True or False: Pruitt has made every non-QB unit better?

Pruitt has made every non-QB unit better

• True

Votes: 189 49.9%
  • False

Votes: 190 50.1%

• Total voters
Jury is still out on TE, DL and WR. Everything else, at least on paper, yes. Next year will help with DL

True every position group but QB has improved since not winning a single SEC game before he arrived. Bailey may fix this tomorrow stay tuned...

Reactions: Sarms58
OL ain't looking too hot
Agreed, but don’t forget how atrocious the group was that he inherited... Niehaus, Tatum, Ryan Johnson..

Kennedy, Mays, and Morris are without a doubt better than those guys. Smith is 3 years older but not much (if any) better but some of that is due to his condition.

This is a weird assessment...are we just doing specifically 2017 vs 2020 teams? Or like peak Butch vs now? Not sure either is a fair comparison, as units always rise and fall on a team...

If the former, then QB is much better off, but TEs, pass rush, and DT are worse.

This is a weird assessment...are we just doing specifically 2017 vs 2020 teams? Or like peak Butch vs now? Not sure either is a fair comparison, as units always rise and fall on a team...

If the former, then QB is much better off, but TEs, pass rush, and DT are worse.
I’m thinking of it as the team Pruitt inherited vs the one who will take the field tomorrow

I’m thinking of it as the team Pruitt inherited vs the one who will take the field tomorrow
So 2018 vs 2020

QBs - better
TEs - worse
WRs - worse (good L-T potential tho)
OL - much better

DT - worse
DEs - same
OLBs - worse
ILBs - better
CBs - much better
Safeties, Star - same, maybe bit better

So 2018 vs 2020

QBs - better
TEs - worse
WRs - worse
OL - better

DT - worse
DEs - same
OLBs - worse
ILBs - better
CBs - much better
Safeties - same

QB is better?? That negates you entire post.

At the absolute best, it is the same as 2018. . . .which is a total dumpster fire. No improvement, and I'd venture to say it's worse since defenses know exactly what to do to make him crumble.

TE has regressed, and they weren't that good to begin with. D-Line has shown no improvement. LB have improved at stopping the run, but are a liability in the passing game. Our WR's might be improved, but it's hard to tell because we don't have a QB who can get them the ball. So WR is a question mark. We have two decent RB's, but only one of them is a Pruitt recruit. So even RB is a "draw" at best.

QB is better?? That negates you entire post.

At the absolute best, it is the same as 2018. . . .which is a total dumpster fire. No improvement, and I'd venture to say it's worse since defenses know exactly what to do to make him crumble.
Y3 JG
+ Chryst

Vs

Y5 JG
+ Shrout
+ HB
+ Maurer

On depth and experience, it seems like this a "plus" for this year. But if you wanna say a push, ok. 2018 JG was pretty dang respectable after all. I think Helton played him the right way. He was very efficient that year, that is true for your argument.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Our biggest issues when CJP arrived was having the worst rushing attack in the SEC 2 straight years and weak S&C. We were dead last in the FBS b2b years at "Stuff Rate" along the OL and the DL constantly got pushed around - both signs of horrendous S&C.

I do like he has gotten those issues taken care of. Tough to win with dead last running game and a weak DL. We have chances to win now.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Yet, it’s still probably better than it was in 2017.

I don’t think the WRs and TEs are better.
TE is a continuous cluster f***

Palmer is legit. Hard to throw to WRs when your OL is getting you killed.

I still don't know why some of you think our running backs have regressed. Gray is 6th in yards in the SEC while Chandler is 11th. If we had a half decent QB starting I'm will to bet they would be doing even better. The RBs have most certainly improved.
I think both are good and have been for their careers. Haven't really seen improvement in either, but they were good to start with as backs.

That said, they are largely factors of the OL improvement and willingness to run out of 11 personnel. About 85% of rushing success is due to these factors...RBs are largely interchangeable.

On the downside, they are very poor at Pass Pro. I mean...bad.

Reactions: 08Vol and Raebo
TE is a continuous cluster f***
This coming class should shore that up. Wolfe is a legit all-around TE prospect and Campbell could be a big receiving threat...which we desperarely need at TE.

Pruitt was so into pure blocking TEs at first, but I think he's coming around. We need a Pitts/Kittle kind of guy to really stress modern defenses.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
So 2018 vs 2020

QBs - better
TEs - worse
WRs - worse (good L-T potential tho)
OL - much better

DT - worse
DEs - same
OLBs - worse
ILBs - better
CBs - much better
Safeties, Star - same, maybe bit better

JG is worse now than he was back then. BM and JT are probably not SEC QBs either.

Our best and only true QB was hurt by corona

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back