 30 more years so I can retire from work and do that....watch a puppy do funny stuff....all day....every day....til I die.
I don’t think you can handle it. @Souce... back me up man, he gonna be pizzed.

VN Store

Back